Author Topic: Self enquiry during work days and at home in midst of family life  (Read 1221 times)

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Dear friends,
Many sadhaks have stressed importance of continous self enquiry .I would like to elicit broad  responses from members as to how they used to(if retired) /are practicing self enquiry in the work place during working hours and
in the midst of family life both during evenings of work days and during weekends.
I hope this feedback to be of use for me and hopefully for other sadhaks as well.
Thanks and regards,
Anand Sundaram.
Sundaram Anand

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Self enquiry during work days and at home in midst of family life
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 07:26:23 PM »

Dear Anand,

I can only give you an example as to what Sri Bhagavan said when Annamalai asked:  "How to do self inquiry in the midst of
work?"  Sri Bhagavan did not reply immediately.  A few minutes later, some young girls came to the Hall and sang and danced,
where the song means the following:  'Let us churn the crowd without forgetting Krishna, let us churn the crowd without
forgetting Krishna...'     Sri Bhagavan  looked at Annamalai Swami and said: See this song contains answer for you!

Arunachala Siva.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 09:44:35 PM »
Anand,
Interest and zeal are the key to Sadhana.It cannot be done as an 'exercise' or matter of 'Effort'.
Does the Lover make an effort to remember his Beloved?No.Irrespective of what one may be engaged in,the core of one's mind should be steeped in God or Self.
This can be done by diving deep ,even if for a few seconds if not a minute.When our mind dives deep,it experiences Peace and Love ; just like when one sports a perfume and the sweet smell lingers even if one sweats it out in hot sun and dust and din,similiarly the under current of Meditation continues as smarana amidst our day to day activities.
Essentially it is the quality and not quantity of effort that is the key.
Namaskar.

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 10:01:17 PM »
self inquiry is about asking yourself the hard questions and answering truthfully
and in this way you peel back the layers of the onion
it is not about what others do
find the enquirer
 :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it