Author Topic: Be focussed on our Maharishee for a lot of time  (Read 9511 times)

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
Re: Be focussed on our Maharishee for a lot of time
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 02:19:26 PM »
Story Time

A guru had a staunch serving disciple. The disciple had already spent more than 15 years with the guru and still never asked anything other than serving him all the time. He also never opened his mouth ever in these 15 years. Guru's hut was filled with people coming and going, debating great spiritual texts, satsangs etc. Still this boy never opened his mouth or showed any interest in listening to them.

One day the guru felt that he should reward this disciple. The guru was such a great sidha that he could make Dakshinamoorthy appear at his will to anyone. One day when the disciple had gone to collect water from the river, Guru sat in deep meditation and decided to make Dakshinamoorthy appear in front of disciple near the river. Usually the disciple comes back in 15 minutes. And even that day, he came back in flat 15 minutes. Guru was shocked as he knew that Dakshinamoorthy had appeared in front of him. Guru asked - "Did you see anyone near the river?". Disciple replied - "Yes. I saw Dakshinamoorthy bhagawan. But if I wait there seeing Dakshinamoorthy, who will serve you? So I left immediately bowing in front of him while walking". Guru was shell shocked and started teaching him the scriptures in love. The disciple also became an expert and started giving satsang on his own.

One day while the disciple was giving satsang, someone came running and said in his ears - "Bhagawan, your guru has left his mortal coil and merged in God". Disciple just continued the satsang as if nothing happened. After the satsang, the audience asked how come he is unmoved by the death of his most beloved guru whom he served for decades? He said - "A guru who dies is neither a guru and a shishya who cries hearing that death is neither a shishya" !!!
Salutations to Bhagawan

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 03:03:08 PM »
Can a Student go astray? Is it even possible? This very thought is a great hindrance. There is a saying which goes thus - when the student is ready the Guru arrives. How can we say any Guru is genuine or fake? How can we evaluate a Guru? This itself is hindrance in first place.

This is what I meant. How could I prove that Sri Ramana or Sri Ramakrishna are true Gurus? I cannot. They may be just deluded or just men with some strange brain function. Yes, they can be. But I have DECIDED for myself that they are true Gurus and for me they are true Gurus. Yes, I my be wrong but I may be right. But I take the risk with some faith. But I am not the criteria for who is true Guru. I have met a boy from my town who is Vaishnava. For him living in Vaikuntha is the final goal and for him Swami Prabhupada is true Guru and all Advaitins are mayavadis, in ignorance. So who Guru is true and who is not is a point of view. Everyone must decide for himself. So you also have made a decision. The important thing is the man you have chosen as your Guru to lead you to the ideal you are searching for.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 03:10:38 PM »
Dear Sanjaj ji,

Thank You for this beautiful story! It is in line with everything which is said here.

With love and prayers,

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 08:28:51 PM »
Friends,
This is posted in a light vein. :)

New Scenario:
All devotees of Sri Bhagavan have taken to it seriously to practise our friend's Krishna's Recommendation.They have moved bag and Baggage to Tiruvannamalai,so that they can Circumambulate Arunachala.They are also keen to visit MatruBhuteswara Temple.To facilitate this ,they have purchased land in and around arunacahala and constructions are spreading to a Radius of 200 Kms from Tiruvannamalai.
Serpentine Queue has been formed ,beating the Tiruppathi queue and it takes about 2 Days time to have darshan of Matrubhuteswara and the installed Meru Chakra.
With the construction of Buildings around Arunachala,it has become well nigh impossible to have Darshan without Helicopter ride over Arunachala.Tickets are booked 1 year in Advance..... and the story continues..:)

:)  Nice imagination --  but the problem with our Bhagavan Ramana Maharishee school  is only a very few are really attracted to this Naan Yaar and Mathrubuteshwara Lingam.   Our Bhagavan Ramana also does not care -- infact he is happy to sit only with a few like us.   :)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 11:05:10 AM »
:)  Nice imagination --  but the problem with our Bhagavan Ramana Maharishee school  is only a very few are really attracted to this Naan Yaar and Mathrubuteshwara Lingam.   Our Bhagavan Ramana also does not care -- infact he is happy to sit only with a few like us.   :)

A slight correction .A lot of people are attracted but Very few are only mature ,eligible and committed  for Naan Yaar ( like there is lot of attraction to attend Bhagavad Gita and Upansihad lectures but very few have the sadhana chatustya i.e 4 fold qualifications needed for Vedantic Study ) .Rest believe that they are very much ready for this and that is the big crowd and that is what Sri Ravi is worried will over crowd Arunachala .
Uttarakhand region which was a place meant  for serious pilgrimage and serious sadhana slowly turned out to be a tourist spot and for all fly by night Swamis to build Ashrams and resorts claiming to teach Yoga , Vedanta , Spirituality etc  and attracting all forms of  tourists in the name of spiritual travel and finally Mother Ganga felt that enough is enough and showed her anger and wiped of most of the structures and gave a severe blow to everyone that now only the bravest of brave will venture out there .
I hope we do not provoke  father Arunacahala to do a similar thing in Arunachala as I see similar Uttarakhand symptomsof fly by night Gurus and Ashrams all over Arunachala .

By the way here in this link I have shared in depth my views on some people claiming to follow only Bhagavan Ramana

http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=6940.msg53807#new
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:30:44 AM by atmavichar100 »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 09:54:41 PM »

A slight correction .A lot of people are attracted but Very few are only mature ,eligible and committed  for Naan Yaar ( like there is lot of attraction to attend Bhagavad Gita and Upansihad lectures but very few have the sadhana chatustya i.e 4 fold qualifications needed for Vedantic Study ) .Rest believe that they are very much ready for this and that is the big crowd and that is what Sri Ravi is worried will over crowd Arunachala .
Uttarakhand region which was a place meant  for serious pilgrimage and serious sadhana slowly turned out to be a tourist spot and for all fly by night Swamis to build Ashrams and resorts claiming to teach Yoga , Vedanta , Spirituality etc  and attracting all forms of  tourists in the name of spiritual travel and finally Mother Ganga felt that enough is enough and showed her anger and wiped of most of the structures and gave a severe blow to everyone that now only the bravest of brave will venture out there .
I hope we do not provoke  father Arunacahala to do a similar thing in Arunachala as I see similar Uttarakhand symptomsof fly by night Gurus and Ashrams all over Arunachala .

By the way here in this link I have shared in depth my views on some people claiming to follow only Bhagavan Ramana

http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=6940.msg53807#new

Dear atmavichar,

I am a bit angry with you  :) .  For the children who develop 'some' interest even let it be tourist spot interest in Arunachala will never be punished.  Same case in Uttharakhand.  Lord Shiva the friend of the meek and so is our Bhagavan Ramana.  Both of them don't want to be at some height and both Father and Son Ramana are actually meant for both the highest aspirant to a curiosity seeking tourist.

The flood in Kedharnath need not be attributed to the tourist and devotees visiting.  Nobody goes there to die sir, and Lord Shiva will not put a death curse on people coming to his spot even let it be a casual visit.  The sentiments of thousands who lost their near and dear in pilgrimage should be respected.  If we go their houses and ask them,  we will not bring in spiritual maturity and pilgrimage together.  They also made lot of plans,  they also wanted to buy lot of salagramam,  spatika lingama and other nice pooja articles, they also were sent off by their sons in trains and flights,  not to die for this simple reason 'of curiosity visit'

Right sir ?  So even natural calamity occurs at one place,  as Maha Periayava in deivathin Kural told, it is actually a test for rest we people 'sitting' in safer bodies in safer places.  The test is how much we empathize and sympathize.

So I feel fallen souls like me and many other people visit Arunachala and Ramana Maharishee for peace and solace -- Son is a son , no matter he qualifed for vedantic study or not.  For Universal Mother Azhagammal and Divine Son Ramana, infact their major worry is only to uplift people like me ,  cleverer and bright children know how to cross , only the fallen need help is not it Sir,?