Author Topic: Karma  (Read 1274 times)

Jyoti

• View Profile
From here:

*M:*  Their destiny is what happens. There is no thwarting of destiny. You mean to say everybody's life is totally determined at his birth? What a strange idea! Were it so, the power that determines would see to it that nobody should suffer.

So there seems a difference here in regard to the teachings about Karma.
Can someone explain this?

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Karma
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 02:25:15 PM »
Dear Jyoti,

It seems like difference,but I think that there is non. It is only the point on what exsactly Maharaj aimed at.

I understood that part,like,so long we believe we are doers,and with it try to interfere in natural and spontaneus flow,we are creators and sufferers of our own karma and destiny. Every moment it is created and recreated. I guess,the reason is,all is The Self only. In reality,there is no such thing like karma,coz there is no such thing like person.

Like,if there is an ordeiner,who decided all this,He would decide complete harmony. But,the thing is,karma is law of harmony and balance. In the end,like Maharaj said,it appears that all is spontaneus,and all is happening from moment to moment. That is nearest I could understand all this theory with the mind.

Maharaj,in later years dennied karma alltogether,coz He dennied the one who is creating it,the person.
This is the way I understood,but the best explanation of Maharaj about karma,for me is this:

"   *Question:* Is it destiny that ordains?
*Nisargadatta:* Calling it destiny explains little. When it happens you cannot say why it happens and you merely cover up your ignorance by calling it karma or grace, or God's will."

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:53:07 PM by Jewell »

Jyoti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 11:11:42 PM »
What happens when the Prarabdha karma of two persons collides?
Like, one person's karma is to jet a certain job - but another person also has the karma to get this job?

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 10:46:41 AM »
whosoever's prarabdha karma is stronger in getting the job will get the job :)

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 11:24:07 AM »
What happens when the Prarabdha karma of two persons collides?
Like, one person's karma is to jet a certain job - but another person also has the karma to get this job?

Jyothi-Ji

Why worry about the illogical wonders of Maha Maya ? Nowadays anything I stumble upon, I see the completely illogical wonders of Maha Maya. I was teaching Chemistry Periodic tables to a kid - and see the wonder. When 6 electrons rotate around a nucleus you get Carbon (the hardest substance on universe - Diamond is carbon). Add one electron more to rotate around and at 7 electrons you get Nitrogen - a gas lighter than even oxygen. What a magic is this?? In the midst of such magic, do you think you can ever understand or comprehend the workings of Maya? 6 electrons is diamond and 7 electrons is Nitrogen - IS IT??? What logic and magic is this??

The only wonder to me now is how come the truth is evading science for so long? Science texts are the best Vedanta books (to bring you closer to truth) - if you see them in proper light as above described.

Sanjay.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 11:48:31 AM by sanjaya_ganesh »
Salutations to Bhagawan