Author Topic: Robert Adams Quotes and teachings  (Read 539 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: Robert Adams Quotes and teachings
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2019, 03:18:09 PM »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2019, 10:17:48 AM »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2019, 04:34:14 PM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 11:14:40 AM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2019, 11:16:28 AM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2019, 02:47:13 PM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2019, 02:50:23 PM »

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2019, 06:03:38 AM »

Never forget that within you is a great magnificence.
An unchanging,all-pervading,
Omniscient supreme love,divine perfection.

A boundless compassion that is stronger
than anything in this world.
Than anything that will ever happen to you,
or has ever happened to you.

Find this eternal,unchanging love.
Take refuge in this,the Supreme,God.
For here you will find your true self.
And you will rise above this world.

Robert Adams

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2019, 09:39:58 AM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2019, 09:47:03 AM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2019, 02:57:11 PM »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2019, 09:18:28 AM »

Robert Adams Transcripts:

S: So it isn't important then, even now to do meditation?

R: It's important for some people. Again if you can make your mind quiet then it's unnecessary, but all the spiritual discipline you are referring to, are only to quiet the mind. When the mind is quiet, everything happens by itself. When the mind is noisy the world becomes real and terrible for you. Therefore mantras quiet the mind. Meditation quiets the mind, everything leads to quietening the mind.

S: Watching your breath?

R: To quiet the mind.

S: So you don't need any fixed thing or fixed time or power of the mind to do all that?

R: Yet there are some people who do need that kind of discipline because that's the way they are in this life.

S: How would you know?

R: It's all karmic. Your heart will tell you, what feels good, what feels right.

S: On the way out here today on the freeway today, I did that, to whom does this state was ... or whatever and I did this on the way out here and I was just real calm. Even if I thought of like rushing, who did this idea of time come? You know, I mean the mind was going the whole time asking those questions... (R: Umm.) ...yet even though it was, I didn't feel rattled or ruffled because I didn't get identified with any of the things that came up.

R: It's a great psychoRtherapy.

S: Is that all it is though is it?

R: No, it's the highest form...

S: It is self inquiry more or less.

S: I mean it kept coming but in between there was some quiet because I mean as soon as something would come up, the question would be there to cancel out any dadadada, you know, imaginings that go with it, once you start thinking about, time in the traffic and... you know how the mind goes, so it just stopped. And another thing that it did was, it may be totally unrelated but every time I did that I could see that there was some kind of ... I don't know.

R: As you keep that momentum up you'll be surprised at what happens.

S: Well I thought yeah, if you could do this all the time... (R: Yes.) ...everything would dissolve.

R: You have to catch yourself. Whatever thoughts come to you, you simply ask yourself, "To whom do these thoughts come?"