Author Topic: A suggestion-let us minimise use of alarm clocks in waking up whenever possible  (Read 1801 times)

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
dear friends,
I sincerely advise all sadhaks in this forum to maximum try to wake up with out an alarm clock.
Secondly before going to bed decide that you will not wake up abruptly and also decide  to observe your mind just prior to waking up for your daily actvities.
Practice this every morning.We will get a glimpse of the eternity that we are seeking and this will help us in our sadhana.
The above is from "Hunting the I by Lucy Cornelsen " an ashram publication which I sincerely advise all sadhaks to read.
Thanks and regards,
Anand Sundaram.
Sundaram Anand

Kicsi108

• View Profile
Dear Anand Sundaram,

Thank you so much for mentioning that book.
That will be the next one I wish to read.
I will look for that part quoted by you.

Arunachala Shiva

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear Anand Sundaram,

Lucy Cornelsen's daughter is in the Asramam!  I do not know her name but all people call her Lucy Ma's daughter.
She attends all the activities in the Asramam daily without fail. She ever wears white sari and blouse and have kumkum
on her forehead.  She also wears a Cross around her neck.  She knows a little Tamizh.  My wife used to speak to her
for some time always during our visits to the Asramam. I put Namaste and she repeats Namaste in Indian style!

Arunachala Siva.     

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Living in the moment
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 06:53:40 AM »
Bhagavan also said to M.A.Piggot that we should also live in the moment  and the Sakti knows what to do and when .
With this we should explore dispensing with schedulers/digital diaries for setting reminders etc .This will have  a two pronged advantage .
By this we will be residing in the now(since we are all self realised and self realisation is nothing new - this is our natural state) and thus capture any thought movement and easily can restore attention to the 'I'.
Secondly our worries will decrease since the Sakti anyway knows what to do when.Many of you may have observed that despite our reminders set on digital diaries etc, we in most cases act based on instinct which is none other than the impetues from the Sakti mentioned above.
Thanks and Regards,
Anand Sundaram.
Sundaram Anand

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
Subramanian sir

Dear Anand Sundaram,

Lucy Cornelsen's daughter is in the Asramam!  I do not know her name but all people call her Lucy Ma's daughter.
She attends all the activities in the Asramam daily without fail. She ever wears white sari and blouse and have kumkum
on her forehead.  She also wears a Cross around her neck.  She knows a little Tamizh.  My wife used to speak to her
for some time always during our visits to the Asramam. I put Namaste and she repeats Namaste in Indian style!

Arunachala Siva.     

Yes - I too saw her. But did not know who it was. Thanks. I also saw a very very old lady in White Salwar bieng accompanied by couple of people and made to sit on chairs during evening Samadhi Pooja and chanting time. She was too old to walk alone also. She was a foreigner clearly. Any idea on who that is if you have seen her?

-Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear Anand Sundaram,

I have also seen that old lady on the wheel chair. But I do not know her name or who she is.

Arunachala Siva.