Author Topic: Who Am I-some thoughts  (Read 2604 times)

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Who Am I-some thoughts
« on: May 23, 2013, 08:14:45 PM »
I was pondering over something...

When thinking and realising that all questions and attempts to do this and that,to archieve this and that,are belonging to separate entety,to ego,to this particular person,i wonder,is there any question or answer which doas'nt belong to it. Then its obvious that the Truth can only be the Silence,or that is atleast most close truth all the Wise Ones could say. Then,where is the room for any conclusion,when all conclusions will be only in the realm of thoughts only,and from the same ego. To think I am this or that,seems to be,alltogether wrong. Even,everything is going on in the realm of mind,something which is by itself changeful,not constant,and it is a play beyond "our" reach. Because,that same "we" its play itself.

In essence,there is not anything which is appart from the Self,but that can only be the Truth if its coming from the Truth itself,without interfering of ego self,when it is seen through the eyes of the Truth.

To keep individuality,to act from there,and in the same time to try to go beyond seems silly and absurd. If there is no Jewel,where is realisation then?... This beingness,which is part of guna play,and which depends on body,want to go beyond beingness... It is impossible. Who is trying to go beyong what?! Everything is in the realm of thoughts only.
How to let go? Is there anything to letgo really? Is leaving the mind alone and not trust it a bit,only remedy? Then only thing which seems true is that ego,this person must go. How is that done and why is  not important then,coz any attempt to understand will be attempt of ego only.

And yet,again,all this is in the realm of mind...

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
Re: Who Am I-some thoughts
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 09:12:04 PM »
Jewel Ji

As long as mind / ego or whatever we call it - it will need some entertainment which is provided by courtesy Mahamaya. Just be a witness to  those entertainments including entertainments like meditation, yoga, trying to control ego, getting rid of ego, self realization etc. Self does not need self realization :)

Who can answer this / depict this better than Ashtavakra Gita (which pulled my mind so deeply unto itself)...

Sanjay.
Salutations to Bhagawan

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 10:45:40 PM »
Dear Sanjayji,

Yes,so true. Ashtavakra Gita is wonderful work. I am also amazed with it,and any time i read it i feel so peaceful and refreshed. Beautiful! This part i loved very much,and that is ecsactly what i ment:

" haro yadyupadeṣṭā te hariḥ kamalajo'pi vā
tathāpi na tava svāthyaṁ sarvavismaraṇādṛte

If even Shiva, Vishnu or the lotus-born Brahma were your
instructor, until you have forgotten everything you cannot be
established within.

To forget everything indeed. To forget this person,this truly condradictory and absurd,boring and idiotic individuality. When thinking and seeing its hollowness,there is no place for "she/he" anymore. Which again is said by it. :) It is really amazing in how many ways it can hide,and in how subtle ways it can catch hold on something. Thats why nothing can help us if we dont let go this I and Mine.Like You said,it is all entertaiment for the ego,but that same entertainment is keeping it alive. I think it must "starve" to death. There is no other way. And that Self enquiry really is.

With love and prayers,

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 09:45:29 AM »

Dear Sanjay, Jewell,

Yes. When some devotees told Sri Bhagavan that they also would like to stay in the Hill like Him,  He said:

Ella Attamum mudintha pinne, varalAm......  i.e.

"After all the 'play' is over, you can come."

Arunachala Siva.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 10:29:31 AM »
yes, sir. I think Bhagawan told the same to Rankan - his school mate - who was having great suffering time. Rankan was asking when I can come and stay with you forever. He replied similarly. Rankan's story is heart-warming for me always.

It was one of those rare occasions when miracles happened at the thought of Bhagawan. Bhagawan - as we all know - never does such things. Short summary as I remember - Rankan losing job, suffering before his daughter's marriage etc was asked by Bhagawan to just stay back at Ashram. One night when they were lying down (as they are school friends) - Bhagawan asked - "Ranka, Will 10,000 rupees be enough to solve all problems?". Rankan was shocked as Rs.10000 was huge amount those days. Then Bhagawan said - "Ranka, you do one thing. Catch the first bus and go back home tomorrow morning itself.". Rankan went home. To his surprise a courier was waiting for him with an envelope. The envelope had a Rs.10000 cheque and a job offer from British who congratulated his efficiency in accountancy.

When I hear this each time... hmmm... NO WORDS....

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 10:52:22 AM »
Dear Sanjaya,

Yes.  I met Rangan's daughter's grand daughter in Asramam once.  She was telling about her great grand grand father. 
Sri Bhagavan has also done some miracles (after His Maha Nirvana) in her life !  She told us that Rangan also got a job
as a commission agent for a lorry company with an annual commission of Rs. 10000/- plus bonus for the quantity of goods
that he could book for their lorries!

Arunachala Siva.     

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 03:39:21 PM »
Dear Sanjayji,dear Sri Subramanian sir,

That is truly wonderful and so touching story. It is a true wonder indeed. So abundant is Bhagavan Grace and Love. When i think about that i am amazed. How much Love,how much happiness is available to us,and all we need to do is to devotee our selves to this Divine task. And that by itself is greatest Blessing,coz it reveals our true nature. Beautiful,so wonderfully beautiful...

We are indeed lucky to know Bhagavan and Arunachala,to be here.

With love and prayers,

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 04:54:43 PM »
Dear Sanjaya and Jewell,

Rangan came to spend some time with Sri Bhagavan. Both went for a bath in a tank as He used to do in the olden days
in Vaigai river, Sri Bhagavan jumped from a tree and kicked Rangan on the latter's back, when the latter was in the tank.
Rangan said: Venkatrama !  In the olden days your legs would be like iron rods, now they are soft as cotton. 

Sri Bhagavan said: What to do Ranga.  This transformation (Self Realization) has changed my entire body.  I have a new
body now.

Rangan while talking so many things, Sri Bhagavan said that He is ati varnasrami i.e. beyond four asramas.  This is quite
different.  The rules of Sannyasis are not there for ati varnasramamis.  Rangan asked with some expectation, 'Then such
people can also marry, is it not?'  Sri Bhagavan smiled and said Hm....Hm.....

Later Rangan's son composed a poem (on this matter) titled Sri Ramana Vivaham*, i.e. Sri Ramana marrying Jnana as His bride!
This was printed by Asramam. It is a small book costing Rs 2.00 and I purchased a copy during one of my visits.  It describes
beautifully all the rituals of a Hindu Brahmin marriage!  The composition is in blank verse, easily readable.

(* Vivaham = Sanskrit = wedding = kalyanam in Tamizh.) 

Arunachala Siva.               

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 05:10:38 PM »
Dear Sri Subramanian sir,

That is so sweet story! So sweet. And that is true marriage indeed.

What is ecsactly " ati varnasrami i.e. beyond four asramas"? And is there any possability to find that book online Sir?

With love and prayers,

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 05:23:59 PM »
Dear Jewel,

Varnam means caste. Asramam means four stages of life - brahmacharya, householdership, forest dwelling and sannyasa.

An ati varnasrami is one who does not belong to any of these.  Sri Bhagavan belongs to this class.

In the Puranas there were some great persons like Jada Bharatar and also Kaduveli Saiddhar.  Kaduveli Siddhar got
married to a dancing girl and also got a child for her.  The dancing girl quietly left him and went to the King's Palace.
The child was crying for mother's milk. Kaduveli Siddhar took the child to the palace where the girl was dancing.  He
quietly kept the child under her feet.  The king and others laughed at the Siddhar.  They said: They say you are a
Brahma Jnani.  But you are married to this girl and got a child. 

Then Kaduveli Siddhar told towards a huge pillar:  If I am really a Brahma Jnani, please open and take me in and
merge me with Brahman.  The pillar opened with a huge noise and the Siddhar entered the opening and disappeared!

Sri Bhagavan used to tell this story.     

Arunachala Siva.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 05:29:57 PM »
Dear Jewel Ji

Varnashrama are all about stages of Karma progression for the ego I. A Brahma Jnani like Bhagawan has no ego "I" to belong to any Ashrama. Hence all Brahma Jnanis are beyond Ashramas - Athi (Beyond) Varnashrama. Brahma Jnani is Brahman Himself - and of course Brahman has no Ashrama as you can imagine.

Sanjay.
Salutations to Bhagawan

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 06:00:33 PM »
Dear Sri Subramanian sir,dear Sanjayji,

I understand now. I have read that story about Brahma jnani. I remember the story about Maharaj's life,about His wife. I have read that she was little 'hard',how to say,and she was all the time bossing Maharaj. Which was very hard to believe,knowing Maharaj. But,strange are the God ways,and that is really not so important,in the end. Coz rhe Self is beyond all these things. What kind of life will someone live,or would he marry or not,depends on so many things,i guess. There is no general rule for that. Everything need to happen will happen,or otherwise.

And all that is for the body only.

Thank You Very much for explanation!

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 06:09:14 PM by Jewell »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 02:35:06 PM »
Kanchi Paramacharya on Atyashrami

An ‘atyAshrami’ is one who is either in the SannyAsa-Ashrama or one who is even higher than that, namely one who is a jnAni whom no ShAstraic injunctions touch. The Svetasvataropanishad (VI-21) seems to be teaching Brahma VidyA only to such atyAshramis. There is an Upanishad called Kaivalyopanishad. The Acharya (Sankara) used to quote from it often. In the beginning of that Upanishad it says the atyAsharami goes to a solitary place, sits in a straight Asana, controls his senses and mind and meditates on the Shiva svarUpa, his Atman.
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha