Author Topic: Had darshan of Arunachala Ramana  (Read 3808 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Had darshan of Arunachala Ramana
« on: April 02, 2013, 11:47:57 AM »
Last weekend I had the fortune to visit Tiruvannamalai.   My original plan was to go to Tirupati on 31st March 2013.  I got a appointment darshan ticket with timing at 10 PM on Sunday.

When I did a little bit research,  I found there is a train from Thiruvannamalai to Tirupati on 31st March 2013.  So I booked a ticket in that train as it was available.

So from Bangalore I started to Tiruvannamalai on Saturday and reached there by 2 PM.

After checking in the hotel and having a quick bath,  I straight away went to Sri Ramasramam.   

I first purchased few books at the bookstall .  Avudai Akka poems book  has newly come there.  I did not buy that book.  I bought Path of Sri Ramana by Sadhu Om --  part two is only available.

Then I spent time at old meditation hall and new samadhi hall.

At 5:30 PM thought came to go to pachiamman temple.  I asked one auto guy and he told the temple will be locked.

But another auto guy was positive and took me .

Temple was open and I had darshan of Pachiamman.  It is a sort of village side temple with quite a number of Munesswaran idols kept. They told,  animal sacrifice is also performed annually.

Our Bhagavan Ramana has stayed there for some time --  not sure when and how much time.  somebody can elaborate on that.

From that temple,  I viewed arunachala hills and then went to the big temple.

I had darshan of Father Arunachaleshwara and Diivine Mother Apeethakuchamba.  As usual my favourite spot Sri Natarajar sannidhi attrated me and spent some time there.

Had taken a plastic pankaa and fanned myself occasionally.

When I came out of temple,  the Thirumurai group was chanting the famous song using a small mic.

aadhiyil agilam padaithu magzhindadhum annamalai
ninathaal mukthi thandarul purivadhum annamalai.

This song is very nice in tamil and the tone they use is also nice --

this group will chant tamil poems of various saints at Thiruvannamalai temple just before the holy tree area in the small mandapam.

I joined their chanting sitting a distance.  I know the elderly person who is the head of that group.  He had earlier given me the booklet of the above song.

He told that the next day they are going to the om nama shivaya temple just slightly above the basement of the hill --  they will chant these poems there it seems.

I did not have the holy fortune to accompany them the next day.

When I came back to hotel room,  it was paining and aching all over the body & lot of heat and sweating around my face. 

I had quick dinner and direclty went to room --  I found the flush was not working properly so i shouted at the room service people heavily.

Felt very bad almost immediatley that the ego is erupting like volcanao at the holy place of Arnachaleshwara.

The room was otherwise very good and I slept with full AC.    It is costly room and AC works in generator also.  So this helped even in power cut times at night.

But I was not ease that I could not control my anger. 

Morning I woke up late at 7 AM due to extreme need of rest esp. because of the hot sun.

Went fresh to Sri Ramana's old hall,  heard nice vedic chants at new samadhi hall and took leave of Sri Ramana's Ashram with all my thoughts crowded around Sri Ramana.

I went to Thiruvannamalai station to board the Tirupathi train.   Happy to see the same station from where all our devotees like Muruganar, Papaji and others used to alight and board.

After getting into the train,  I viewed arunachala hill with lot of love and devotion --  I wanted to stay for some more time inspite of the heat.   In the train,   I was glancing through the pages of the books I bought and all sweet memories of the trip.  I asked for pardon again and again for the angry outburst while leaving in train.

Our Father Arunachala resides there -- only to purify us from wherever stage we are.  Only to uplift the grace has incarnated there in the form of the supreme Hill of Arunachala.

Smaranaath Arunachalam.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 11:59:25 AM by ksksat27 »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Had darshan of Arunachala Ramana
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 02:45:44 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

Very nice to read about your visit to T'malai and Tirupati.  Pachiamman temple is the place where Sri Bhagavan stayed for
about 6 months due to water shortage in the Hill.  At that time, Kavyakanta Ganapati Muni, Viswanatha Swami and Kunju Swami
and a few others were with Him.  It is here Sri Bhagavan helped Muni for the last 300 slokas of Uma Sahasram.  As four disciples
were ready to take down Muni's words, Sri Bhagavan composed the slokas and routed  them through Muni's tongue.  Muni knew
that he had not composed them. As the work was completed, Sri Bhagavan asked: Enna, ellam ezhuthiAchA? What? Is everything
written down? 

Muni made several corrections in Uma Sahasram but he never touched the last three hundred slokas for any correction!

Arunachala Siva.     

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 04:04:25 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

Very nice to read about your visit to T'malai and Tirupati.  Pachiamman temple is the place where Sri Bhagavan stayed for
about 6 months due to water shortage in the Hill.  At that time, Kavyakanta Ganapati Muni, Viswanatha Swami and Kunju Swami
and a few others were with Him.  It is here Sri Bhagavan helped Muni for the last 300 slokas of Uma Sahasram.  As four disciples
were ready to take down Muni's words, Sri Bhagavan composed the slokas and routed  them through Muni's tongue.  Muni knew
that he had not composed them. As the work was completed, Sri Bhagavan asked: Enna, ellam ezhuthiAchA? What? Is everything
written down? 

Muni made several corrections in Uma Sahasram but he never touched the last three hundred slokas for any correction!

Arunachala Siva.     

thankyou Sir.  Very nice to read about Uma Sahasram epdisode.  I knew the incident but did not know it was at Pachiamman temple where it happened.

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 07:05:43 PM »
Dear Krishnanji,

I am so happy to read about your visit to T'malai and Tirupati. It is Bhagavan's grace to visit the place with so much love and reverence. We are all blessed to feel his grace. Reminds me of a verse in  Sri Sadhu Om's Sadhanai Saram,

2. The Greatness of This Birth
3. Among countless births, one like this birth of ours is very rare to achieve. Ah! When Lord Ramana has assumed a sacred body on earth, we have attained the blessed boon of becoming slave to His Holy Feet.
4. However many crores of births they may take, it is indeed very difficult for anyone to have the opportunity of gaining such a great benefit as that which is gained in this birth of ours, in which we have come to the Feet of Bhagavan Ramana, who is a rare treasure for the world. So great is the benefit of this birth.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 07:18:38 PM »
Dear Sri ksksat,

I am so happy to read about Your visit to our Fathers,Arunachala and Bhagavan. Like Lathaji said,it is indeed greatest blessing,and rare oportunity,the work of overflowing Grace and Love.
And this Grace is working in so many ways,cleaning us from impurities,from this ego illusion. So i think its nothing wrong the way You felt,and reacted. I am sure it is like that for all who visit our Holy Home.
So beautiful that You were able to enjoy in Bhagavan Blessings.

Thank You for sharing all this with us!

And dear Lathaji,beautiful verse! Thank You!

With love and prayers,

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 08:08:15 PM »
Dear Kaskat

Happy that you had darshan of Father  Arunacahala and also your trip to Tirupathi . The blessings of Shiva and Vishnu are with you now .
All the best in your sadhana .
Om Peace .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 11:06:12 AM »
Dear Kaskat

Happy that you had darshan of Father  Arunacahala and also your trip to Tirupathi . The blessings of Shiva and Vishnu are with you now .
All the best in your sadhana .
Om Peace .

Thank you Lathaji,  Jewell,  atmavicharji and others.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 03:05:34 PM »
Dear ksksat27

Very happy to hear your visit to Thiruvanamalai  . Pl hear this song
of Ilaiyaraja's Guru Ramana Geetham
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Y3Mj22KAg
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 10:37:34 AM »
Dear Ksksat27,

I had quick dinner and direclty went to room --  I found the flush was not working properly so i shouted at the room service people heavily.
Felt very bad almost immediatley that the ego is erupting like volcanao at the holy place of Arnachaleshwara.

:) The very fact that you "immediately" saw the ego in it ... is a sign of spiritual maturity.
Anger cannot be tackled directly. Because it comes from the "subconscious" ... "repressed" part of it .
to handle anger ... only way is to handle expectations ... and understand that "events are not in our control". Infact anger is not in our control ... it pops from the subconscious with full force... our contribution to it is "our meditation on a physical or mental situation" [dhyayate vishayam pumpsah sangas the upajayate... :)].
But perhaps as Ramana says, in his presence the subconscious comes out and slowly gets destroyed.
Perhaps the best approach is to ensure that no one else gets victimized for the anger that arose and then express out the anger on a pillow (:)) or something ... so that it does not get further supressed. (BTW, this is from Swami Dayananda Saraswati).ITs very important to appreciate that we should not judge ourselves coz we got angry ... but we should see that its there within and is coming out ... and then ensure someone else is not victimized. This way , we do not judge ourselves based on that anger ... it is coming from within and is now going ... we do not have any control over it ... and it also ensures others are not hurt coz of it .

Once I was going to a super market ... was having nausea with headache and there was a security gaurd who did something wrong... I shouted at him ... and then immediately went to him and apologized. He was a little surprised to see someone apologize. But then I felt that it would be further ego not to apologize ... even if it makes me feel stupid. But ofcourse to shout on him was definitely wrong.

Very nice summary Tushnim. Thankyou very much for your kind words and tips.

Even I am thinking on the lines of calling the Motel and bring that room service guy on the line and then apologize once  :)  I will seem so stupid but neverthless it removes one's guilt very quickly.  Ofcourse,  no one in that motel will remember all this and he himself would have forgotten all about it.

Becuase the other day,  I was so quite unbelievably and silently checked out  :)

On the larger picture,  I feel this incident helps me a lot -- I always say this to myself,  what you dont control in normal world,  dont try to control it when you go to arunachala. By doing so,  you are simply hiding the defect and putting it deep inside subconscious.