Author Topic: Judgement of God  (Read 1053 times)

silentgreen

• View Profile
Judgement of God
« on: March 12, 2013, 01:35:56 PM »
This post to narrate incidents to illustrate how one needs to reap the results of one's actions.

This is true story I read in a book. A lawyer saw a beggar on the road badly afflicted with leprosy from where pus was coming out. After giving some money the lawyer was going away, when the beggar called back:

O lawyer babu, did'nt you recognize me? I am the same person whose case you fought long back. That time you were able to save me from the judgement of the world, but see my condition now; you were'nt able to save me from the judgement of God.

This incident deeply affected the lawyer and changed his life.
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

deepa

• View Profile
Re: Judgement of God
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 06:55:07 AM »

Silentgreen-ji,
We generally see judgments from God (karma phala) as some kind of punishment. If we suffer, we believe it must be punishment for some past sin.

However, Swamiji (Swami Sharanananda) says these so-called calamities are "not punitive, but purificatory". They are meant to punish us, but help us grow/learn just as a student failing a exam is asked to re-take it in order for her to learn from it.

Atleast, it helps if we try to take it like that  :D
Deepa

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 07:29:29 AM »
So true. If you truly, ernestly and deeply believe that vasanas are your enemy and that is the one thing you want to defeat, then there is no better medicine than karma phala to achieve that goal. If you feel sad when you get bad karma phala - then your intent for vasana kshaya is mere hypocracy.

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 12:45:10 PM »
Deepaji and Sanjayji,

Yes, its very true. Karma phala is purificatory. Some describe it as reformative.

Swami Vivekananda said: Expansion is life. Contraction is death. Karma phala is the dominant means of expansion. It is through karma phala that businesses learned that if they do not serve customers better, their survival is at threat.

If one intentionally harms other, he can escape from the whole world but not from God Who is the Antaryami of everyone. The result is bound to come at the right time.

Similarly, if one does good to others, it may go unnoticed from the whole world but not from God. So it is said that deposit to God is the surest deposit. Banks can fail, but God does not fail. Either in this life or future, the result is bound to come.

Only when one's ego is totally dissolved, he goes out of the chain of karma phala and becomes an instrument of God.

Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...