Author Topic: Visiting Tiruvannamalai  (Read 5643 times)

abhilash.ayyagari

• View Profile
Visiting Tiruvannamalai
« on: September 01, 2013, 11:05:07 AM »
Hello all,

I am planning to make a trip to Tiruvannavamalai after Dussera and before Diwali. Since Karthika Maasam starts after Diwali , i understand it will be a busy period for a month from then, i wanted to know how busy the period between Dussera and Diwali (14th October to 1st November) will be. Ideally i would like to visit when the crowd is less both in Ramana Asramam and the Big temple.

Please advice.

Om Arunachaleswaraya Namaha.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Visiting Tiruvannamalai
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 11:15:51 AM »
Dear abhilash,

Between Dasara and Deepavali, if you choose week days and also non-full moon days, it will be less crowded.

Arunachala Siva.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 08:04:09 PM »
Hello all,

I am planning to make a trip to Tiruvannavamalai after Dussera and before Diwali. Since Karthika Maasam starts after Diwali , i understand it will be a busy period for a month from then, i wanted to know how busy the period between Dussera and Diwali (14th October to 1st November) will be. Ideally i would like to visit when the crowd is less both in Ramana Asramam and the Big temple.

Please advice.

I am in Mumbai and you are in Pune,  you called me , but still I am not in right mindset to call you bad, time and again I think of you Ji,  sorry, before you make a trip I will meet you to give you few orders from Ramasramam.  :)

abhilash.ayyagari

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 11:38:15 AM »
No problem at all sir.  You can call me anytime :)

abhilash.ayyagari

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 03:28:48 PM »
Dear friends,

After a lot of delays , i have finally managed to make reservations to travel to Tiruvannamalai on the 28th Feb. I wrote to the ashram to request for accommodation but they are unable to provide any on account of Mahasivaratri on the 27th. They have recommended Andhra Siva Sannidhi. I wanted to know if any of you have stayed at this place and how the accommodation was.

Also, i was under the impression that the days after Mahasivaratri may not be very crowded, would you know how easy/difficult the darshan would be during this period. Reason i want to know is, i am taking my parents along and this is their first visit to Tiruvannamalai and they would find it difficult to stand in long queues for darshan due to old age.

Any other options available for accommodation would be greatly helpful.

Regards,
Abhilash Ayyagari

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 03:51:55 PM »
Dear abhilash.ayyagiri,

On Mahasivaratri days only the Big Temple will be crowded and there will not be that much crowd in the Asramam.
About Andhra Siva Sannidhi, I have no idea.

Arunachala Siva.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 04:07:40 PM »
Hi Abhilash,

Good to know that u are going to Arunachaleshwara on such special occasion. From past 6 yrs I guess, I always stayed in Shiva Sannidhi & I have made good friendship with the team there & they used to take care of me very well even in special occasions. The best thing is the food (typical andhra food) & they strictly adhere the timings. During special occasions u will find too many people & if u are single, u may have to share room with others if required, since it is a trust & they try to serve as many as possible. Rooms are tidy & one has to be lucky to get a room where u can see the hill from window.

Please do not keep any high expectations, but it is a decent place comparing to a standards of a trust. There are no conditions on the payment, so u can pay as per your wish. Sad part is just recently management has been changed & there are totally new people who are taking care of it, so even I am new to them now.

If u need any more info please feel free to respond.

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!

abhilash.ayyagari

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 04:16:20 PM »
Thank you Vinod and Subramanian Sir.

Vinod - Is there any mail id that i could write to, to confirm the booking? i spoke to someone on the phone who took down the details but i am skeptical as he mentioned i should call back before we arrive to confirm again. I tried one id mentioned on their website but mail has bounced back. There was another blog i found called Arunachala grace who had pictures of Siva Sannidhi and the rooms and said they do bookings on their behalf so i have written to them too but no response yet. please advice the best way to secure an accommodation in advance with them.

And i will be visiting the day after Mahasivaratri, i.e on the 28th Feb. I hope the crowds won't be too much on the day after the festival.

Thank you once again.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 11:31:59 AM »
Dear Abhilash,

I dont think they have any online booking, even if they have any email I dont think they monitor it. As I told u its a trust, they just take the basic details and when u reach there, they will make basic arrangements for u & once the people vacate u may get a separate or private room. As u said u r coming on 28th so u will see good number of crowd, however most of them will vacate by 28th late evening. So u will not have major concerns post 28th.

Do not worry as u have given ur info to them, they will take care of u & just compromise on 28th like sharing room with others if u are alone. All these years I never had any problem & I used to mostly visit on special occasion in very short notice but still they used to take care of me very well. I always thank Arunachala who helped me through them & I am little bit concerned in the future since the management has changed :(

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:33:32 AM by Vinod »

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 11:37:00 AM »
If the old management would have continued I would have personally referred u but I am sorry that I cannot do anything for u.

abhilash.ayyagari

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 12:38:26 PM »
Thanks Vinod. I trust Bhagavan and Arunachala to take care of us if he has called us at that time :) I am sure we can manage.

Many thanks for your inputs.