Author Topic: Man's lower nature , prakrithi , maya and Self.  (Read 2473 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Man's lower nature , prakrithi , maya and Self.
« on: March 11, 2013, 04:53:54 PM »
Dear all,

No matter how much sadhana I do,  I find my lower nature burst 
out all the more vigourously as if to take revenge on me when the right conditions and circumstances arise.

I find the hold of prakrithi and maya on the highest degree on such occasions.   

The discriminating agent ,  the buddhi cannot stand before the overwhelming shores of desires and passions.

Until problems are solved,  ego is after Maharishee and self enquiry.

Relatively when there are no problems,  ego jumps to its age old vasanas.

Recently I went to my native village and happened to meet one of  my old friends who is totally material and from rural area. 

He is not that much educated or cultured as we claim ourselves to be.  He was partaking on some village festival where they drink and dance with drums,trumphet, pipes etc infront of the deity. 

It is actually supposed to be a pious religious procession but it will have  a strange mixture of elements --  those that bring one to truth and the one that distracts one from truth.

They will have divine mother nicely decorated in flowers with incense , lamps but infront if the music they will play will be of different type.  It is not cine music or anytype of entertainment songs.

But the very nature of that drum music will generally be associated with bhoga and not yoga.

It is called thappu-- thaarai in tamil.  One can google to find out more on this.

Though I was very cautious and cultured to just bypass the festivities and silently move,  deep inside,  a tint of lower nature within me could be felt beating in rhythm to the scene going on.

It is a different matter that I  dont show or express it,  but neverthless it was there .

Now seeing my old frined rushed forward to greet me.

I found upon casual enquiry that he does some farming and meat job it seems.  He is  purely non vegiterian,  hard laborious worker and a drunker as well.

Compared to his way of life --  mine is a lot more pious atleast at the outset.

His is a simple ignorant life.

Their universe is within the small village and its associated  festivities,  this ,  that etc. .   

He does not know our Maharishee and far less any term like Nirvana or self enquiry.

If he errs,  God may forgive.

But mine --  learned ignorance?  Is not it?

I sometimes feel ashamed to carry amruth in one hand and poison in another hand as Papaji rightly pointed out as an analogy.

There seems to be no end to this.

I come to reality --  I am a sadhaka ,  supposed to be meditating but is every cell in my body agrees with this?  No.  A big no.

So either man's biological nature forces him to get in tune with certain things or I require more efforts in my sadhana to change this biological nature and the genes I carry of the mankind that died before me

I dont want to take that approach of ignoring my lower nature and simply saying 'All is Self'.

Rathern I prefer to include it and rise it up --  .

To close,  I hesitated to even post this in the forum because that reveals few things about me.

But atleast let me be that much frank to admit -- probably the stepping stone to Truth and Genuine sincerity in one's sadhana.

Muruganar sung in Sannidhi Murai -- Pizhaithal Porukkum Pemaane (devotee sins but Ramana bears it patiently)

Let Maharishee bestow Grace as ever revealing Atma unto Me.

Om tat satu.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:57:24 PM by ksksat27 »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Man's lower nature , prakrithi , maya and Self.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 05:15:28 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

Who else can forgive our lower nature, but God and Self realized Jnanis?   

இழித்தனன் என்னை யானே எம்பிரான் போற்றி போற்றி
பழித்தனன் உன்னை என்னை ஆளுடைப் பாதம் போற்றி
பிழைத்தவை பொறுக்கை எல்லாம் பெரியவர் கடமை போற்றி
ஒழித்திடில் வாழ்வு போற்றி உம்பர்நாட டெம்பி ரானே. 70

Manikkavachagar says: I am a lowly person. O Lord, even I spoke ill of you!  You only forgive me of all my sins and this is the duty
of elders (ie. God and Jnanis). O Lord of heavens, please grace me and forgive me?

Arunachala Siva. 

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 05:31:30 PM »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 05:44:04 PM »
Dear Tusnim,

Lower and Higher Natures are there. Perhaps the theory of prarabdha would explain this. Rama was also there. Ravana was also
there.  Nandagopa was also there, Kamsa was also there.  Arjuna was also there, Duryodhana was also there. Annamalai Swami
was also there, Perumal Swami (who filed a case against Bhagavan) was also there.

Aunachala Siva.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 07:26:48 PM »
Dear ksksat27,
        :) What you need is not "more sadhana", but "more study of scriptures" at this juncture. This is my feel.
From a guru who knows the Truth you have to study some scriptures. Thats what you need.
not more sadhana...
when you have this, you will see how your sadhana will become very deep and then these things hardly matters.

Dear udai

Whatever you have written here is really wonderful and apt constructive advice.

I thank you for such crispy and clear advice.

I read few lines from scriptures or muruganar's works or anything from saints daily.

I also read thiruvasagam occasionally.

Only that when we fall ,  at that very moment,  one should start the enquiry who am i.   

No one is sinner --  lower nature is there for mankind only to cross over and conquer not to get upset by it.

Thanks again for your quick reply.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 07:29:08 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

Who else can forgive our lower nature, but God and Self realized Jnanis?   

இழித்தனன் என்னை யானே எம்பிரான் போற்றி போற்றி
பழித்தனன் உன்னை என்னை ஆளுடைப் பாதம் போற்றி
பிழைத்தவை பொறுக்கை எல்லாம் பெரியவர் கடமை போற்றி
ஒழித்திடில் வாழ்வு போற்றி உம்பர்நாட டெம்பி ரானே. 70

Manikkavachagar says: I am a lowly person. O Lord, even I spoke ill of you!  You only forgive me of all my sins and this is the duty
of elders (ie. God and Jnanis). O Lord of heavens, please grace me and forgive me?

Arunachala Siva.

Thanks for the beautiful gems of prayer, sir.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 07:59:29 PM »
Dear Sri ksksat27,

All that is natural. I went many times through some moments when some strong emotions totally took over me. They can be very strong,and at that moment they look very real,and justified. When all settles,we can see how they catch hold of us,make us unaware and unconscious. But i have noticed that every time when i become aware of them,when thats happening,it is great progress. No matter i do what they dictate,but with that knowing its all mind game,dont trust it,even if its in very small corner of the mind,it is a great thing. After all,we are not lower,or higher nature. We are not emotions and thoughts. That is my experience. And its good that we notice all that,but we shouldnt be sad,or feel guilt coz of it. Stright looking in the eyes of everything,boldly,but without judgment. I feel that way.

With love and prayers,