Author Topic: Is this self enquiry?  (Read 1033 times)

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Is this self enquiry?
« on: March 30, 2013, 09:38:40 PM »
dear friends,
A question here.When I find my mind is disturbed assailed by numerous thoughts,I ask myself to whom are these thoughts ,me ,whom am I.
This is do virtually for every thought that arises in that period till my mind becomes quiet.
Then there is a feeling of calm.
Holding onto the calm mind  and just being without trying to think anything , is that self enquiry?
Thanks,Anand.
Sundaram Anand

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Is this self enquiry?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 10:25:42 PM »
Dear Sri Anand,

Just being is self enquiry. Only,not to force Yourself to be without thoughts,but to stand appart from the thoughts. Well,actually,whenever we find ourself thinking and remember we should drawn our attention to ourselves,the thoughts are in second plane anyway,how to say. If You can watch them,You are already appart. Now its question who watch them. Just being aware of yourself is self enquiry,or better to say,Self attention. When You find Your mind calm,try to see to whom is calm mind. Those question we ask ourself also,to whom,from where,who am i,etc,are serving that purpose,to drawn whole attention to our own Self,or I. Watching ourselves. Being aware of You,and then to stay like that,just to Be.

With love and prayers,