Author Topic: Self Realization in this lifetime  (Read 1684 times)

OmNamahShivaya

• View Profile
Self Realization in this lifetime
« on: July 31, 2013, 06:36:31 AM »
Namaste,

Can a non renunciate really attain Self- Realization in this life according to the teachings of Ramana? Are there any prerequisites? I have been reading a lot of Ramana's teachings which seems to suggest Self realization can be possible, but isn't this only for very ripe students?

Thanks

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Self Realization in this lifetime
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 09:29:23 AM »
Sri Om Namasivaya,

A non renunciate with ardent sadhana can definitely attain Self Realization in this life time.  Sri Bhagavan has assured this.

Arunachala Siva,.   

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 08:39:22 PM »
Subramanian Sir and others,
In a related vein,I want to ask that suppose someone while being familiar with self enquiry has barely practised it  ,will he in his next life remember Bhagavan and continue self enquiry from where he left off.
Thanks ,Anand
Sundaram Anand

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 08:56:01 PM »
Subramanian Sir and others,
In a related vein,I want to ask that suppose someone while being familiar with self enquiry has barely practised it  ,will he in his next life remember Bhagavan and continue self enquiry from where he left off.
Thanks ,Anand

Dear Anand

Very very important question and a beautiful question. Even I have been thinking of this very same thing for past one month.  I like you very much to share this same thought.

Two things,  i) will we remember Bhagvan in next life ,  for all our photo memory and book memory is with brain ?

ii) next is,  will we be able to again grasp self enquiry in same pace ,  like this life and continue that?

What I feel is,  if i) happens,  then chances of ii) happening is very much possible .

So what is the absolute answer?  Depends on many factors.

i) The vitality and the high degree of concentration and love with which we think of Ramana Maharshi in this life is a major factor.  The more adamant and vital and more intense we are,  the more the connection in next birth.

ii)Where is our next birth -- earthly plane or even more elevated planes like that of tapo lokha or satya lokha (like venkata sastri Ramana's devotee and like Palani Swamy bhagavan ramana's devotee) --  if birth is in another planes,  chances are we are going to almost forget the particular form of Self,  viz. Ramana Bhagavan. 

iii)Low graded births either in some Arab country or in some patala lokha among yakshas or rakshas --  chance are we are going to forget Bhagvan Ramana.

iv)There is one final inexplicable judgement solely controlled by Lord of Universe -- Vishweshwara and Sarveshwara --  Lord Arunachaleshwara.  This will finally supercede above points and this can bestow upon us remembrance of exact form of Bhagavan Ramana and Self Enquiry.   So I would say,  let us both start praying to the Arunachala hill for this from now onwards.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 11:05:45 AM »
Dear Anand,

There is something called Vitta KuRai (the deficiency of having left) and thotta kuRai (the deficiency of having just touched
and not pursued further) in Tamizh.  In the case of vitta kurai, one is sure to pursue the same line of spiritual pursuit in
his next life.  Suppose it is Sri Bhagavan and and His teachings, we shall pursue the same in our next birth, from where we had left.
If it is thotta kuRai, we will remember that spiritual pursuit but we have to continue from the beginning,

Arunachala Siva. 

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 07:16:34 PM »
D.: Is it then not indispensable? Can a married man realise the Self?

M.: Certainly, it is a matter of fitness of mind. Married or unmarried,
a man can realise the Self, because that is here and now. If it were
not so, but attainable by some efforts at some other time, and if it
were new and something to be acquired, it would not be worthy of
pursuit. Because what is not natural cannot be permanent

प्राप्य पुण्यकृतां लोकानुषित्वा शाश्वतीः समाः ।
शुचीनां श्रीमतां गेहे योगभ्रष्टोऽभिजायते ॥6.41

prāpya puṇyakṛtāṁ lokānuṣitvā śāśvatīḥ samāḥ,
śucīnāṁ śrīmatāṁ gehe yogabhraṣṭo'bhijāyate.

Having attained to the world of the righteous and having dwelt there for immemorial years, he who fell from Yoga is again born in the house of such as are pure and glorious.

अथवा योगिनामेव कुले भवति धीमताम् ।
एतद्धि दुर्लभतरं लोके जन्म यदीदृशम् ॥6.42

athavā yogināmeva kule bhavati dhīmatām,
etaddhi durlabhataraṁ loke janma yadīdṛśam.

Or he may be born in the family of the wise Yogin; indeed such a birth is rare to obtain in this world.

तत्र तं बुद्धिसंयोगं लभते पौर्वदेहिकम् ।
यतते च ततो भूयः संसिद्धौ कुरुनन्दन ॥6.43

tatra taṁ buddhisaṁyogaṁ labhate paurvadehikam,
yatate ca tato bhūyaḥ saṁsiddhau kurunandana.

There he recovers the mental state of union (with the Divine) which he had formed in his previous life: and with this he again endeavours for perfection, O joy of the Kurus.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 03:17:22 AM »
this realization is already here , you have simply to stop believing it is not .
show me how many times you've believed you are you ... and i will show you how many times you've been reincarnated .
 :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

Hillablaze

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 05:53:14 PM »
OM NAMO BHAGAVATE SRI RAMANAYA

Dear Om NamahShivaya,
Bhagavan had affirmed many times that Self Realization is possible in this life time. How do you know you are not ripe? The thought "It is impossible.....,not in my life time...etc...." this is the greatest obstacle and obstruction. Just practise all your life, without entertaining any thought of success or failure, surrendering everything to Bhagavan.
_/\_

Obeisance to Bhagavan Sri Ramana