Author Topic: Self enquiry by internally saying I-I  (Read 1097 times)

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Self enquiry by internally saying I-I
« on: March 14, 2013, 08:07:07 PM »
dear friends,
Can the sadhaks  here,share how the above Vichara technique of saying I-I internally is practically practiced in our day to day life .
Thanks and regards,
Anand .
Sundaram Anand

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Self enquiry by internally saying I-I
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 12:38:42 PM »
Dear Ananda Sundaram,

Sri Bhagavan said clearly in Who am I? that one should think or contemplate within I, I, to reach the Self. He did not say that
one should say I, I, internally.

Who am I? can be said internally, but it is not a mantra. 

Arunachala Siva.   

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Self enquiry by internally saying I-I
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 12:57:14 PM »
Dear Anand.Sundaram,

From my own point of view,when we start to do selfenquiry,we need to concentate on that I,and try to hold it as much as possible. Well,all attention needs to be on ourselves,when ever we remember it,and when ever we are capable. It doasnt need to be for long period initially. I was saying I,I internaly,but it is not simple saying,it is more like ,whole attention is directed towards myself. Like i am trying to asure myself it is me. I,I,and looking straight into it. Whenever You remember it,before You sleep,when You wake up. Thats the best time to do it. That I,I is needed to actually be aware of that feeling I am. To whole attention bring to Yourself. Then,with time,it can be done in any moment,no matter what we do. Exept we use concentration for something else. And in the mean time,we can do other useful practices,like japa,mantras,listening devotional songs,and generaly watch ourselves,our impulses,feelings,see how they make us react this way or another,and putting ourselves in possition to be a witness of all mental happenings,and sensations. So far,this is my experience of practice in general.

With love and prayers,