Author Topic: Sri Vidya Homam - 15.03.2013  (Read 1780 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Sri Vidya Homam - 15.03.2013
« on: March 15, 2013, 09:12:21 AM »

Today in the Asramam, Sri Vidya Homam is being conducted. A shamiana is constructed between Old Hall and Cow Lakshmi's
Samadhi and a Homa Kundam is built with bricks and the Homam is conducted from 2.30 PM.  Vedic Pandits come from many
places in Tamizh Nadu, particularly from Coimbatore. Separate food arrangements are made for Pandits and they are also
accommodated in guest rooms for two or more days.  The Homam is competed around 6.30 PM. 

Only once in 2009 I and my wife witnessed the Sri Vidya Homam in the Asramam. Veda Patasala students also participate in   
chanting mantras. 

It was Major Chadwick who started this type of Homam many many years back. Major Chadwick was also responsible for
arrangement of starting a Veda Patasala.

Sri Chakra Puja is also done on some Fridays in Mother's Temple, since there is Maha meru there.

Arunachala Siva.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: Sri Vidya Homam - 15.03.2013
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 02:03:02 PM »
What was Bhagavan's Opinion on "SriVdiya" worship ? Is there any reference to this . ( Note : I am asking about SriVidya worship and not the SriVidya Homam )
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Sri Vidya Homam - 15.03.2013
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 02:47:56 PM »
Dear atnavichar,

Originally in Mother's Temple, there was only a Lingam.  Later the Mahameru with Sri Chakra were installed, (I think it was
as per Kavyakatna Muni's suggestion.).  Then the Devi Yogamba also came to be installed simultaneously.  It was Sri
Chadwick who was interested in Veda Parayanam, also suggested Sri Vidya Homam/Sri Chakra Puja).  The latter       
is done on everry first Friday of Tamizh Month.  The Homam is done by one Coimbatore Vedapata Sala teacher and hs
Vedapatasala students once in every year. 

The Homam is elaborate.  The Sri Chakra Puja is comparatively brief.

Arunachala Siva.