Author Topic: Madhava Swami  (Read 2098 times)

Jyoti

• View Profile
Madhava Swami
« on: June 21, 2013, 04:46:24 AM »
I currently read Living by the words of Bhagavan which is a biography of Annamalai Swami.
There is some information about Madhava Swami and I was shocked to read that this man had been a misogynist and committed suicide.
What was the matter with him?

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
Re: Madhava Swami
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 06:39:43 AM »
Human Gospel has his full details on his visits and talks with Bhagawan and details further - http://www.thewizardllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/The-Human-Gospel-Sharing-Western-Version2.pdf

Sanjay.
Salutations to Bhagawan

Jyoti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 10:41:36 AM »
Human Gospel has his full details on his visits and talks with Bhagawan and details further - http://www.thewizardllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/The-Human-Gospel-Sharing-Western-Version2.pdf

Sanjay.
Thank you very much for the link.
This text contains information about Swami Madhava Tirtha, but I was asking about Madhava Swami who was one of Bhagavan's assistants and later presumably reincarnated as a white peacock.

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 09:43:05 PM »
"reincarnation is for the ignorant"  ... maharishi mahesh yogi
lol
 :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 07:28:01 PM »
I currently read Living by the words of Bhagavan which is a biography of Annamalai Swami.
There is some information about Madhava Swami and I was shocked to read that this man had been a misogynist and committed suicide.
What was the matter with him?

Jyoti,

Madhava swami is an excellent devotee.  a typical example of how sadhana and jnana are very serious &  that one should go through this purification process where mental outbursts can very much happen

if someone say there sadhana was all along smooth,  there is some problem in his sadhana --  because it cannot be that case

or one can assume that person underwent all troubles and outbursts and metnal suffering during sadhana in previous lives

madhava swami served Maharishee Ramana for 12 years,  anyone serving a jnani for 12 years attains mumukshutva mostly

he died in kumbakonam after heavy mental suffering

all the time bhagavan knew his complete history and past lives  he was re-born as a peacock also

nothing was wrong with him

he was just a serious sadhaka who roughly progressed by associating with Bhagavan Ramana

Madhava Swami deserves all our respect......one of the nice characters in Ramana Avatara

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 07:37:15 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

Welcome back a break.  Madhavaswmi was a great soul.  But Bhagavan never confirmed that he was only born as a white
peacock,  Since others said so, He used to call the peacock as Madhava, Madhava.  That is all.  The peacock used to peck
at the books in the book shelf.  Madhavaswami used to arrange the books in the shelf.  Seeing this, the devotees said that
Madhavaswmi was born as a white peacock.  But I repeat, Sri Bhagavan never confirmed it.

Arunachala Siva.     

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 07:53:34 PM »
That is true,  when it comes to Bhagavan the course of certificate issue was almost never done only in the case of cow Lakshmi 's mukthi and Mother azhagamma's mukthi it was done .

Whatever be,  this man Madhava Swami is very important character.  We all tend to overlook this period of mental turmoil.

But every sadhaka almost always go through this before final liberation.

in this phase,  which may happen in two or three lives,  all bad things are vomitted out in this manner.

Finally in the last life,  when he meets a jnani or a women jnani, it appears he gets it easily like camphor, but the nature of Maha Maya was not easily visible to us.

Every yogi went through all these before final mukthi.

What I feel is,  even assuming he was not that peacock,  he got rid of many vasanas in that life of 12 years service to Bhagavan Ramana.

By now,  he must have either attained Sathya Lokha or by Maha Maya's will may be born somewhere as a further advanced yogi.

A day will come in his last life,  when he will embrace all men and women alike and pour his grace.

This is very similar to the different Bhavas of Devi.    One must make best use of,  when devi is silent and full of love, rather than to complain that the other terrible form was very harsh.