Author Topic: Be focussed on our Maharishee for a lot of time  (Read 8703 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Be focussed on our Maharishee for a lot of time
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 08:59:48 PM »
jyoti,

I would also like to add that with the mass of fake Gurus nowadays it is very easy to met the wrong persons. That is why it is such a great, great luck to have knowledge of Bhagavan and His teachings - He did not abuse anyone, He did not care for wealth, He did not preach worship of a particular deity and He gave a path that can be followed by anyone.

What you have said is quite true.Wish to add that if we are in Right Earnest,we will automatically be away from so called Fake ones.Even if we encounter one,we will go our way untouched.The Onus is on us.

Namaskar.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 11:05:07 PM »
Quote from ksksat27
When we are not focussed on one particular Guru and his teachings that means our mind under the disguise of variety,  just takes relaxation under different people. 

Suppose we go to a doctor,  we need to continue treatment, see his prescription and follow the course, in between if I go to another doctor,  then i will not be benefitted at both places.

This I am not only telling but Sadhu Om tells in Path of Sri Ramana second part book.

In that he explains that some people just go to different Gurus rather than staying at one place and follow the teachings. Such people seem to taste different food items at different hotels, but actually if their stomach filled in first hotel they will not visit other hotels.  This is the gist he explains.

It is not fanatism,  but there is a thin border line.

We can occasionally go to different saints and read different books, but that should not become a habit to keep on just wandering.   One has to focus on Bhagavan Ramana Maharishee alone for some time.  This is because,  the mind will definitely try to escape under different excuses. The underlying objective of ego is not the attraction to another saint but a simple tricky plan in the name of diversion. 

Take any Guru, not that only Bhagavan Ramana but stick to him atleast for an year and see the result, against just here and there going to every saint and knocking at every door.

Ranjit Maharaj told the same thing.  After he met his Guru Siddha Rameshwar Maharaj he heard about Sri Ramana but there was no need he saw in going to another Guru.

Saradamma calls this Guru Shopping.  (Amma is a bit extreme in using phrases like this to push our faith to our own Guru)

We cannot imitate these personalities I have quoted here, but atleast we can try to spend maximum time in the company of Bhagavan and his teachings.

All forms are external , but until we cross our own ego-mind forms matter a lot.

Too much diversion is not good and not required.
At the same time, one need not artificially sit under Bhagavan when his mind is wavering, he can take a break and come back.

This is not to form spirtiual groups but success rate of liberation and past history of saints always show this secret -- one God, one Guru and fast success!

Dear Sri ksksat27,

I must say that i completely agree with this. All Great Ones said that is very important to be fully devoted to one Guru,and that progress is very fast then. I see it like one form of surrender also. That is true devotion and dedication.

These days,we all read so many things,so many different teachings,which,i must admit for myself,is very hard to avoid. I sign it to my restlessness. There is a one good thing in that,and that is,whole Universe is our teacher,and that is one same source,our own Self. But,that is also the hidrance. It works like our teacher,from simple reason it help us in the way we are approaching it. Even when reading is completely different thing,coz we only absorb that which goes hand in hand with our Guru words,and we read it more in informational way,and even that drops off after some time. But,complete and total dedication to one Guru,on that field too, would help very much faster,i believe.

So,it is very much clear. Bhagavan said it,Maharaj said it,all the Gurus said it. Stick to Your Guru,have complete faith in Him,and You will reach the goal.
Infact,Maharaj was one who always criticized going from Guru to Guru,and wondering aimlessly visiting saints. He harshly criticized some of Osho"s devotees which came to Him. His words were"You have one sage,where is the need to come to me?!" He even trow out some of them.
I fully agree with this,and i dont see need to go to anyone else if You already have Guru. Not to mention that Bhagavan is Guru who is that kind of Sage whom is very hard to find,and such a rare opportunity. We got jack pot,so where is the need to go anywhere else?!

Devotion to one Guru,if You have Him,is most important thing indeed!

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:13:14 PM by Jewell »

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 11:16:10 PM »
Quote from Jyoti,
I would also like to add that with the mass of fake Gurus nowadays it is very easy to met the wrong persons.
That is why it is such a great, great luck to have knowledge of Bhagavan and His teachings - He did not abuse anyone, He did not care for wealth, He did not preach worship of a particular deity and He gave a path that can be followed by anyone.

Dear Jyoti,

This is so true! Nowadays,there are so many Gurus,and so far,i did not saw anyone who is genuine,and truly Realised person. Sure,i speak about Gurus which are all over the internet,and all over Tiru. I find them all to be very,very dangerous. Very charming and sweet telling,and behind it.. Well behind it is something very different,and certainly not goodness,or wisdom,or realisation. Truly realised Sage is very,very hard to find. And,like You have said,we dont even need to search anymore.

These words You said about Bhagavan are absolutely true,and that is something so unique,and so unusual for these times. That kind of Guru,absolutely flawless.

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 11:21:33 PM by Jewell »

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 12:51:29 AM »
But there are Gurus who are loving, kind, want to help, have dedicated their lived to God and the Truth, are well-versed in Vedas/Holy books and so on but are not God-realized. What about them? Are they dangerous or fake?
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 01:14:26 AM »
Dear Hari,

I,personally,would always,always chose Guru which is Self realised. even when that is not matter of choosing. At least,not ours.

For me,only Realised man can be called Guru. In a sense that i can trust Him completely,and everything what that relationship asks.  I dont accept teachers,people of wisdom like Gurus. For me they are different. They can certainly help,like everything in life,and All,absolutely all,good and bad. But,i cannot give them title of Guru,and my complete trust. I would prefer to trust in myself then.

Man,how much good or wise,but not realised,is man with ego,and where is ego,there are mistakes. I prefer to hit on wall by my choice,then to hit on the same by someone else"s choice,or mistake.

But,people who call themselves Gurus and are in the search for devotees,and are not realised,are frauds for me. They teach something which they dont know,manipulate and use. Most important thing for them is power,fame and money. At least,they are deluded people,which is very dangerous. I speak sure,about nowadays,so called Gurus,which declare themselves in such way,and teach the things they never experienced.

With love and prayers,

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 01:32:03 AM »
Dear Jewell, how do you discern:
1. Who is Self-realized?
2. Who is deluded but consider himself Self-realized?
3. Who is fraud but presents himself to be Self-realized?
4. Why not Self-realized are dangerous? Do they teach you to cut your veins? For example according to Advaita followers Sri Chaitanya was not only not God but He was not even Guru because He didn't teach that the world is unreal, only Brahman is real (so according to Advaita standard He was not God-realized). But can you compare such Great Soul to ordinary man? Can you see such devotion, love and compassion that He had these days?

So this topic however good and important is very slippery.

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 02:19:01 AM »
Dear Hari,

Answer on that question everyone must find alone. There is no ready made guide,except your own Self.

Such conclusion I make watching behaviour of that man,what he says,do,his look,his smile,his dealing with people,how he teaches,how he reacts,and by the feeling. Everyone knows when he finds right Guru by the impact and change he brings in him.

We have Bhagavan and Arunachala,so I dont see the need for other teachers,which are actual Gurus these days.

With love and prayers,

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 02:46:07 AM »
Dear Jewell,
I agree completely on that matter. After all listening to our heart is the best thing we can do. But I also pointed to something very important too. What is Self-realization? Is Sri Shankara's standards the criterium? Does Sri Ramanuja's view have some credibility? Is Sri Madhvacharya allowed something to say about this topic? So to say that Guru is only the Advaitin is somehow harsh. And more importantly it can lead to us the trap called fundamentalism against which we so passionately stand and don't accept as right. So I consider more healthy to say that Guru is everyone experienced and dedicated his life to spirituality.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 06:33:07 AM »
Hari/Jewell/Friends,

But there are Gurus who are loving, kind, want to help, have dedicated their lived to God and the Truth, are well-versed in Vedas/Holy books and so on but are not God-realized. What about them? Are they dangerous or fake?

Wonderful theme Hari.The upanishads say 'AchArya Devo Bhava'-Look upon the AchArya as God.The Upanishads have wonderfully covered all this-including listening to Elders as well.An AchArya is one who is a sincere Practitioner and lives as per the scriptural injunctions in both its outer and inner aspects.He may be Guru or he may not be.Yet he can be a wonderful guide and much inspiration can be drawn by association with such a one.He can be what is called a upa-Guru.

The aim of spiritual Living is expansion-coming out of our little circle of 'I' and 'Mine' and embracing the whole of creation.Whatever helps one towards this is Good.Ofcourse this does not mean that we will embrace the 'Tiger' in physical terms. :)

The whole problem is that we tend to mixup the inner and outer aspects-where the inner clinging is needed we transpose it into an outer clinging.This is what a formula ridden ,cliched mind does.

To sort out this,association with Holy men(satsangha) is essential.For most persons a Physical Guru(I need to use the term,although the Guru as we all acknowledge  is the Grace Principle ,our own Self)is necessary to help sort out this 'mixture'.

The other way is to proceed with the best Light that is available to us -through the teachings of Sri Bhagavan,or any other Master that appeals to one-and practise it earnestly.This calls for tremendous degree of integrity and shraddha-and this will lead to the Recognition of the Guru-the inner Guru.One needs to be careful not to let the 'mixture' and turbidity to get in the way.

If an aspirant wishes to follow the teachings of Sri Bhagavan(I mean Sri Ramana)-He needs to ascertain what Sri Bhagavan has taught and not what his Followers or his Follower's  Followers Taught-For the 'mixture' element creeps in and we will end up in confusion.Sri Bhagavan's writings and talks are available for this purpose and an aspirant should make a thorough study of that and assimilate it in full measure. The more and more we do this we gain in clarity and this will further help us in our Sadhana and take us forward.

If such an aspirant wants to recommend the teachings to others-he will refer them to the Original source-Sri Bhagavan's writings and His talks to them.He will not recommend his 'Interpretaion' of that.

Not just this.The Genuine aspirant will find that there is no contradiction in the Teachings of The Great ones and what is already in the Vedas or the Upanishads.He will find that he is in perfect Harmony with everyone and recognize that The Guru is all pervasive and not the 'Limited' concept or idea that he initially Started with.He will have no compunction in going to any place of worship or any group of worshippers.He will have no compunction if he does not go anywhere and stay rooted in one place.

In Tamizh there is a Saying:

யாதும் ஊரே யாவரும் கேளீர் (yaadhum oorey yaavarum keyLeer)

Every country is one's country and Everyone is one's people.

Our Holy Mother,Sri Sarada Devi says the same thing :
'No one is a stranger my child;the whole world is our own'.
This is called 'Sarva Bhuta Hridayam' as the srimad  Bhagavatham puts it.

Just how true this is -I will refer to this small modest website of Master TGN and if one cursorily goes through this,he will get an idea of this:
http://www.tgnfoundation.org/Audio%20Tamil%20Talks.htm
The Range of subjects covered brings the Essence of Spiritual Living-That the Essence of all Teachings is JnAna ,Bhakti,Viveka and Vairagya and the Dharmic Living.

Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 07:27:30 AM »
Friends,
This is posted in a light vein. :)

New Scenario:
All devotees of Sri Bhagavan have taken to it seriously to practise our friend's Krishna's Recommendation.They have moved bag and Baggage to Tiruvannamalai,so that they can Circumambulate Arunachala.They are also keen to visit MatruBhuteswara Temple.To facilitate this ,they have purchased land in and around arunacahala and constructions are spreading to a Radius of 200 Kms from Tiruvannamalai.
Serpentine Queue has been formed ,beating the Tiruppathi queue and it takes about 2 Days time to have darshan of Matrubhuteswara and the installed Meru Chakra.
With the construction of Buildings around Arunachala,it has become well nigh impossible to have Darshan without Helicopter ride over Arunachala.Tickets are booked 1 year in Advance..... and the story continues..:)

Jyoti

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 12:34:34 PM »

What you have said is quite true.Wish to add that if we are in Right Earnest,we will automatically be away from so called Fake ones.Even if we encounter one,we will go our way untouched.The Onus is on us.

Namaskar.
Only problem is when you don't realize that your "Guru" is a fake.
I often read about people following someone they believe to be genuine for years before they find out the truth.
Better follow a death Guru who is genuine than running after someone who is alive but a fake.
True Guru does not die.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 12:45:54 PM »
Dear Jyoti,

I often read about people following someone they believe to be genuine for years before they find out the truth.
Better follow a death Guru who is genuine than running after someone who is alive but a fake.
True Guru does not die.

Would it not be enough if you (the disciple is) are not fake? No fakes can over turn you then. Is it not so? :)

I share a story:

The duty of a farmer’s daughter was to carry fresh milk to customers in various villages, one of whom was a priest. To reach his house, the milkmaid had to cross a good-sized stream. People crossed it by a sort of ferry raft, for a small fee.

One day the priest scolded the poor woman as she arrived late with the milk which the priest used it daily as “Offering” to God. ”What can I do?” she said, “I start out early from my house, but I have to wait a long time for the boatman to come.”

Then the priest said (pretending to be serious), “You know! People have even walked across the ocean by repeating the names of God, and you can’t cross this little river?” This milkmaid took him very seriously. From then on she brought the priest’s milk punctually every morning. He became curious about it and asked how she was never late anymore.

“I cross the river repeating the name of the Lord,” she replied, “just as you told me to do, without waiting for the ferry.” The priest didn’t believe her, and asked, “Can you show me, how you cross the river on foot once ?” So they went together to the water and the milkmaid began to walk over it. Looking back, the woman saw that the priest had started to follow her and was drowning in the water.

“Sir!” she cried, “Though you are uttering the name of God, yet all the while you are holding up your clothes from getting wet. That is not trusting in God completely!”

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 01:08:40 PM »
Quote from Jyoti,
True Guru does not die.

I love this! :)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:18:42 PM by Jewell »

Jyoti

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 01:28:16 PM »
Dear Jyoti,

True Guru does not die.

Would it not be enough if you (the disciple is) are not fake? No fakes can over turn you then. Is it not so? :)

I share a story:

The duty of a farmer’s daughter was to carry fresh milk to customers in various villages, one of whom was a priest. To reach his house, the milkmaid had to cross a good-sized stream. People crossed it by a sort of ferry raft, for a small fee.

One day the priest scolded the poor woman as she arrived late with the milk which the priest used it daily as “Offering” to God. ”What can I do?” she said, “I start out early from my house, but I have to wait a long time for the boatman to come.”

Then the priest said (pretending to be serious), “You know! People have even walked across the ocean by repeating the names of God, and you can’t cross this little river?” This milkmaid took him very seriously. From then on she brought the priest’s milk punctually every morning. He became curious about it and asked how she was never late anymore.

“I cross the river repeating the name of the Lord,” she replied, “just as you told me to do, without waiting for the ferry.” The priest didn’t believe her, and asked, “Can you show me, how you cross the river on foot once ?” So they went together to the water and the milkmaid began to walk over it. Looking back, the woman saw that the priest had started to follow her and was drowning in the water.

“Sir!” she cried, “Though you are uttering the name of God, yet all the while you are holding up your clothes from getting wet. That is not trusting in God completely!”

--
I would say that it needs much sadhana to become a devotee of this quality.
And who would guide you if not a true Guru?
So better to follow a true Guru who has left his body than following a false one who you can share a handshake with.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 02:12:05 PM »
Dear Jyoti and Friends,

It is my firm belief that a disciple is born along with a Guru. They both Guru and Student are always together, never is there a time when they are separate.

The very moment a thirst occurred for the divinity, a student takes birth along with the Guru. There is no question of Genuine or Fake, infact, if it is ordained that one has to go and learn from a self defined 'fake' Guru', so be it, it also becomes a Guru. A True Guru never abandons the disciple, as He cannot really. This is actually a marriage when the Spiritual thirst first took place. A divorce also cannot separate this Bond.

Can a Student go astray? Is it even possible? This very thought is a great hindrance. There is a saying which goes thus - when the student is ready the Guru arrives. How can we say any Guru is genuine or fake? How can we evaluate a Guru? This itself is hindrance in first place.

Here is another line of thought, suppose one is under a genuine Guru, take Bhagavan himself, suppose the student is not ready as we may say, then there is a possibility that this student may still go astray even with Bhagavan as his Guru, is it not possible? taking eratic steps and so on. But i say, even this going astray is also part of the lesson, the Original Guru teaches the disciple who was born along with the student.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta