Author Topic: Jesus and Ramana  (Read 2239 times)

Kicsi108

• View Profile
Jesus and Ramana
« on: March 22, 2013, 06:19:04 PM »
Namaste,

I would like to ask your kind help in collecting Bhagavan's words, teachings related to Christianity and its teaching.

I would like to know what Bhagavan thinks about Christianity, Jesus, his teachings, the Bible.
Is(n't) there a contradiction between being a Christian and a devotee of Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi? What's the difference between Jesus and Ramana?

The Bible says you cannot serve two Lords/Masters...and a friend of mine says that loving Ramana despite being a Christian is like serving two Lords/Masters...

Furtheremore Jesus says “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Does it really mean one has choose between Jesus and Ramana?

I had a talk with this friend and that's when this topic come up.
She is a Christian and I also come from Christian background but I love Ramana and His teachings as well as I respect Jesus' teachings.

Thank you for your kind help and patience.
Arunachala Ramana

Graham

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus and Ramana
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 06:24:16 PM »
There is no contradiction.

Read - “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

As - “I am 'is' the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me ('I')."

And there you have the complete truth.

Graham

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 06:28:10 PM »
Dear Graham,

Namaste. You have given the most important line of the Bible and thus shown that Jesus and Ramana are one and the same
substance  ie. I.

Arunachala Siva.

Kicsi108

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 02:51:23 PM »
Namaste to You All,

Thank you so much for sharing these. This has helped me a lot now regarding the debate over "Jesus vs Ramana".

So when talking with Christians, I can simply replace the name Ramana with Jesus...so there is no conflict, yet no 'compromise'  either. If I can understand it well.

Arunachala Shiva

Graham

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 06:40:00 AM »
Dear Kicsi108

Visit this site for the Gnostic Teachings of Christ and follow the links on the pages

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/story/heretics.html

You will find the clarity you seek there.

Graham

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 08:28:04 AM »
Dear Friend

This may interest you - http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg40235#msg40235 ("I am" quotes from christian literature / jesus)

-Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 09:14:15 AM »
Kicsi 108,

I warmly recommend the Book 'Sermon on the Mount according to Vedanta'-by Swami Prabhavananda.You may like to check this preview here:
http://books.google.co.in/books?id=6UtISmcVWgYC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

As I understand,the very word jEsu ---> yEsu -----> Isa(eesa)----->iswara,means the Supreme Lord.This is what Lord Jesus the Christ is.
Spiritual Truth is one and the same and all the Great ones have expressed and expounded it in different ways to suit the need of people with varied backgrounds,temperament and walks of life.

Namaskar