Author Topic: Self-surrender and its meaning as revealed by Maha Guru Bhagwan Sri Ramana  (Read 69358 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Quote from Sri Subramaina Sir:
“In surrender, the devotee keeps his ego and finally he leaves the ego also to totally surrender to Sri Bhagavan. Whereas in
Self Inquiry, the ego/mind is first jettisoned, and the mind becomes curled up in the Self. Sri Bhagavan says that both are
like two sides of the same coin and both are equally difficult.”

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

Ji, yes, thanks very much, sir. Both are two sides of the same coin and both are equally difficult, or, I should say, equally easy, depending on the inclination and maturity of the devotees.

Dear sir, it is true that in the Enquiry ‘Who am I?’, the ego-mind is jettisoned first and the Pure Mind becomes curled up in the Self and IS One with the Self, or with That Which Is. Nevertheless, Sri Bhagwan has taught that in the Enquiry ‘Who am I?’, ‘I’ is the ego, for the question really means , what is the Source of the ego?
However, it is a different matter that the moment the ego tries to know itself, it begins to change its character; it begins to partake less and less of the insentience(jada) in which it is absorbed, and more and more of the Consciousness of the Self. Thus, if one perseveres for adequately long period, the mind becomes extremely pure on account of removal of its defects, practice becomes easier and even involuntary, and the purified mind will plunge into the Heart as soon as the Enquiry is commenced and the ego’s phenomenal existence is thus transcended.

Dear sir, I wish to elaborate here that although the ego is described as having three bodies, the gross, subtle and the causal, for the purpose of analytical exposition, the method of the Enquiry should never depend on the ego’s form. Sri Bhagwan has taught that if the method of the Enquiry is to depend on the ego’s form, it will never succeed. Why?  BECAUSE  THE   FORMS  THAT  THE  EGO  MAY  ASSUME  ARE  LEGION!   

Pranam,
  Anil   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
The visitor said, “I have surrendered my body and heart and mind to you, how can I improve myself?
Sri Bhagwan kept quiet, but when the visitor left He said, “Everyone says he has surrendered everything to Me and walks out, thinking that his business is over and that the entire burden is now on Me. I am not so easily deluded by mere words.”

Pranam,
  Anil

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir, from when is the Deepam Ceremony going to be celebrated  in Tiruvannamalai and on which Day will the Deepam be lit on the Peak of Sri Arunachala? I am certain that you must be knowing, and therefore I request you to kindly post the date. Thanks very much, sir. Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear Anil,

Karthigai Festival starts on 8th November 2013, and it is a Friday.  The Mahadeepam will be lit on 17th November, evening
which is a Sunday

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

Ji. Yes. Thanks very much, sir. I wished to know the exact date of the Deepam Ceremony in Tiruvannamalai this year because I am planning my tour to South India including a visit to Sri Ramanasramam sometime in December.

Pranam,
  Anil

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Dear Devotees,

True Surrender is Love of God for the sake of Love and for nothing else whatever, not even for the sake of liberation.

Sri Bhagwan has taught that the talk of love involves duality. Does it not –the person who loves and the Entity called God who is loved? Self is God. The individual is not separate from God. Nothing is apart from the Self and therefore there is nothing really apart from the  individual. Hence, truly, Love everywhere and in all circumstances means that one has Love towards one’s own Self. Truth of Love is of the Nature of the Self and unless and until we know that Love experientially, the strong entangled knot of life cannot be untied.  FOR  THE  EXPEREINCE  OF  SELF  IS  ONLY  LOVE. Then Love alone remains.  Such a One sees, hears, feels, tastes and smells only love everywhere and in all circumstances. Has not the great Sage Sri Kabir also sung that one who has read the two and half letters of ‘Prema’ (Love) alone is the Man of Wisdom?

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 01:53:33 PM by eranilkumarsinha »