Author Topic: Ramanasramam Kumbhabhishekham scheduled for Aug 25, 2013  (Read 1352 times)

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
Ramanasramam Kumbhabhishekham scheduled for Aug 25, 2013
« on: June 03, 2013, 03:03:51 AM »
According to the latest Sarangati eNewsletter, a Kumbhabhisekam is scheduled at Sri Ramanasramam for Aug 25, 2013. The gopuram and vimanam repairs will take two months and then the kumbhabhisekam.

There is a beautiful picture of Arunachala from the ashram. Check it out.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 10:13:23 PM by Child of Arunachala »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Ramanasramam Kumbhabhishekham scheduled for Aug 25, 2013
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 09:12:25 AM »

Dear Child,

Yes. I also saw the information in Saranagati.  It is going to be a grand affair and for those who visit Arunachala at
that time, it will be a great feast to the eyes.  For others, I hope we can see the proceedings in webcam video.

Arunachala Siva. 

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 10:31:50 AM »
Dear Forum members

I could not read the latest Saranagathi newletter (june 2013) in the http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/.

After two years,I am going to Pondicherry for 8 weeks and thinking of staying at Thiruvannamalai for 10 days. By Bagawans grace, I will  attend the Kumbabishekam festival.

Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 03:31:05 PM »
Dear Subramaniam sir,

I am sure it is going to be a grand occasion. Will have to go the webcam way but will miss the prasadam. :-)

Dear Balaji,

The link from the website rarely works but try the link from the email. They usually work.  You are very blessed to be going for the Kumbhabhishekam. It is like Bhagavan has already drawn up a program for you.

Child of Arunachala
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:59:44 PM by Child of Arunachala »

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 04:34:00 PM »
Dear Sri Balaji,

How beautiful that You are going to Thiru! Have a wonderful and peaceful time with Bhagavan and Arunachala,and safe journey.

About newsletter,i am opening through mail notification too,like Child of Arunachala said. It is beautiful issue. If You are not subscribed,then subscribe to mail list,and that way newsletter always open.

Here is the link from the mail i got.
      http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/php/Saranagathi_eNewsletter_June_2013.php

With love and prayers,

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 04:39:54 PM »

Dear Balaji,

Since you are going to T'malai for Kumbabhishekam, please book your stay in advance either in hotels or in Asramam guest
houses.

You should be prepared to forego or have delayed lunch and supper and coffee/tea, since the crowd would be mind boggling.

Take care of all your belongings since in such crowded atmosphere, you may lose your possessions, since the pickpockets
will also be in large number during such festive days in T. malai.

Arunachala Siva.     

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 05:57:20 PM »
Thank you very much Mr Jewell, Mr child of Arunachala and Mr Subramanian Sir

As my uncle is doing a great service in Thiruvannamalai, I stay in my uncle's house whenever I visit Thiruvannamalai.
He feeds more than 100 sadhus daily (idly feeding). His wife is my mothers cousin .

This time i like to go to the top of Arunachala Hill,  Pachaiamman koil  and other important places at Thiruvannamalai. I wish to sit calmly at the old meditation hall of Ramanashramam for hours. This is my best place.

I will contact you surely Mr Subramanian sir.

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 06:07:00 PM »
Yes, beware of those pickpockets and scouts for other gurus and businesses.... All they do is watch you while you are immersed in the puja.

Can you imagine how busy Sundaram anna and Mani anna are going to be?  I wish there was a way to help the ashram even if we can't be there.

Child of Arunachala
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 10:16:35 PM by Child of Arunachala »

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 06:10:47 PM »
Announcement: Ramanasramam Kumbhabhishekam Scheduled for 25th August
Over the course of the next 8 weeks, repairs will be made to the gopuram and vimanam above the Matrubhuteswara and vimanam above Sri Bhagavan’s Samadhi in keeping with agamic requirements. The work headed up by Selvanatha Stapathi, grandson of Vaidyanatha Stapathi, (the chief architect of the Mother’s Shrine constructed from 1939- 1949), will begin with the Balalayam of the Mother’s Shrine in early June, followed by that of Bhagavan’s shrine. Kumbhabhishekam will be conducted by Senthilnatha Ghanapatigal commencing on the evening of the 23rd of August, 2013 with two days of yagasala pujas, and culminating in final rites on the morning of the 25th of August.

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 06:16:24 PM »
Dear Balaji,

Is your uncle's house near Athithi ashram where they feed sadhus idlis every day?  If so, you are very fortunate.  You must tell us more about him and his project. I believe he has had a lot of miracles happen in his life from doing this one thing.  I wrote about him in another thread, not knowing you were related to him.

http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=7160.msg46737#msg46737

Child of Arunachala (BTW I am a daughter child of Arunachala :-)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 11:32:19 PM by Child of Arunachala »

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 07:01:59 PM »
Dear Sri Balaji,

How beautiful to read about Your uncle,sir. It is indeed,a very rare blessing to be able to be in touch with Bhagavan and Arunachala,with everything which takes place around Ramanashram and our Beautiful Hill,our Father and Sadguru.

Have a wonderful time!

With love and prayers,

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 11:03:08 PM »
Dear Child of Arunachala

Yes my uncle's house is near Athithi Ashramam.  I always stay in this house. I ask my aunt about my visit to stay in this house.She transfers this message to one Reddiar family who is staying in this house, preparing idilies  and maintaing the house.Once in a month my uncle inspects. I did not see my uncle for the past 20 years . 2008 I have seen my Aunt at Ulsoor, Bangalore. Sometimes I also give some money to the Reddiar family to  feed ' kesari' to sadhus. Regarding miracles and all I do not know.

Due to Bagavan's grace , as I am a french national,  I  settled in France since 2000 and working in a University Pierre  Marie Curie, Paris -6.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 11:04:45 PM »
My uncles house at Thiruvannmalai

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 01:58:57 AM »
Dear Balaji,

It is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

I think it is that Reddiar lady in the blue sari. She has been cooking for the sadhus for 24 years and has become a very evolved soul in the process.  I really like her.

Child of Arunachala
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:09:42 AM by Child of Arunachala »

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »

Sri Ramanaashramam kumbhabhishekam; invitation

http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/maha-kumbhabhishekam-invitation/