Author Topic: Don't miss this opportunity -- eat in the feast to your full  (Read 1810 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Don't miss this opportunity -- eat in the feast to your full
« on: April 12, 2013, 11:36:44 AM »
Our beloved Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharishee,  his Guru Arunachala  -- his beloved disciples like Papaji,  Sri Lakshmana , Mathru Sri Sarada,  Sri Annamalai Swami,  Sri Muruganar,  Sri Sadhu Om,  Sri Mastan swami,  Sri Sivaprakasam Pillai ,  Papa Ramdas,  Srimathi Kanakammal,  Mother Azhagammal,  Sri Robert Adams,  Sri Mouni sadhu from Australia and many more I may have missed -- all of these people carry genuinely, very geuninely the flame of Knowledge that is lit to them permanently in their Hearts by Ramana Maharishee.

All of you here,  may be following any of the above,  apart from your devotion to Maharishee.

Some of you,  may have other Gurus and their teachings as well .

If  you observe,  all these saints  repeatedly say like Prarabhda is unavoidable and many other stiff statements with regards to wordly difficulties and wants.   

But from my experience,  from the experience of many other devotees,  let me tell you this:

Our Guru is so tender and soft in the Heart,  they want us to be humble,  they want us to be open minded in what we really want .

We may want a mean thing,  a low desire for now or a relief from material problem --  somehow if you have the good luck to know about a saint and go to him with this desire,  make a strong will and a prayer , as strong in intensity as possible ,  to your best, you submit this prayer and accept it as a still lower aspiration --  with all open mind,  if you put a prayer,  then even your prarabhda is altered to fit in this prayer.

This is 100% true -- beyond all your logic and all your scriptural books.  The saint himself or herself will never agree that They interfered,  but neverthless,  there is a mysterious automatic divine action in their Presence --  not necessarily physical presence but in the mental prayer you make --  in that mental field,  there is a automatic divine action set in.

So at this instance,   you need not stick to that saint life long,  for now,  this moment,  if you feel like praying to any one saint --  go ahead,  you are thirsty,  that saint is a river,  go head and quench your thirst.  Don't worry what happens to the river or where is your next stop.  Right now, you feel like praying to that saint,  it is a wonderful blessing to have that thought itself, dont keep yourself, jump to His presence mentally and pray to your Heart's contents.

Be genuine --  you may read a Hundred advaitha books, but very intensefully,  you have a certain material wish,  a certain material desire --  go ahead and tell it openly.  Don't try to repress it ,  rather place it under the sannidhi of the saint.

His sannidhi will take care of the rest.

We have in the history a rare opportunity --  a prayer from your side,  has the power to burn away all your three types of karma instantly,  proportionate to your sincerity.

Big feast is going on,  Grace is at our doors,  personified in the form of the saint -- whoever attracts you this very moment,  don't hold yourself.

Try this,  every moment,  eveyr second,  second to second,  day to day to any saint you feel attracted to --  after a course of time you will be suprised,  that purity of mind is right there with you. 

For what is presented before us at this point of time and space --  it may be very difficult to attain again,  we may have to wait many lifetimes to get this sort of atmosphere.

You are relatively healthy to hear and ponder over self enquiry --  you have food , shelter and clothing ,  you have all that is necessary provided by Grace --  don's miss this opportunity.

If a headache or a body pain or any disease prevents your intensity of sadhana --  don't feel shy, go ahead and pray,  ask for a fresh lease of some more years,  whatever you want ,  ask it openly,  take it and make best use of that thing to progress in your sadhana.

This auspicious Friday --  somehow I felt like writing this.

Om Shanthi

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:34:12 PM by ksksat27 »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Don't miss this opportunity -- eat in the feast to your full
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 11:45:32 AM »

Dear Krishnan,

Nice.  Thanks for the post.

Arunachala Siva.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 12:33:10 PM »

Dear Krishnan,

Nice.  Thanks for the post.

Arunachala Siva.

Welcome sir,  have a good day.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 02:00:19 PM »

Dear Kskat

Thanks for sharing your feelings on this Auspicious Friday . I am writing this from Rishikesh where I am on a personal retreat . Today had a bath in the Holy Ganges and finished Chanting Lalitha Sahasranama of holy mother .After Father Arunachla , mother Ganga is a God in Physical form for me and I very much rejoice being in touch with her every year .
Respect your feelings that you have posted here and wish u all the best in your spiritual Sadhana .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 03:05:53 PM »

Dear Kskat

Thanks for sharing your feelings on this Auspicious Friday . I am writing this from Rishikesh where I am on a personal retreat . Today had a bath in the Holy Ganges and finished Chanting Lalitha Sahasranama of holy mother .After Father Arunachla , mother Ganga is a God in Physical form for me and I very much rejoice being in touch with her every year .
Respect your feelings that you have posted here and wish u all the best in your spiritual Sadhana .

Dear Atmavichar

Very nice to read about your personal retreat.  I request you to elaborate how you plan for this pilgrimage --  single or join a group,  where do you stay ,  how long etc.

I think you read and follow lot of Swami Sivananda's teachings --  are you staying there in that ashram?  In Haridwar,  I think Ma Anandamayi math is there.   

Tell me all about your trip --  do you do tapas at the banks of ganges in Rishikesh where crystal clear stones and water will be found on the banks? 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 03:10:49 PM »

dear Atma Vichar,

I am happy you are in Rishikesh for a retreat and also had a bath in Ganga.  If it is available in Hindi or English, buy
Kasi Panchakam and Gangashtakam.  They will be a good collection for you to remember your Rikshikesh trip.

Arunachala Siva.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 04:03:46 PM »
Dear  , Kskat

Thanks for your replies .I will write in detail on my return , I just use the net for minimum communication use . I am on a personal retreat here with only my mother . This is my fifth trip to Rishikesh and I usually do it alone or with one of my close spiritual friend / close family member .I stay in a Hotel opp the Sivananda Ashram i.e near Swarg Ashram side of Ganges .More details after my return

Subramaniam Sir

Thanks for your reply . I have got Ganga Sahasranamam and daily chant Ganga Stotram of Sri Adi Shankara Charya . I do not know whether Ganga Ashtakam and Ganga Stotram are one and the same .I am trying to get a collection of as much hymns of Ganga as possible .I will try to see if I can get Kashi Panchakam as Kasi is also I  intend to visit in the coming months though Rishikesh is my most favored place for personal Sadhana and solitude .

Sending my prayers from Rishikesh  for the success in Sadhana for all the members in this forum . Will update more on my return .
Om Peace .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 04:39:54 PM »
Dear Sri Atmavichar,

Thank You for the prayers!

Have a beautiful and peaceful time in Mother Ganga embrace of Grace!

With love and prayers,

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 04:52:32 PM »
Dear Sri ksksat,

Thank You for such a nice post!

With love and prayers,

deepa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 07:09:17 AM »
Dear ksksatji,
Very true.

I used to be very intellectually focused and minsunderstood Gnana Marga to be dry thinking. When I had the fortune to meet and see my guru, inspite of my own biases, the surrender happened. Every action of his seems to be a reflection of all spiritual teaching. The scholar Eknath Easwaran writes of the time he saw Gandhi for the first time "I saw the Bhagawad Geetha". I feel the same with my guru.

I feel like a child in his presence, I feel his guidance in all sadhana. When negative thoughts arise, I feel a need to "deserve" his grace though his grace is always there. However, like you say, i also take even minor desires, worries to him and surrender them to him. I am noticing that either the problem goes away or I no longer consider them problems. I do not have to worry about what he will think of me and my petty thoughts, because his love is unconditional.

As naradha Bhakti suthram says, this devotion to guru is the only true love.. All others are conditional.
Deepa