Author Topic: Happy Ram Navami Fri 19 April 2013  (Read 6093 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Happy Ram Navami Fri 19 April 2013
« on: April 19, 2013, 08:06:42 AM »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: Happy Ram Navami Fri 19 April 2013
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 08:17:20 AM »
Though Bhagwan has not recommended any Mantra Japa and prefers to advise people to do self - enquiry yet when some one says they do "Rama Nama" Japa , he encourages them to continue and ask them not to change the mantra to Shiva , Arunachala Shiva etc .

This is the conversation between Bhagwan Ramana an Prof.N.R.Krishnamurti Aiyer
Pg.143 Power of Presence Part-1 by David Godman

I prostrated before him and said ,"Bhagavan ,I am doing Rama Mantra Japa .Is not Arunachala Mantra Japa superior to this ?
"No!No!: said Bhagavan vehemently ."Both are idential . "Ra" means "that is" and "ma" means "thou" . "A" in Aruncahla means "that" ,"ru" means "thou", and "na" means "art" .

Then he added ,"Using your mind as your mouth , let the name Rama revolve continuously like Vishnu's Chankra [ discus-like weapon] within your mind .No others need know that you are doing Japa" .

I interjected ,"If I spend all my time like that , what will happen to my teaching work? Will not my bread winning be in jeopardy ?"
Sri Bhagavan replied ,"The one whose name you repeat will take full charge of all that . Don't be concerned about it ".

« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 08:18:00 PM by atmavichar100 »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 09:42:47 AM »
Dear atmavichar,

Nice.  Sri Rama, though an avatara, was living like a typical human being, He was happy, sad, depressed, excited, miserable
and wailing at different times.  He never performed any miracles unlike Krishna.

Once one Rama Sastri came to see Bhagavan.  He asked Him:  Bhagavan!  I have been doing Rama Japa.  Can I switch over
to Ramana Japa?  Sri Bhagavan said: Why? Are Rama and Ramana different?  You can continue Rama Japa.

B.V. Narasimha Swami in his Self Realization, has given a number of Sanskrit epithets, which suit both Rama and Ramana.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 01:49:44 PM »

Dear Nagaraj,

In Sri Rama's horoscope, five planets are in exaltation.  Sukra (Venus) in Pisces, Sun in Aries, Mars in Makara (Capricorn),
Saturn in Thula (Libra) and Jupiter in Karkataka (Cancer).

Scriptures say that one should keep Sri Rama's horoscope and pray to it so that all the planatery difficulties by way of
disease, lack of wealth, lack of longevity of life, health etc., will be offset.

Reading Sundarakandam in Ramayana is also recommended for the same purpose.

Arunachala Siva. 

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 07:04:56 PM »
Dear Sir

Very true. most houses have ramar horoscope and indeed the very presence of anything about ramais so powerful. as it is said the name of rama itself is more potent tham himself. even a casual limited kniwledge about rama and ramayana is most purifying and confers wisdom to one.

its interesting to note the planets in ramars horoscope.. i need lil more time to get a grasp of it :-)

its a common practice to write rama nama in book. i have also done this and srill do wn ever i am inspured. its a great sadhana.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 07:10:54 PM »
sir i believe every follower of sanathana dharma myst read ramayana. by this one will kniw the treadures of our countrys tradition and values and spirit the relationships of vhildten to parents friends brothers sages enemies adhyatma vyavahara paramarthika what is nit there.

ekaikamaksaram pumsaam maha payhaka nashanam is said about ramayanam. every letter of ramayana is great purifier and destroys the greatest of sins.

rama is the heart of bharata country. rama is the throb of vedas. rama is atma.

rama. how sweet.
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 07:42:41 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

I do not know whether all of you know about my problems of house shifting.  The land lord threw bluff on me saying that his
son is coming from America and the house has to be vacated. This was in the month of Jan. 2013.  I and my wife searched for
some houses and nothing was satisfactory.  Even a two-bedroom house, rentals were Rs 20 to 22000. My present house
is three bedroomed.

I was spending restless nights.  I decided I would pray to Sri Bhagavan and also tell some slokas specifically for the purpose of house problems.  Not that I don't have full faith in Sri Bhagavan. But somehow I wanted to chant/read some slokas.  Then I decided, (I have heard about it from my mother/father that whenever the landlord brings pressure to vacate the house, we have to pray specifically to God. Then I started along with my wife, the following:

1. Sri Soundarya Lahari, sloka 91, (describing Mother's walk) - 54 times a day. 

2. From Tirupugazh, the song that starts as aNdar pahi kudiyera, maNdasurar uru mARa...  It is a Tiruppugazh on Siruvai Murugan.
I head it once every day.

3. Sundarkandam reading once.

These three  along with my special prayers to Sri Bhagavan solved the problem.  The landlord tole me that I can continue in the
house if I could pay Rs 22000 as rent as against the present Rs 20000.  The landlord's son coming from America is ail bluff and
he had no son at all.

I grabbed the opportunity and agreed for a fresh lease deed from 1st April for Rs 22000.00 was drawn for 3 years, I clinched the issue.

All glory to Sri Bhagavan, Amba and Murugan and Hanuman/Sita.

Arunachala Siva.                 

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 07:48:44 PM »
I am deeply thouched by these words on Lord Rama. Indeed,so sweet,so beautiful. Our Beautiful,Great Lord,our Divine arrcher,with love and bliss,with Truth like arrows.

Lord Ram is the source of divine knowledge. Seek his blessings of peace and realisation. May you be blessed and bestowed with all kinds of success. Remember Ram with true heart. Happy Ram Navami!

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 07:57:28 PM »
Dear Sri Subramanian sir,

I am so happy to hear that You have resolved that issue with rent. Everything with blessings of Arunachala and Bhagavan. Indeed,everything is possible if we have strong faith and trust,and when our prayers is so sincere,that is coming from the core of our being,our heart. Then it is always answered.

With love and prayers,

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 09:15:36 PM »
Subramaniam Sir

Happy to note that you have renewed your rental agreement at the same apartment for 3 more years .Your prayers have materialized . Actually I asked a few friends of mine who have contacts in Bangalore to find a house for u based on your requirements and they told that for the amount you have quoted ( Rs.18,000/-) it is difficult to get a decent apartment in the areas mentioned . I told them not to strain much and let us wait and watch . Good that you put ur efforts in prayer and had the blessings of the almighty .

In fact the house owner must be blessed to have a tenant like you who is totally committed to Bhagavan Ramana and Arunachala .Your daily readings of the works of Bhagavan Ramana in that Apartment is sure to give blessings to all the inmates in that Apartment block .

Now that the worry of finding a new house is no more there , you can focus on your Sadhana more peacefully .
All the best .Om Peace .

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 11:17:36 PM »
Subramanian Sir

Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

pl sing saranagathi song of Sri Ramana
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 02:10:37 AM »
Dear Atmavichar & others,

"Queen Kausalya gave birth to a son with all the divine attributes like lotus-red eyes, lengthy arms, roseate lips, voice like drumbeat, and who took birth to delight the Ikshwaku dynasty, who is adored by all the worlds, and who is the greatly blessed epitome of Vishnu, namely Rama."

Happy Sri Rama Navami

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Nahama!

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 10:30:24 AM »
Dear Sir,

it is really very inspiring to hear the happenings and how wonderful, glad to hear everything has remained well as it is. Your narration has immensely increased my faith on the traditional paths of such anushtanas as you have mentioned. I have heard from near and dear ones the ineffaceable grace of doing parayanam of Sundara Kandam, and the specific japams and chantings of special stanzas from Soundarya Lahari, parayana of Sai Sat Charitra in 7 days, Likhita rama Japam, various stotrams etc... i have known people narrate incidences who have said their loved ones have been saved from the clutches of death by  performing such anushtanas by His grace.

the rents looks scary though, how much this city has changed for the worse!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 01:39:53 PM »
Papa Ramdas a great saint who popularized the Chanting of Ram Nam and he had also met Bhagavan Ramana

Biography

Vittal Rao was born in Kanhangad, in northern Kerala, India on April 10, 1884.His parents were Sri Balakrishna Rao and Smt. Lalita Bai. He worked as a spinning master in a cotton mill and in 1908 he married. He experienced difficulties, both in his financial pursuits and domestic life, and seeking relief from his circumstances, he began to chant "Ram" – a name of God. Soon after, his father gave to him a holy mantra to repeat, the Ram Mantra - 'Sri Ram jai Ram jai jai Ram'. Through inner guidance he started adding the 'Om' to each repetition - 'Om Sri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram' and he found the benefit at least threefold.

He quickly became detached from materialistic pleasures and left on a pilgrimage, taking on the name Ramdas, and living on charity (though he never accepted money). His practice was to view the world as forms of Ram – and thus to see everything that might befall him as the will of Ram. His mantra practice also gradually became a round-the-clock practice.

In 1922 he encountered the sage, Ramana Maharshi, and received his grace. As a result of this, he went into his first retreat, living for 21 days in solitude in a cave in Arunachala. Upon leaving this cave he was filled with the realization that, “All was Rama, nothing but Rama” .Some time later an absorption experience near Mangalore fully erased his personal identity, so that only Oneness prevailed.

After continuing to live on the roads for many years, his devotees established Anandashram for him in Kanhangad, Kerala in 1931. The ashram worked to improve the living conditions of the local people, and continues to this day to share Swami Ramdas’ vision of Universal Love and Service.

A list of Ramdas' well known disciples includes Mataji Krishnabai, Swami Satchidananda, Swami Mudrananda and Yogi Ramsuratkumar.

He attained mahasamadhi in the year 1963.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 04:49:56 PM »
Going through this old thread after a long gap and interested to re-read many of the wonderful things discussed in this thread about the glory of chanting RAM NAAM especially the one instruction given by Bhagavan Ramana tp Prof NR Krishnamurthi Aiyer .