Author Topic: Sri Arunachala Venba - Sri Sadhu Om:- April - June 2008:  (Read 9163 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Sri Arunachala Venba - Sri Sadhu Om:- April - June 2008:
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 01:25:50 PM »

continues....

59.  All types of secular knowledge of worldly sciences are useful only for the protection of the gross body made up of
inert matter and the subtle body which is the mind and hence inferior (apara vidya);  whereas, Arunachala bestows the
superior knowledge of the Self (para vidya) which alone grants Liberation and hence shines as the Chief of all the celestial
gods.

60. 'Rest assured that you will never get even an iota of happiness from the objects of the world as they are non-Self
only (anniya vastu); all happiness and peace inheres in the Self alone by abiding as the ever pure Self' -- thus exhorting
the seeker, Arunachala pulls his mind inward and destroys the darkness of the blinding infatuation with sense pleasure
pursuits.  Arunachala is thus the dazzling sun of Self Knowledge, rising in the bosom drenched in utter desirelessness.

61.  A Jnani alone enjoys limitless bliss as he has irreversibly extinguished the raging fire of desire (for the pleasures of the
five senses); all pleasures of the earth right up to Brahmaloka (the highest celestial sphere) enjoyed by their respective denizens
are mere droplets scattered from the oceanic bliss experienced by the Jnani.  (See Manisha Panchakam Verse 5 of Sri
Sankaracharya).  Arunachala is not a petty god meant to bestow such unworthy pleasures of the celestial planes.  Arunachala
has manifested here as this holy Hill only for the purpose of bestowing the supreme state of Siva-hood, that is enjoyed by the
Jnani as the boundless bliss of Liberation.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.             

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 10:30:31 AM »

continues.....

62.  Those who repair to the Holy feet of Bhagavan Ramana with the unflinching conviction that Ramana Sadguru is their
ultimate refuge may yet commit thousands of blunders until mano nasa is attained (which is nothing but ahankara nasa,
that is falsification of the ego and not destruction of the functional mind).  Arunachala forgives these countless falls and
does not fail to protect the devotees by showering Its cool Grace, until sadhana culminates in Liberation.

63.  Arunachala puts an end to all the habitual extroversion of the mind by eliminating its impure vasanas and makes it
turn inward by the habit of Self attention and eventually sinks it in the ocean of the Heart, where It ever shines as the
imperishable 'I', 'I' Consciousness, ceasing to be an external object apart from the Self.

64.  This entire creation is made up of five elements (sky, air etc.,) and is projected by the Self by the power of Maya and
is therefore truly non existent as it has no independent existence. The deluded mind sees not the 'Self but perceives only
the illusory universe (mithya prapancha) and considers itself as the witnessing seer.  But in truth both the jiva and the jagat
are only an appearance (pictures) on the (canvas of the ) limitless Self.  Both witnessing Consciousness and the witnessed
word are aspects of the same Self and thus the seer seen (subject-object) division is unreal.  Truly Arunachala is witnessing
Itself in the form of creation as It is One without a second.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.             

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 01:47:39 PM »

continues....

65. When devotees go round Arunachala, (pradakshina) with a wish to see Lord Siva wearing the crescent moon, it is by
the Grace of Arunachala that the moon comes over the summit of the Hill by nightfall and offers them a breathtaking sight
of beauteous nature bathed in divine glory.

66.  Oh, dear mind!  Be assured that Arunachala's Grace is ever upon you.  By Its working, you will gain the recognition of
your true nature (svarupa Jnana) and thus attain immortality.  On your part, you need dwell on Arunachala at least for a while,
with sincere desire for blissful peace that manifests when all the vasanas are completely extinguished  in the bosom.

67. In order that I may not continue to be immersed in the ocean of karma in an unending cycle of births and toil in futility,
Arunachala has pulled me out of samsara by calling me out in this birth and holding me in His tight embrace, brought me here
to His physical proximity and settled me livelihood free from anxiety.  Enabling me thus to constantly remember Him, Arunachala
has verily given me a life of Self-abidance.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 11:19:58 AM »
continues.....

68. When seekers melt in longing prayer and wonder if there is a deity which is full of compassion and forgiveness which
can redeem them however hopelessly messed up one's life could be, then Arunachala beckons them to His fold, out of
causeless compassion (avyaja karuna) and shines as the presiding Lord in this holy town of Arunachalam.

69.  Out of pity for jivas, roasted in the fire of manifold desires, like worms scorched under mid day sun, Arunachala redeems
them and brings them over to the cool shade of the Heart.  Further Arunachala prevents all their evil deeds from bearing
fruits as relentless suffering.

70.  Impleled by impure vasanas, the mind normally wanders out in extroverted activities and suffers misery.  To pull it back
inward, Arunachala confers upon the devotee the company of satsangh of saintly souls and mahatmas which ripens the mind
with dispassion (vairagya); Arunachala holds me in a tight embrace of Grace, never ever letting me slip away by design or
chance.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 02:37:59 PM »

continues....

71.  Arunachala takes care of the welfare (yogakshema) of His devotees who constantly chant the holy Panchakshari -
Arunachala Siva as the Name that sweetens their tongues in melting devotion. Arunachala indeed burns away the ropes
of Yama so that the devotee attains immortal bliss.

72.  Those ripe souls, who devoutly wish to attain kaivalya sthithi (seeing the entire creation as the Self) as surely and
clearly as a gooseberry fruit in one's palm, and seek a divine kshetra (mokshapuri) as a place of residence for their tapas
(spiritual practice), will find Arunachala as the most conducive place for their purpose.  Besides such seekers, it is in Arunachala
that even Jnanis and siddha purushas flourish  and thrive in abundance!

73.  Arunachala is the treasure of spiritual wealth which eradicates the egoistic disease of poverty that id dehabhimana ( I am
the body consciousness) once for all.  Arunachala is itself the self inquiry, the spiritual means (jnana sadhana) for attaining
this wealth.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 10:28:35 AM »

continues.....

74. Arunachala is the divine Mother whose loving glance arrests  all the extroverted tendencies of the mind (which is
the source of all misery) and traps it in the tight embrace of Self attention, thus ripening the soul.  Arunachala is also
the heavenly Father who eventually gives the eternal life of Jnana in Sahaja Nishta to such a ripened seeker.

75.  Arunachala manifested as the compassionate Ramana Sadhguru to discipline my mind and the senses, as I would
have otherwise wandered aimlessly in the maze of samsara forest like a lamb without a shepherd.  Arunachala eve remains
with me as the Holy Name protecting me in every way. Arunachala is also my ultimate abode of spiritual wisdom in the form
of Guru Ramana.

76.  Guru Ramana is the mighty king whose supreme spiritual prowess and skill, the endless heap of vasnas, accruing from all
the past karmas, is burnt to ashes effortlessly. Arunachala Hill is indeed the column of Siva symbolizing the fire of Knowledge.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 06:18:44 AM »

continues...

77. In order to scorch all the vasanas that propel the mind towards enjoyment of worldly pleasures and enable it to revel
in the bliss of Self Awareness, Arunachala sparkles as the 'I-I' Consciousness (aham sphurana) in the hearts of the devotees,
drawing their attention to the Self.  Arunachala indeed carries all their worldly burdens and cares too.

78.  The Lord of Death, Yama, takes stock of all the karmic account of dying mortals in order to dispatch them to appropriate
spheres (varieties of heavens and hells) as reward or punishment.  However, when it comes to the devotees of Arunachala
in their dying moments, Arunachala appears with a thundering roar in front of Yama, and interceding on their behalf, makes
him include such devotees in the special account of His Grace, thus saving them from all potential ordeals.  Again it is
Arunachala who quells the power of karma from pouncing upon His devotees.

79.  When devotees groan in great anguish and cry, 'Oh Lord Arunachala! Will you not come to and help me?  I am utterly
incapable of eliminating all the terrible impurities of my mind by myself; I cannot fight them anymore as I am overwhelmed by
my repeated failures and am crushed by the fatigue of my exertions', then  Arunachala never fails to take over their life and
save them from samsara.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 01:33:18 PM »

continues....

80.  Even in all the fourteen worlds, there cannot be a compassionate or competent Guru comparable to Sri Bhagavan
Ramana, who has taken over my life and soul, for He is none other than Arunachala in human garb.  Verily, the ever-
blazing fire of Self Knowledge, is Arunachala.

81.  When Brahma soared into high heavens in the form of a swan to reach the top end of Arunachala, appearing as a column
of fire, Arunachala went on growing as the endless column of fire, to vanquish the pride of Brahma, until he was crestfallen
with defeat and forced to turn inward to have the true vision of the Lord, Arunachala alone is the worthy goal of ultimate
attainment for all sincere seekers and true devotees.

82. For all those good souls who have the faith in the existence of a Supreme Reality, (Vastu), it is Arunachala who manifests
before their eyes in the form of Sadguru in whom they blissfully see (experience) that Reality. It is Arunachala that grants them
refuge from all the afflictions of worldly life.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2013, 09:40:18 AM »

continues....

83. Without eradicating the ego which is utterly unworthy of associating with, seekers  often resort to endless efforts
to conquer the senses which prove futile.  Arunachala helps His devotees to bypass all these secondary sadhanas (of
going round in circles) and focus only on the destruction of the chief culprit samsara, namely the ego (kartrtvam).
Conquest of ego automatically ensures victory in all other lesser battles with senses and therefore the only meaningful
conquest, as it is the 'mother of all battles'.

84.  Arunachala is the supreme vastu (Reality) which Sadguru Ramana ever points out in His supreme silence and by
His very presence, after locking the clamoring restlessness of our mind and senses, and by revealing the ever present
'I-I' Consciousness as Aham sphurana in our hearts.  The showering grace of Guru Ramana is Arunachala in manifest
form.

85.  The holy name 'Arunachala' is the loud instruction proclaimed by Sri Ramana Sadguru with the sankalpa (will or
intention) that His devotees should attain by invoking the Lord' Name the highest blessedness through extinction of
all desires in the flame of Vichara.  Arunachala is indeed the king ruling over the mighty trinity of deities Brahma,
Vishnu and Rudra (in charge of creation, sustenance and dissolution respectively).

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2013, 11:26:06 AM »

continues....

86. Whenever I need to perform well through my triple instruments of body, mind and speech, at whatever place,
and whichever appropriate time in and through all my worldly (vyavaharika) transactions is all carried out by
Arunachala by His abundant Grace. He is verily my loving Father.

87.  Arunachala is the Holy Mantra emanating from the lotus countenance of Sadguru Ramana, who came with the lustre
of hundred rising suns effulgent in true Self Knowledge. Arunachala is verily the supreme Knowledge of the Self. 

88.  When my power of austerity (tapa virya) diminishes due to pramada (forgetfulness, lapse in Self-attention) induced
by tamoguna.  Arunachala induces a fresh courage and impetus in my heart through the whiplash of teaching of Sadguru
Ramana who is the lion of Vedanta exuding the power of Lord Siva with the highest dictum - 'You are verily That Brahman'.
Arunachala is the golden treasure revealed to me by Guru Ramana.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013, 11:30:15 AM »
continues...

89.  It is a wonder if a seeker does not understand in a trice what this 'love of Self' or 'Self Inquiry' means, as championed
by Sri Ramana.  But then it is Arunachala who has kept it as a mystery.  My svadharma (foremost duty) is the quest of the
Self, and as Arunachala is the Self, Arunachala is my svadharma.

90.  Arunachala stands before me, so that I may lose myself in His worship.  Arunachala waits for me there to dissolve myself
in tears of love.  What is Arunachala but the true meaning of pure devotion which makes me Siva the Self, by cleansing me in\
those tears of love!

91. Arunachala is attained here for my eyes to behold !
To be bound in true love, here is Arunachala!
Lo ! The turbulent senses are subdued and quietened in awe of
Arunachala!  Wonder indeed that is Arunachala !
To me Arunachala is verily the Divine Father commanding all my love !

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 01:14:31 PM »

continues...

92.  The God that I saw is Arunachala!
       The one who came as Guru Ramana is Arunachala!
       Wicked though I am, my very first thought was Arunachala!
       All these that happens by His Grace is Arunachala !

93.  Arunachala alone is worth remembering !
       Arunachala is the nectar in my Heart which I drink !
       Arunachala kindles Self Inquiry in those who drink such nectar
       By ending their thoughts !
       Arunachala is the Mother who graciously bestows
       Self Knowledge to those who pursue Self Inquiry !

94.  Arunachala is the One I adore and praise!
       Arunachala is the nectarine sweetness that fills my being.
       When I chant "Arunachala" !
       Arunachala is mukti, the liberation that is the real treasure !
       Arunachala is the great power of Guru Ramana's Silence!

contd.,

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2013, 01:27:27 PM »

continues....

95.  What is manifest before me is Arunachala !
       What makes me the Unmanifest Reality
       Pervade me as Bliss is Arunachala !
       What reins in my body, mind and speech is Arunachala!
       My hunger and thirst insatiable is for Arunachala !

96.  Arunachala is all that I care for in mundane life.
       Arunachala is all the joyous essence of my daily life.
       Arunachala is the lustrous face of Guru Ramana.
       Arunachala is the very heart of egoless devotees.

97.  The primordial Reality is Arunachala
       The inner light of Atman, shining as 'I-I' is Arunachala.
       Siva whose head and feet could not be seen
       By vain disputants Brahma and Vishnu is Arunachala.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2013, 10:41:23 AM »

continues....

98.  Arunachala is the form assumed by the formless Supreme.
       Arunachala is the formless state in which all forms of creation
       Dissolve in the end.
       Arunachala is the one who came as Guru Ramana !
       Arunachala is everything to the 'Self - Realized !

99.  It is Arunachala who bears with all the failings
       In my egoistic life caused by my body, mind and speech,
       As I failed to abide in the silence of Self Knowledge
       That Guru's Grace can bestow.
       It is Arunachala who will ultimately root out my ego.

100. Praise be unto the golden form of Arunachala !
        Praise be unto the lotus feet of Guru Ramana !
        Praise be unto those devotees who have surrendered to
        Arunachala Ramana Sadguru !
        Praise be unto the holy name Arunachala Siva !

concluded.

Arunachala Siva.         

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2013, 06:25:14 PM »
Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

How wonderful words,how beautiful!

Thank You so much for sharing this!

With love and prayers,