Author Topic: Direction in life.  (Read 11205 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Re: Direction in life.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 11:36:42 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

just for some food for contemplation... :)

Do you regard Lord Rama as a Jnani? Leave aside the other Ramayanas including the Adhyatma Ramayana that proclaim him as an avatar and so on. In reality, as narrated by Valimiki, the character of Rama and his life necessarily does not appear to make him a Jnani. If one deeply looks into the core of his character, Rama has all the great virtues which is very well known, at the same time, he also inherited similar qualities of his father Dasaratha, little fickleness, emotional, and so on.

One had you will see Rama outpouring great expressions of Jnana and Brahmana, absolute Atma Rasa, immediately in the same time, you will see Rama exactly opposite to what he had just said some time back, wailing and craying and deeply immersed in pain of separation from his family, the hard order of his Mother Kaikeyi and so on. One had he praises Kaikeyi and you will find on the other hand crying for what she had done. One had Rama praises his father and on other hand you will find him wailing and pained deeply for his fathers fickleness.

It is not simply that stalwart Sages like Vishwamitra, Vasishta, Bharadwaja, Valimiki was clean bowled over, he was so puzzled at this Param Porul Rama, he could not grasp Rama, set out to compose Ramayana and other were attracted and were so eager to be in the presence of Rama. Infact, if one closely observes, one can recognise, how Rama stumps even these stalwarts as well, who are bewildered by Rama, as he is absolutely unpredictable! After Rama comes back, after his pattabhishekam etc... Rama sends of Sita to forest, infact if one reads Uttara Ramayana one cannot but feel how Rama could be so bad, and fickle minded, he sends Lakshmana to drop off Sita hald way in forest, when he performs ashwamedha yajna, he does not invite Valimiki, or Sita. there are plenty to quote.

Brahman cannot be grasped, Jnani cannot be grasped by his actions. As Bhagavan says there is no Jnani but only Jnanam

--

I feel a bit shy when I had to argue with you especially. 

But tell me this  ---  can we compare Gandhiji with Rama or rather Rama with Gandhiji? 

Subramaiam sir --  Bhagavan Ramana's actions are always perfect reflection of his inner abidance.

Nagarajji --  one cannot hide behind this statement of 'unpredicatability of a jnani' and claim that one is a jnani hence. 
Hmm, I dont even write a single word if someone claims any saint to be a perfect jnani. 

But Gandhiji, this is something very obvious --  a national leader and crores and crores of followers and Africa Black movement,  non co-operation movement huge banners huge celebrations,  some song composed for Muslim Hindu brotherhood and many more ,  whole glorifies him day and night.
He writes Experiments with Truth,  humm  --  many more.

So you all learned people of this forum --  you all go to him and put a garland of self realization,  because that is the only Title remaining for Gandhiji to attain.

Is not it?  Has he not blurred at all?

I dont say anything against --  Subramaiam sir or Nagarajji --  you do this experiment --  one end a picture of Bhagavan Ramana or Sarada Devi or Ramakrishna and other end a picture of Gandhiji --  your Heart will immediately tell a ocean of differences.

Come on,  don't over liberalize.  A jnani can marry 10 girls, but not everyone who marries 10 girls can be a jnani.

Humm --  Raviji asked me sometime before ,  is there any rule that politician cannot become a jnani?  Well,  there is no rule.

But kingdom and jnanitvam is very very rare to co-exist. 

Don't please jump to janaka.

Gandhiji should have renounced everything and the thought of all this freedome movement. He should have found a Guru and surrendered to get Himself jnanitvam.

Everybody cannot be a Karma Yogi. 

What are we talking about? Jnana . 

We will see our past kings --  with very few exceptions  everybody renounced their kingdom for jnanitvam --  why?  Because it is general rule.

Humm -- Jnani is a 360 degree personality sirs, one stop solution.

You go to Him,  finished.  You do self enquiry or you repeat his name does not matter. His Sannidhi is looking only for your sincerity and truthfulness.  Then you are carried in that boat.

Tell me frankly and from your heat --  you all tell Gandhiji is a jnani.  Then start praying to him and his picture.  Don't say it is childish or not required.  No excuse.

Today you have to keep that picture in swami room and start doing arthi.  Jnani right?  Will all be able to accept your namaskarams?  Will that soul bear that intensity of this prorstration and arthi?  Especially to carry your burden of karma.  Why?  What prevents you to follow Gandhiji whole heartedly and do pooja to him?

Nagaraji quotes about Lord Rama. 

Lord Rama is almost the most misunderstood avatars of all times.   

Lord Rama was often referred as ordinary human being and questions were asked like 'Rama was a dull initially and then Vashishta through his yoga vashitam etc. etc. '  These questioners were not shy to put such statements infront of Maharishee.

Huum --  Lord Rama human being and then yoga vashita to clear his doubts.

What to speak of ?    Annamalai Swami was cut down short by Maharishee when he started like Rama was not enlightened during is birth.  Bhagavan cleary told that Vishnu appeared with four hands and then only He assumed the form as Lord Rama.  Crystal clear in Living by the words.

So Lord Rama --  how can I put it?  In the three worlds,  did anybody was spoken and referred to by Ishwara himself ?  Rama was.  One has to refer to Vishnu Sahasranamam for that.

Morever,  some intellectuals are there --  they say Rama word had some signficant meaning and that Dasaratha simply named his child as that word.  So for these people all glories of Lord Rama are merely to an already existing word and that Lord Rama himself was very ordinary human being.

Intellectuals --  not Nagarajji,  I dont mean  you,  not anybody in this forum, someone wrote like that.

For all these perverted mind thinking ,  it is better people don't read Yoga Vashistam just to humble down Lord Rama instead of humbling down himself.

Friends --  appearances are deceptive.  I agree. I tell you the same things.

This applies to Gandhiji very much. 

Sorry if I had hurted any of you.  But I don't think anybody is serious enough here.

If one person here raises his hands and says that Gandhiji is his Guru and that he worships him ,  keeping a picture and also follow his teachings and that he has no other Guru,  if one person ,  you come forward and claim that . Then I shut up my non-sense ,  I apologize and delete this post.  One person -- please come forward.  Jnani so you follow him. Nothing less than that.  Not mere spectacular admiration. I don't want glories.  I want someone who is really  sincere towards Gandhiji.  Real commitment and devotion -- that of what Papaji had towards Krishna or Annamalai Swami had towards Ramana or Krishna Bhai towards Swami Papa Ramdas.  You come with that sort of a  thing and then & only then I won't speak. I surrender all my non-sense to that lucky soul.  Not until then.

Finally,  this sort of a post may seem egoistic,  but let me tell from my Heart,  it is not so.  If you are intense and deep enough in your Heart,  you will get my message.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 11:47:08 AM by ksksat27 »

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 11:47:40 AM »
I think it is in best interest of this respected forum - not to try and define a jnani creating a score card to pass / fail a person as jnani. At least, I personally dont feel I am worthy of doing that for any person - leave alone Gandhi Ji. As Ramana Bhagawan said - we will do well if we focus on jnanam instead of jnani.

Sanjay.
Salutations to Bhagawan

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 11:54:49 AM »
I think it is in best interest of this respected forum - not to try and define a jnani creating a score card to pass / fail a person as jnani. At least, I personally dont feel I am worthy of doing that for any person - leave alone Gandhi Ji. As Ramana Bhagawan said - we will do well if we focus on jnanam instead of jnani.

Sanjay.

Sanjay,

Not that even,  we are not trying to define a jnani or have score cards.

I agree -- one must be humble towards Guru. 

But what all I don't understand is --  why are we distributing this score card very freely to famous personalities from art and politics?  Fame and noble personality doest not mean he is a jnani.   

That is why I ask all of you --  are you sincere in going to the very end along with Gandhiji --  if you hesitate then why are you sitting in audience chair and admiring him as jnani.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 11:59:17 AM »
But what all I don't understand is --  why are we distributing this score card very freely to famous personalities from art and politics?  Fame and noble personality doest not mean he is a jnani. 

Krishna - The answer is very simple. There is no score card and so everyone has their own score card. Your score card may not match someone elses. It is just that. So we are better of focussing on jnanam instead of jnani.

Sanjay.
Salutations to Bhagawan

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 12:04:23 PM »

Krishna - The answer is very simple. There is no score card and so everyone has their own score card. Your score card may not match someone elses. It is just that. So we are better of focussing on jnanam instead of jnani.

Sanjay.

Sanjay

no that wont do for me, I take your hands within my hand and ask you this. in fact I ask everyone  this:  do you see the light?  do you feel His presence?  do you have that spontaneous outpour of devotion towards Him?  Do you follow his teachings earnestly?  Tell me,  I will also join in your Dance for few of my minutes.  Indeed I look forward for such qualities everywhere. 

So someone comes and tells me -- Yes  all of which you had quoted above,  I feel towards Gandhiji ,  I look for such a person.  You got it? 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 12:05:59 PM by ksksat27 »

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 12:07:00 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

It is irrelevant for a sincere sadhaka to establish if somebody is realised or not, yes, we get pulled to some sources, and we surrender to that source. If a Sadhaka knew before hand who is a Guru and who is not a Guru, then what need there is for him to surrender to a Guru? :) a Sadhaka surrenders to a Guru not out of knowledge of him being an enlightened being, but rather it is the pull of his grace which is reflected by his compassion.

For a Sadhaka, what cannot be a Guru, what cannot be a Jnani? what i am interested in bringing to light is realising or discerning the bhaavam of leaving oneself or ourselves aside everybody else is a Guru, such should be a Sadhakas attitude. Everybody is that God or Guru or that source which pulls one. When this is realised with absolute conviction, Ramana is Gandhi, Ramana is Bharathiyar and so on... what is not Ramana out there? Can there be anything apart from Ramana out there? Is there any place where Ramana is not found?

We must learn to see that Ramana in everything, Prahlada was able to see Vishnu even in a pillar, stone, water, hill, hence where ever he was thrown or killed, it failed, even poison was Vishnu for him, hence it had no effect on Prahlada.

For instance look into the 24 Gurus of the Avadhoota as found in Bhagavata? were the 24 Gurus realised? Guru is what the Sadhaka makes. The external Guru manifests from within said Bhagavan, unless we are able to see that Guru in one and all, impediments will always linger such as these dualities as expressed by you.

for instance, for me, even osama bin laden also is a guru, where is Guru not? where is jnani not? can there be anything that is NOT Guru or Jnani or Self or Atma?

This attitude we should aspire for, this is my spirit, as i have expressed.

Paarkum idam ellaam Nindan tirumeni thonrugiradu.

How can we say, Here there is no Guru, here only Guru is there?

24 Gurus of Avadhoota - http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=2633.msg6514#msg6514

Krishnan, no need to feel sorry for your opinions, stand for your views, also do not ever delete your posts, never lose confidence of your views, but at the same time i know you are open minded, it is i feel, not in the grace of a sadhaka to delete his views for what he stands for, it is hallmark of a sadhaka not to delete his past views. dont ever worry. nobody will ever get hurt or insulted, each one is in their journey, unless oneself hurts or insults oneself none can hurt him.

why are you thinking Gandhi must have done like this and like that, he should have done like this and like that? etc... who are we? if i say the same to Bhagavan ramana or Ramakrishna why does our mind fail to accept it then? all these are just the ramblings of mind, The Gandhi that we see, is the Gandhi that is seen, the Ramana that we see, is the Ramana that is seen.

So long we are seeing with coloured glass, everything will appear in the same colour. hence we need to discard this glass of mind. Sarvam Brahma Mayam. Stop seeing the body, stop seeing the manifest and we should see that which is unmanifest in everybody.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 12:11:02 PM »
Sri Bhagavan never cried or even shed two tears for His mother.

Sri Bhagwan wept a lot when he heard Gandhi's death news .
Papaji said he could hear the name of Ram Naam vibrating in Gandhi's presence ( Papaji met another Rama devotee who had claimed he has written 24 crore times Rama Naama but when Papaji met him he was just shouting abuses over his stomach ache ) and Papaji said Gandhi's body shone brilliantly with a divinity and the only other such a body he saw was Bhagwan Ramana . Papaji does not easily certify people as great and he definitely considered Gandhi as one of the greats he encountered in his life .

As for me I consider Gandhi's Advice "Be the Change that you seek in this world "as a form of Maha Mantra " just as I  consider  Bhagwan Message "Mind your Business " as a Maha Mantra to be followed seriously in my own life .
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 12:22:22 PM by atmavichar100 »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 12:19:49 PM »
காக்கை சிறகினிலே நந்தலாலா - நின்றன்
கரிய நிறம் தோன்றுதையே நந்தலாலா

Kakkai chiraginile Nanda laala, ninthan,
Kariya niram thondruthayye Nanda lala

Oh Lord who is the darling of Nanda,
I see in the black of the feathers of the crow,
Your colour of black, Oh darling lord.

பார்க்கும் மரங்களெல்லாம் நந்தலாலா - நின்றன்
பச்சை நிறம் தோன்றுதையே நந்தலாலா

Parkkum marangalellam Nanda laala , ninthan,
Pachai niram thondruthu aye , Nanda lala

In whichever tree I see , oh darling lord,
I see your green colour , oh Lord.

கேட்கும் ஒளியில் எல்லாம் நந்தலாலா - நின்றன்
கீதம் இசைக்குதடா நந்தலாலா

Ketkkum oliyellaam Nanda Lala , Ninthan,
Geetham isaikkuthada, Nanda Laala

In whichever song I hear my darling Lord,
I am able to hear your music only, my lord 

தீக்குள் விரலை வைத்தால் நந்தலாலா - நின்னை
தீண்டும் இன்பம் தோன்றுதடா நந்தலாலா

Theekkul kaiyai vaithal , Nanda Laala-ninnai
Thendum inbam  thondruthada , Nanda Laalaa

And if  I keep my finger inside a raging fire,
I only feel that sweet sensation of touching you.

(Bharathiyar)

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 12:38:35 PM »
therefore krishnan.. when such is the nature of that supteme self that is all pervading as there is no place where that is not to be not found, when it is said so here it is not gandhi is not or anybody is nit it invalidates the all pervasiveness of the supreme truth. the heart rises forth from within and expresses so in anguish that no, truth is all pervasive. gandhi bharati and even the ant out ther is that supreme self or being.

every thing being is just Him. pointblank. no way can we say here he us not.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 01:01:27 PM »
Sanjay

no that wont do for me, I take your hands within my hand and ask you this. in fact I ask everyone  this:  do you see the light?  do you feel His presence?  do you have that spontaneous outpour of devotion towards Him?  Do you follow his teachings earnestly?  Tell me,  I will also join in your Dance for few of my minutes.  Indeed I look forward for such qualities everywhere. 

So someone comes and tells me -- Yes  all of which you had quoted above,  I feel towards Gandhiji ,  I look for such a person.  You got it? 

Dear Krishnan -

Yes - All of which you said I feel whether it is Gandhi or Nehru or any living being or any plant or any atom in the universe or Bhagwan Ramana. I have the spontaneous outpour of devotion when I see the SELF powering all of these. So let us join the dance :) as you said. Yes - the so called mind tries to classify one as different from another - to feel more devotion to one than another - but I soon try to overpower that in most cases. I am not there yet fully - but I have the conviction to reach there some day with the grace of that Supreme Self powering it all.

Dear Nagaraj - Very apt from Bharathiyar...

Thanks
Sanjay.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:04:03 PM by sanjaya_ganesh »
Salutations to Bhagawan

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 02:38:23 PM »
Sanjay

Dear Krishnan -

Yes - All of which you said I feel whether it is Gandhi or Nehru or any living being or any plant or any atom in the universe or Bhagwan Ramana. I have the spontaneous outpour of devotion when I see the SELF powering all of these. So let us join the dance :) as you said. Yes - the so called mind tries to classify one as different from another - to feel more devotion to one than another - but I soon try to overpower that in most cases. I am not there yet fully - but I have the conviction to reach there some day with the grace of that Supreme Self powering it all.

Dear Nagaraj - Very apt from Bharathiyar...

Thanks
Sanjay.

No Sanjayji,  you and Nagarajji -- both ,  along with all in the world, you consider Gandhi as a jnani.  Is not it?  Nagaraji went one step above to take even Osama Bin Laden.

And I would say,  Sanjayji you are a bit intelligent,  because,  you hid under saman bhava towards all and then claim  you feel all this outpour of devotion towards Gandhiji.

I think we are making the mistake of mixing up everything --  in vyavaharika ,  differences exist.

I think you and Nagaraj ji just mix up everything and that way you say Gandhiji is a jnani, because your theory is everything is a jnani.

No this is just be under the shade and crying Gandhiji is a jnani.

Please go to the Sun,  take his readings and personally consider Gandhiji as  a Guru in that sense.  That is what is being genuine.

Otherwise,  this is like first going to a low profile sadhu and calls him a  jnani.  He is happy that somebody considers him a  jnani.  Immediatley you say,  I consider everybody , not only you, but even a terrorist as a jnani.  Raising a meter high and dropping him along with the entire world.

No that is just trying to feel the saman bhava.  It is not equivalent to addressing someone as a jnani

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 02:43:39 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

It is irrelevant for a sincere sadhaka to establish if somebody is realised or not, yes, we get pulled to some sources, and we surrender to that source. If a Sadhaka knew before hand who is a Guru and who is not a Guru, then what need there is for him to surrender to a Guru? :) a Sadhaka surrenders to a Guru not out of knowledge of him being an enlightened being, but rather it is the pull of his grace which is reflected by his compassion.

For a Sadhaka, what cannot be a Guru, what cannot be a Jnani? what i am interested in bringing to light is realising or discerning the bhaavam of leaving oneself or ourselves aside everybody else is a Guru, such should be a Sadhakas attitude. Everybody is that God or Guru or that source which pulls one. When this is realised with absolute conviction, Ramana is Gandhi, Ramana is Bharathiyar and so on... what is not Ramana out there? Can there be anything apart from Ramana out there? Is there any place where Ramana is not found?

We must learn to see that Ramana in everything, Prahlada was able to see Vishnu even in a pillar, stone, water, hill, hence where ever he was thrown or killed, it failed, even poison was Vishnu for him, hence it had no effect on Prahlada.

For instance look into the 24 Gurus of the Avadhoota as found in Bhagavata? were the 24 Gurus realised? Guru is what the Sadhaka makes. The external Guru manifests from within said Bhagavan, unless we are able to see that Guru in one and all, impediments will always linger such as these dualities as expressed by you.

for instance, for me, even osama bin laden also is a guru, where is Guru not? where is jnani not? can there be anything that is NOT Guru or Jnani or Self or Atma?

This attitude we should aspire for, this is my spirit, as i have expressed.

Paarkum idam ellaam Nindan tirumeni thonrugiradu.

How can we say, Here there is no Guru, here only Guru is there?

24 Gurus of Avadhoota - http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=2633.msg6514#msg6514

Krishnan, no need to feel sorry for your opinions, stand for your views, also do not ever delete your posts, never lose confidence of your views, but at the same time i know you are open minded, it is i feel, not in the grace of a sadhaka to delete his views for what he stands for, it is hallmark of a sadhaka not to delete his past views. dont ever worry. nobody will ever get hurt or insulted, each one is in their journey, unless oneself hurts or insults oneself none can hurt him.

why are you thinking Gandhi must have done like this and like that, he should have done like this and like that? etc... who are we? if i say the same to Bhagavan ramana or Ramakrishna why does our mind fail to accept it then? all these are just the ramblings of mind, The Gandhi that we see, is the Gandhi that is seen, the Ramana that we see, is the Ramana that is seen.

So long we are seeing with coloured glass, everything will appear in the same colour. hence we need to discard this glass of mind. Sarvam Brahma Mayam. Stop seeing the body, stop seeing the manifest and we should see that which is unmanifest in everybody.

--

"instance, for me, even osama bin laden also is a guru, where is Guru not? where is jnani not? can there be anything that is NOT Guru or Jnani or Self or Atma?"

Nagarajji,  this is something like this you are doing:

there is a big beaker where you are mixing up payasam, sour tasting rasam,  sambar,  vegetable,  then even spicy vegetables,  curd,  buttermilk, then pure ghee and butter,  then dalda,  then uncooked rotten fruits and vegetables and you are using a big spoon to stir all of this.

By this generalized statement seemingly like a saman Bhava,  by this one cannot really approach a jnani and follow his teachings.  When I asked to raise hand,  you and Sanjayji are raising your hand but hiding behind this type of generalization clause you put.

Sorry I have to reject this,  atleast as far as Gandhiji is concerned.

This is like saying Gandhiji is a jnani,  so what Perumal Swami is also a jnani  :)

No,  I don't mean that type of jnani  :)  I thought you Guys are really admiring Gandhiji,  but seems not so, He is a jnani so is the whole world.  Very convenient statement which will make sure we will be a good boy to all  :) but nothing more.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 02:46:09 PM »
Dear ksksat27

I am not arguing for anyone to be acknowledged / certified as jnani - Gandhi or anyone for that matter - because that does not serve any purpose. I can personally take jnanam even if it comes from Gandhi or Nehru or anyone. I like to focus on jnanam and not jnani. So leave me out :).

Best wishes,
Sanjay.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:57:42 PM by sanjaya_ganesh »
Salutations to Bhagawan

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »
Dear ksksat27

I have no more arguments on this subject as we dont seem to be communicating from same reference point...

Sanjay.

there is a dish famous among Brahmins called Aviyal.   :)  This Aviyal is a mixture of many dishes. 
That Aviyal,  I also like this type of aviyal :).  The ultimate Truth is everything is Self.  Very easy.   But not in vyavaharika.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 02:52:31 PM »
Sri Bhagavan never cried or even shed two tears for His mother.

Sri Bhagwan wept a lot when he heard Gandhi's death news .
Papaji said he could hear the name of Ram Naam vibrating in Gandhi's presence ( Papaji met another Rama devotee who had claimed he has written 24 crore times Rama Naama but when Papaji met him he was just shouting abuses over his stomach ache ) and Papaji said Gandhi's body shone brilliantly with a divinity and the only other such a body he saw was Bhagwan Ramana . Papaji does not easily certify people as great and he definitely considered Gandhi as one of the greats he encountered in his life .

As for me I consider Gandhi's Advice "Be the Change that you seek in this world "as a form of Maha Mantra " just as I  consider  Bhagwan Message "Mind your Business " as a Maha Mantra to be followed seriously in my own life .

This is the sort of reply I was looking for.  This is the fitting reply.   This is where I struggle,  right? Because here is a statement from Papaji. Someone who has seen IT is telling this.    Still far short of the final thing,  but still this statement carries something.  Probably now I need to retrospect,  I need to go back and re-visit Gandhiji's history.