Author Topic: please make use of punyas properly  (Read 1693 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
please make use of punyas properly
« on: March 26, 2013, 09:27:20 AM »
In this forum, lot of debates and even heavy criticism has been happening on other saints like Aurobindo .

Let me tell all people including myself --    there are two types of karma ->  good karma & good samskaras and bad karma & bad samaskars.

When one is underdoing the effects of bad karma of past life ,  most of the time,  the person will suffer in worldly life but he may not turn to spiritual life or self enquiry.
Because bad karma generally comes only with bad samskaras and vasanas associated with it.

Sometimes ,  only bad karma will start showing the effect but it will be coupled with good samskaras and good vasanas of the past.
It is in this case,  that people who has intense material suffering will turn to atma vichara and devotion.    It is a rare gift from Ishwara --  not given to everybody.  Sins are more but it is coupled with few left over good vasanas and the person is allowed to spiritual pursuits even though suffering due to bad karma.

So they will be humbled down with the intense material suffering so they wont come to debates and all.  Especially they will not have an ease feeling to criticize other Gurus.

Now, due to his current sadhana,  the bad karma will be burnt very quickly and he will start getting the good effects of past good karma now combined with good samskaras and vasanas of past life and current life.

This is the phase where one is not having major material suffering,  is very comfortable materially and has more time also to devote to sadhana.

In this phase,  one will be given access to scritpures,  one will be given interest in teachings of great sages like Sri Ramana,  one will get oppurtunity to visit pilgrimage places with luxury,  one will be given good health to focus on meditation. 

so this is the phase where one can make maximum progress --  it is golden period.

It may last a life-time or 12 years or whatever time period.  But dont take this period for granted that it will last forever.   Make best use of it and get liberated in that phase while in the body itself.

this phase --  one can also do great damage to himself and make a great fall down without even realizaing that one is falling down due to vidhya ahankara.

In this phase of good karma and good vasanas -- you have all set right,  you have been eligible,  you have been given,  so far you have played well,  but now dont start criticizing other saints.  This will burn one's good karma very fastly.

If you are not sure of any genuineness of any saint,  give the benefit of doubt to him and stand many miles away from Him.  Dont indulge in criticizing him seeing his outward behaviour or teachings.  You never know --  be it UG or Osho or JK or whoever.     Ignore & move away but dont indulge in throwing dust at them.

Because this will reduce your good karma and punyas very fastly.   We may land up in some misery in this birth ,  which was not really ordained earlier.  Not worth of it.  Let us not spoil ourself.  This is very very important matter.  Dont be over-confident.  That I will be steady in whatever sufferig I may encounter.  We never know,  they can shake us like anything.  Yes,  suffering can shake us like anything.  We may fall into tamas.  We may miss our vairagya .

Instead,  increase your devotion to whoever saint you believe is Genuine .  This will rapidly increase your punyas and good samskaras.  With this strength, one can even burn many papas and thereby avoid many sufferings of this very birth which was earlier destined.  Sarada devi has assured this --  bad karma will lose much of its effect for a sincere devotee of a Guru like Thakur.

So let us increase our punyas and good samskaras --  by praising saints or atleast let us keep quiet.

when sweet fruit is there,  dont go towards bitter seeds of bad karma.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:34:20 AM by ksksat27 »

ksksat27

• View Profile
Re: please make use of punyas properly
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 02:48:29 PM »
Dear ksksat27,
    :) I was going on the road and I met a friend ... he was running away from a shadow. I saw him and said "Brother ! This is only a shadow" and he said "no, so and so saint (X) says this is a ghost and i need to use mantra to get rid of it". I say "Brother ... why dont you just stand here and face it to see if it is a ghost or a shadow ?" he says ... "no ... X told me , i should never face it  directly but use a mantra and get into another plane before facing it" ...

now i said "What this X says is nonsense brother! Dont go by it ..." ... and I give a reasoning ... and give quotes of another "Y" whom he believes to be a saint too ... to prove my point.
and then there is a crowd gathered :) this crowd tells me "you are accumulating papa by speaking ill of X" .. I tell them "No friends, I am not against X , i am against this whole concept of making a ghost out of a shadow ...no matter who does it" ...
well opposition is there... and many fellows say "Hey! these debates are all useless ... lets continue running away and try the mantra and it will definitely lead us to a higher plane where we can tackle these ghosts". these are believers ... they dont want to use intellect ... and they also say "dont use intellect ... ghosts dont fear intellect ... you need to get real power out of this world"! ....

hum...

What if you are not against the "so called saint" but the teaching which is an error ?

And you know pretty clearly that that idea or teaching that is presented is an error ... there is not an iota of doubt ! That clarity you have.

Udai,

"What if you are not against the "so called saint" but the teaching which is an error ?"

you generally start with the teachings and debate....but slowly you go down to also speak against the so called saint.

Annamalai Swami glorifies Aurobindo in his final talks --  because that is what mahatamas will do.

how does that matter when Sri Aurobindo takes meat?  How does that affect a great yogi?  even if he consumes liquor, it will not have any effect.

anycase, I dont want to incur unnecessary karma .........

you are taking these things very lightly..........not all saints behave in same mood in all times

Sri Aurobindo is not just yet another saint. 

for Truth all are common.......

as I told earlier,  what you are following is Sri Sankara cult, like hare krishna ISCKON cult

indiadivine.org is a best place where these type of Gurus ratings are done in full scale

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:57:45 PM by ksksat27 »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 04:56:55 PM »

Nisarga datta ate meat and smoke beedis,

Arthur Osborne left meat after several years.

Though these things help to develop sattvic mind, it is not a must.

Kaduveli Siddhar, after marrying a dancing girl, due the pressure from her and also got a child.  But he was already self realized.

Sri Bhagvan said that these are only aids to purify the mind and not a MUST.

Arunachala Siva.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 09:33:57 PM »

Reason adapts itself to the faith or argues out a justification of the instincts, but it receives the impulse subconsciously; therefore men think that they act rationally.

Thoughts and Aphorisms-Sri Aurobindo

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 09:52:18 PM »

I know that the opposite of what I say is true, but for the present what I say is still truer.

Thoughts and Aphorisms-Sri Aurobindo