Author Topic: Punarvasu vaNNam - 18.04.2013  (Read 1034 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Punarvasu vaNNam - 18.04.2013
« on: April 18, 2013, 09:28:40 AM »

Today is the Punarvasu star day of the month of Chitrai.  Punarvasu is the birth star of Sri Bhagavan and He was born on this
star in the Tamizh month of Margazhi.  Every month on the punarvasu star day, special pujas are done in the Asramam for
Sri Ramaneswara Mahalingam with golden casket adorning the Lingam.  Punarvasu is a gold colored star.  Sri Rama was also born
in this Chitra Punarvasu star day but Sri Rama Navami is celebrated tomorrow taking the moon digit of Navami.

Muruganar has composed verses under the title punarvasu vannam (the glory of punarvasu).  I have given in this blog already
the meaning of these verses sometime back. 

Today I shall give one verse from Tiruk kaN nokkam (The Gaze of the Divine Eye) from Sri Ramana Sannidhi Murai.  The verses
1612 to 1643 are Tiruk kaN nokkam.  The title means looking into the divine eyes of Sri Bhagavan in order to attain liberation.
In every verse, Muruganar exhorts devotees to take up this practice of looking into Sri Bhagavan's eyes.  Muruganar says how
he himself was liberated by a grace filled look from Bhagavan.

Verse 1612:

You whose eyes are blue water lilies!
Have you not seen with those very eyes
the tree of true Jnana that,
though rooted in the earth in beauty,
bestows the glance of grace?
With mighty shoulders branching out
he casts his glance
upon the beings of the world!
With Venkata, this wish fulfilling tree of heaven,
let us play kaNNokkam.

(Tr. T.V. Venkatasubramanian, Robert Butler and David Godman)

Arunachala Siva.       

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Punarvasu vaNNam - 18.04.2013
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 10:58:25 PM »
Beautiful verse,dear Sri Subramanian sir! So thouching and so true. Bhagavans eyes are beautiful eyes of Grace,so gentle,it seems like they are thouching deeply my very heart and soul... Only glance of His magical look,and our hearts are stolen forewer.

Thank You Very much,dear Sir!

With love and prayers,