Author Topic: “ If one is in dead earnest, this very seriousness becomes the guru.”  (Read 5961 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile

Yesterday some foreigners asked Mataji ( Ananda Mayi Ma )  questions.

Q: How can I get Self-Realization?

Ananda Mayi Ma: The Self is Swayam Prakash (self-illumined), so you need not do anything.

Q: But have we not to make an effort towards it?

Ma: Yes, there is a veil over the Self and you can remove it by your effort.

Q: What is the process towards this?

Ma: Do you really want it? Then will you do without questioning what I tell you?

Q: (hesitating) I came to India for this purpose and I regard Ramana Maharshi as my guru.

Ma: Then you must do exactly as He tells you. If you want Self-Realization and nothing else, you shall find a way. There is no doubt about it.

This is really the point and justifies what J.Krishnamurti said: “ If one is in dead earnest, this very seriousness becomes the guru.”

But who is in dead earnest?

'Death Must Die'
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dead atmavichar,

The dead earnest means very very high earnestness in Atma Vicharam.  In the book Technique of Maha Yoga, Narayana Iyer
spent almost a decade in Atma Vicharam.  He left all pujas, mantras, worships, pilgrimages, temple visits etc., for ten years
and attained Self Realization.  Of course, due to his stubborn earnestness, and with Guru Ramana's grace, he got it,

Arunachala Siva.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Dear Sri Atmavichar,

So beautiful words from Anandamayi ma. I love that picture too. She is so beautifu,so loving,and so Godly.
And yes,like Sri Subramanian also said,it is earnestness that matters mostly. We should be earnest like our life depend on that. And it really doas. :) I think that we should be absoluely obsesed with it. That there is no other thoughts except about God,and that becomes our only striving,our only wish. Atleast much stronger than all else. It is indeed work of Grace,but it also makes Grace flow abudantly.

Thank You for this beautiful post!

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 08:27:12 PM by Jewell »

ksksat27

• View Profile
Dear Sri Atmavichar,

So beautiful words from Anandamayi ma. I love that picture too. She is so beautifu,so loving,and so Godly.
And yes,like Sri Subramanian also said,it is earnestness that matters mostly. We should be earnest like our life depend on that. And it really doas. :) I think that we should be absoluely obsesed with it. That there is no other thoughts except about God,and that becomes our only striving,our only wish. Atleast much stronger than all else. It is indeed work of Grace,but it also makes Grace flow abudantly.

Thank You for this beautiful post!

With love and prayers,

I also turn to Sri Anandamayi ma quite a number of times.  You have rightly said,  about the photo jewell.  Guru comes in physical form.  If one does not adore physical form, how can he adore the formless?  Are we taking ourself to be formless now by experience?  No.  So one should appreciate the beauty in the saints.  Ignore what others are telling.

That is in the nature of Para Shakthi that beauty is revealed in her incarnations.  Only if one does not see beauty it does not befit . 

Please dont give away your devotion to such saints and the pictures --  this bhava bhakthi is the supreme nectar one can have.

Jewell

• View Profile
Dear Sri ksksat27,

Thank You so much for so kind words! Yes,so true. I remember Sri Ramakrishna said something like You,that no one can adore formless,if he didnt adore phisical form. It would be same to say that Bhagavan picture is not worth adoring,for example,and that there is no picture at all.
It is impossible not love our beautiful Mothers an Fathers,coz all beauty of this path lies exsactly in that Love itself. Bhagavan show to us that with His undieing love for Arunachala. And Selfenquiry is also Love,love for the Self.
Well,it is not something which can be chosed also. Love is state of the Being,like Sri Nisargadatta said,and it simply flows.

Thank You once more for beautiful encouragement! :)

With love and prayers,

Jewell

• View Profile
 Dear Sri Tushnim,

The point is,forms or formless,all is the Self. Then,is it possible not to love it? Do You love Bhagavan and Shankara? They are ultimatievly not separate entity,they are Bliss and Love itsel,and like such,that Love is our very being. We can know what that ultimatievly is,there is no birth no death,but on other hand,there is no reason not to look upon them like Gods. Coz they are Gods. They are That. Then what we love? It is beautiful,and it simply natural. Like eating for body survivor is. If we are on the path on Advaita,doasnt mean we should stop eating.

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 08:16:20 PM by Jewell »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Kanchi Paramacharya on Form / Formless Shiva

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Jewell

• View Profile
Beautuful quite,dear Sri  Atmavichar!

ksksat27

• View Profile
Dear Sri Tushnim,

The point is,forms or formless,all is the Self. Then,is it possible not to love it? Do You love Bhagavan and Shankara? They are ultimatievly not separate entity,they are Bliss and Love itsel,and like such,that Love is our very being. We can know what that ultimatievly is,there is no birth no death,but on other hand,there is no reason not to look upon them like Gods. Coz they are Gods. They are That. Then what we love? It is beautiful,and it simply natural. Like eating for body survivor is. If we are on the path on Advaita,doasnt mean we should stop eating.

With love and prayers,

Your name chosen for this forum itself is beautiful,  childlike --  Jewell.  It adorns the body,  adds beauty.  Soothing to hear Jewell.    Valuable Jewell is our Arunachala Shiva and Guru Ramana.  The most precious Jewells.   How can one forget all this?

Tushnim stand in the way only to increase our devotion to this beauty of Arunachala.  I wish he comments more and more against so that I become more and more a better devotee  :)  Help is provided by all forms to the subject I.  the indirect help to our ego-mind is exactly what Tushnim does.  If others all speak only 'for', our monkey mind will catch like 'why not'. Now our Tushnim always speak against,  the monkey mind turns 180 degree and gets more devotion --'how come it is like Tushnim says,  no '.  This way ego-mind greatly moves towards devotion.

Please continue your service Tushnim --   :) It is primarily why I stay in this forum ,  without you, there is no push  :)

Jewell

• View Profile
Dear Sri ksksat27,

Thank You Very much for so kind words! Yes,our most precious Jewells are our Arunachala and our Bhagavan. They are everything indeed. And,yes,all this is only to get rid of our egos,and all is just Maya play.

With love and prayers,