Author Topic: hot summer -- for our beloved Arunachala  (Read 2254 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
hot summer -- for our beloved Arunachala
« on: April 18, 2013, 10:19:20 AM »
This post is not aimed at all.   

There are many devotees however in this forum who are very fond of Arunachala mountain --  which they dont consider as mere rocks.

Subramaniam sir,  Anand Sundaram, Vinod to name a few.  Many others I have left out.

I have a request for them.

See,  the summer is very heavy in Thiruvannamalai.

While all others are busy in getting their boons fullfilled or working our their moksha by praising Arunachala,  our beloved Arunachala is bearing all the sunborne heat.

Day and night,  He is exposed to the heavy weather without any rains.

So all of you ,  daily visualize cool waters to be poured gently all along the Holy Arunachala hills from the peak of the Hill to the slopes down.

Otherwise,  Arunachala wont take proper care of his body.  With all matted hairs which is not properly shampooed or combed,  he will feel all the heat .

So let us first engage in taking care of this innocent child Bolonath's body the Arunachala Hill. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: hot summer -- for our beloved Arunachala
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 10:31:45 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

Very moving post containing a moving prayer.  In fact, I used to pray whenever I see the webcam photo, that rains should come
at least, by thunderclouds (though it is not a season in Tamizh Nadu) in Tiruvannamalai so that all the residents inside and outside
the Asramam should feel cool and do not suffer water problems.  Your prayer is more than mine. 

Sometimes, whenever I feel the heat in Bangalore, (Bangalore summer is also quite hot this time), I used to visualize how
Sri Bhagavan stayed in Virupaksha Cave, with dark atmosphere inside and sweltering heat right on the Hill. Then I forget the
Bangalore heat at least for sometime.  But I have never seen any of Sri Bhagavan's photo where He is sweating or wiping His
body whenever there is sweat.

Arunachala Siva.         

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 09:41:17 PM »
In my younger days , I used to come with my parents and sometimes when accomodation was not available in Sri Ramanashramam ,stay in one of the numerous hotels in small non ac rooms.
We used to remark that it was very hot and the hotel managers sighed and said - we are near a hill of fire , it is what can be expected.
Truly a hill of wire,a fire which burns all our sins .But yes , Krishnan Sir, rightly put.We should all pray l that Arunachala brings upon rains on itself - to make further memorable all those who stay in its vicinity either by residence or as visitors during this period - I also hope to make it in May when one year will elapse since my father's demise and I  will be permitted by my customs  to visit temples in the vicinity of mountains.
Regards,Anand Sundaram.
Sundaram Anand

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 08:11:07 PM »
Dear ksksat27,

I must say "what a coincidence". Today when I had quick nap when there was a power cut, I decided to have a glance at the pic's of Arunachala from a Album called "Glory of Arunachala" (book with high resolution pic's of Arunachala). There were two pic's esp with flowing waters & I was just imagining how our Arunachala would look if there is running water from top of it just like other mountains with flowing water esp in hill stations & now I got to read this topic.

I was also imagining that there were not much trees in the past or olden days & now there are good no of trees which are being grown with the help of the forest dept which is very good. No wonder with human practices nature would be even more annoyed in the upcoming years & what else left for us except to pray.

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 11:09:06 AM »
Dear ksksat27,

I must say "what a coincidence". Today when I had quick nap when there was a power cut, I decided to have a glance at the pic's of Arunachala from a Album called "Glory of Arunachala" (book with high resolution pic's of Arunachala). There were two pic's esp with flowing waters & I was just imagining how our Arunachala would look if there is running water from top of it just like other mountains with flowing water esp in hill stations & now I got to read this topic.

I was also imagining that there were not much trees in the past or olden days & now there are good no of trees which are being grown with the help of the forest dept which is very good. No wonder with human practices nature would be even more annoyed in the upcoming years & what else left for us except to pray.

Dear Vinod,

that is fine really .  we have thought about the same thought.

So conclusion is,  do mental abhishekam atleast once  a day. 

World will survive very good Vinod, people feared the same way after wolrd war II,  but now there is lot of peace compared to that era.  Like that something will intervene.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 02:14:27 AM »
Dear ksksat27,

Its a very good practise that we can follow, which will also help us to have visions of our Arunachala in this busy life. Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us & would love to know any such practices related to Arunachala.

Many Thanks!