Author Topic: Surrendering a wish to Bhagavan and Arunachala  (Read 6127 times)

Vinod

• View Profile
Re: Surrendering a wish to Bhagavan and Arunachala
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 09:36:09 AM »
Dear Jewell,

I wonder from where do u get these pic's :-\

I love animals esp dogs and greenery with lots of trees which again leads to increase in habitats esp animals. I wish there should be too many trees on the left side of the path which gives us shade while doing pradakshina & less number of trees on the right side which helps us to always focus on the hill. Compared to 5-6 yrs i see trees growing fast now, which is obstructing view of the sacred hill most of the times while doing pradakshina.

I really miss those days when I used to do pradakshina from the forest. The best was doing pradakshina immediately after rain from forest. I cannot explain its beauty & I feel may be thats how being in heaven or Shiva lokam feels like. I wish local authorities should start allowing people from inner route with proper precautionary measures.

When I have been for the first time in 2006, there was very less traffic, less promotions/marketting & less temples. I wish ancient shrines should be protected well with no more new temples, ashrams etc which is making this place a mess or different from good old days. I feel Arunachala is the blend of all gods and uttering his name or seeing him with our eyes is enough for this life or for this body & there is no need to have different deities to be established on the pradakshina route.

I wish there should be no more homes constructed closer to the hill or on the right side of the outer route. India is such a place, here we have the world's expensive house and at the same time people living on the streets, so people can spend money or bribe till any extent to build a house closer to hill & this should be prohibited.

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!   

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 04:30:31 PM »
Namaste Jewell and Vinodji:

Yes, it will be nice to have more trees on the left side of the road and regular trimming of the ones on the right.

I can't say that about dogs. Much as I love them, their barking (all night long) disturbs me. 

Tiruvannamalai is very noisy and some of the noise is from TV sets. If you live in Ramana Nagar you know what I mean.

Early morning when the rest of us are just waking up, doing sun salutation, meditating or generally enjoying the quiet and beauty of Arunachala, TV sets will be turned on full blast to some Guru talking in some Indian language. So if you have two or three neighbours, there are two or three TV sets that are blasting out the same damn talk.   

I have promised myself that I will never donate to this guru who used to come to Tiruvannamalai regularly and cannot any more. Arunachala kept him away. HA! HA!  The lesson for him was that if you are guru, you are responsible for how your disciples/ devotees behave (or in this case misbehave and disturb the peace of their neighbours).

So, yes, I would recommend that there be no TV sets, radios or loudspeakers allowed within the city of Tiruvannamalai just as it is banned in Tirupati and Vaishno Devi .   

Frankly, in my opinion,  if you live in Tiruvannamalai and feel the need for a TV, then you are not ready for Arunachala. That is a dead giveaway.  YOU ARE JUST NOT READY FOR ARUNACHALA. "We have the money", "we are spending our retirement years here" or any such excuse is not acceptable. Find another place to pollute.

Also, there are some people who talk very loudly and disturb the peace and then there are some who are so peaceful.  When I asked my maid servant why that is so in Tiruvannamalai, she replied: "Those people (not her community) eat a lot of salt and chillies. It makes them very agitated."   

Maybe community leaders or the local media can increase public awareness about this. People on the spiritual path should eat sattvic food without a lot of salt and chillies.  If you love your salt and chillies or pizzas for that matter, then find some place else to live until your vasanas let go of you.

Vinodji, I agree about the building of houses but that I am sure will come in time as the government, the Arunachaleswarar temple  and Ramana Ashram play a greater role in the development of Tiruvannamalai.

Come, let us pray that Arunachala blesses them with making the right decisions and they have the money, technology and will power to quieten and beautify Tiruvannamalai quickly. I have faith it will happen. The government has managed to enforce order in Tirupati and Vaishno Devi, I am sure it is capable of doing it in Tiruvannamalai as well.

Child of Arunachala
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 05:26:31 AM by Child of Arunachala »

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 07:49:19 PM »
Namaste dear Child of Arunachala and dear Vinod!

Indeed,all You both mentioned should be done. I am for that,that in all places around the world should be preserved nature and animal life. I prefer when it is untouched and wild nature more,than buildings,houses and traffics. Somehow,we spoil everything we come in touch with.
So also about Tiru and Arunachala,such Holy place,Lord Shiva Himself,Reality itself.
I also love dogs,animals of all kinds and nature. By respecting this beautiful place,we get respect from it too. Not to mention enjoyment of walking beautiful green paths,with birds singing and heartbreaking site to watch.
I never have been to Tiru,but i truly hope i will come one day in one peaceful and serene town.

Regarding pictures,i find them all by chance. For this one i tiped "burning candle animated gif". :D
I also found one excellent community site with lots of rare photographies,named "pinterest".

With love and prayers,