Author Topic: Sri Ramana Darshan - Guru Poornima - 22.07.2013.  (Read 4031 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Sri Ramana Darshan - Guru Poornima - 22.07.2013.
« on: July 25, 2013, 06:57:08 AM »

I and my wife had been to T'malai for 3 days from 22nd July, the Guru Poornima Day.  We reached at about 10.30 am.
We were asked to have darshan of Sri Ramaneswara Mahalingam and attend to the parayana (which was in the morning
itself) and then come back after lunch for allotment of the guest room.  Accordingly we first went to Mother's Temple,
had a quick darshan of Sri Matrubhuteswarar and Yogamba, went round once and then moved to Samadhi Hall. We had
a good darshan of Sri Ramaneswara Mahalingam and heard part of the parayana of Sri Arunachala Stuti Panchakam.
At about 11.00 am, there was arti.  The Lingam was adorned with a kavacham full of jasmine flowers, specially decorated
for the day.  After touching the arti and placing our palm on our eyes, we took Vibhuti and kumkum.  The lunch at 11.30 am
was quite special with payasam etc., We could meet Brahmasri Nochur Venkataraman and also Lucy Ma's daughter in the
crowd.  We could not meet any other known persons.  About 200 people took lunch on that morning.

To have darshan of  our beloved guru on the Guru Poornima Day, gave us immense satisfaction. After lunch, we came to
the office and collected key for Room No. K.31 of Korangu Thottam.  Since there are now arrangements of geyser and also
24 hours power supply, there we did not feel the dull heat of T'malai at all. After some nap, we came back to the Asramam
and were sitting facing Sri Bhagavan in the Samadhi Hall.  There were no reading of Ribhu Gita or Book Reading or Evening
Parayana.  I did about 6 pradakshinas of the Samadhi Hall and sat in front of Sri Bhagavan, giving Him our thanks for
making us to have darshan of Him on that important day. 

In evening of course, there was tea/milk at 4.00 pm. and dinner at 7.30 pm.  The crowd was also heavy in the evening.\

At about 7.00 pm, there was heavy showers for about 15 minutes, making the town cool. 

On the morning of 23rd, we had attended the milk puja and after breakfast, we went for giri pradakshina in the car,
partly walking and partly covering the distance by car.  We had darshan of about 4 Lingams in the giri valam route.
That day was H.C. Khanna's Liberation Day and there were puja and chanting of Stuti Panchakam near Khanna's tomb
in Korangu Thottam.  But we missed it since we had gone for giri pradakshina. On 23rd, there was Ribhu Gita Parayana
at 3.00 pm. in Mother's Temple (ch. 6 and 7) and Book Reading, (Maharshi AruN Mozhi by Brunton in Tamizh and Sadhu's
Reminiscences of Major Chadwick in English.  In the evening there was parayana of Upadesa Undiyar and Ulladu Narpadu.
After dinner at 7.30 pm and we adjourned for the day.

On the morning of 24th crowd was less. There was milk puja and breakfast. After going round Samadhi of Bhagavan,
we took our lunch at 11.30 am and came back to the room. We took some rest and then packed up for return to
Bangalore. We started at 2.00 pm.  The roads were bad since there was construction of 4 lane path and one has to
take many diversions and on the way to Bangalore. We reached Bangalore at about 7.30 pm.

Sri Ramanarpanamastu.

Arunachala Siva.                       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Sri Ramana Darshan - Guru Poornima - 22.07.2013.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 09:09:53 AM »
One or two things I forgot to mention in my previous post. 

1. Kumbabhishekam work is progressing in a fast manner. Chiseling, replastering etc., are going on in speedy manner.

2. For the above purpose, they have temporarily removed all the large photos of Sri Bhagavan from the Samadhi Hall
    and have kept them, in Mother's Temple.

3. For the same reason, the book reading, Ribhu Gita reading, are taking place in Mother's
Temple.  Parayana alone is done in the Samadhi Hall.

4. The work is done also in the guest rooms by giving fresh painting.

5.  The timings of morning pujas for Mother and Sri Ramaneswara Maha Lingam have been altered a bit.

Arunachala Siva.     

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »
Dear Subramanian garu,

Glad to know that you attened ramana-ashramam on auspicious day and thanks a lot sir for describing your experiences.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 04:11:28 PM »
Dear Subramanian sir

Very nice to know your visit to Ramanasramam and you met sri nochur ji also.  I did not see him till date.
I am thinking of going to Kumbabishekam 23rd,24th,25th august 2013.from pondicherry.
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 04:24:17 PM »
Dear Subramanian Sir,

The way you have written it, it feels like we were there for the celebrations. Thank you.

You must go on girivalam on foot one day. Just ask for grace and walk. All knee problems and other health problems will go flying out the body as you walk.

I love the koorungu thotam.  One day, I went to the Hanuman Temple on the Girivalam path and was surprised to be present when they feed the crows with a large vessel full of hot rice in the courtyard. I had never seen such a ceremony before. Ofcourse, there was one rascal crow that actually came into the temple and helped himself to a mouthful of rice, smiled at us and hopped out.  When I returned to the koorunga thotam, the monkeys seemed agitated to me until I decided to be brave and walk through it to the temple. As I was near the temple, a baby monkey, not more than a few days old, jumped from the wall down to my feet. I realised then that the monkeys intuitively knew that I had darshan of Lord Hanuman and were excited. That is why one of them fell at my feet while others watched.

Child of Arunachala
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:24:57 AM by Child of Arunachala »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 11:38:29 AM »
Subramaniam Sir

Happy to note that you visited Sri RamanaAashram on auspicious day of Guru Poornima and had a nice darshan and stay there .
Has the evening  Tamil parayana time changed ?  Whats is the time for Tamil Parayana these days ?
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 01:34:55 PM »
Dear atmavichar100,

Thanks for your post.  The evening Tamizh parayana has been changed only on that Guru Poornima Day and being
Monday, the usual Sri Arunachala Stuti Panchakam was chanted in the morning, while abishekam was being done.

As otherwise, there is no change in the evening Tamizh Parayana for every day.  For example, today being Friday,
they will sing Atma Bodham, Sri Dakshinamurti Stotram, Guru Stuti and Hastamalakam - as rendered in Tamizh poems
by Sri Bhagavan.

Arunachala Siva.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 04:04:48 PM »
Subramaniam Sir

Thanks for the info but I wanted to know the timing of evening Tamil Parayana i.e is it still from 6.45p.m - 7.30 p.m? or earlier ?
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 04:29:35 PM »
Dear atmavichar100

The timing is from 6.30 pm. to 7.10 pm.  The queue for night meal begins at 7.15 pm., the bell rings at 7.25 pm and the
people eat their dinner from 7.30 pm.

Arunachaa Siva.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 05:27:51 AM »
Dear Subramanian,

Good to know that you have been to Arunachalam & had the blessings of our almighty. Reading your post has certainly refreshed my memories & its been long time i have not been to Arunachalam & hope I get the call soon from the almighty Arunachaleshwara!

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!   

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 01:51:17 PM »
Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

I am so happy to know that You have visited our home,and had a wonderful time there.

Thank You for sharing everything in detail with us!

With love and prayers,