Author Topic: Quotable quotes of UG  (Read 3386 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Quotable quotes of UG
« on: February 22, 2013, 03:18:35 PM »
i would like to present some quotable quotes of this controversial man in this thread, that were of quite meaningful in my own journey and felt it may benefit some of us. thank you.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Quotable quotes of UG
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 03:21:57 PM »
intelligence means knowing your limitations.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 03:25:32 PM »
Maya means to measure everything from one's own point of view.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 05:26:23 PM »
I am trying to stop what you are making out of what I am saying

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 09:14:35 AM »
There is no such thing as looking at something without the interference of knowledge.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 09:50:29 AM »
Very nice and thanks, Nagaraj garu. UG stayed in our neighbourhood for quite sometime during his visits to Bangalore. Core idea of UG is breaking everything you have built around you as a "shield for ego". All images and all cults are broken. When you lose hold of things you thought were yours, you start seeing beyond them. I still dont like the way (very abusive - so extreme I cant reproduce most sentences and words I heard from him here) - UG puts it across. But he will break all security barriers you have built around your ego and leave you ego stark naked for sure. He also breaks all dependencies you have as in the book "Courage to Stand Alone". Though I dont like most things about this man - he helped me immensely in breaking all barriers and dependencies on external things.

Thanks for starting this thread
Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 09:52:47 AM »
 :) yes, very true Sri Sanjay.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 09:53:18 AM »
It is fear that makes you believe that you are living and that you will be dead.What we do not want is the fear to come to an end. That is why we have invented all these new minds, new sciences,new talks, therapies, choiceless awareness and various other gimmicks.

The plain fact is that if you don't have a problem, you create one. If you don't have a problem you don't feel that you are living.
Salutations to Bhagawan

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 09:55:54 AM »
The only way for any one who is interested in finding out what this is all about is to watch how this separation is occurring, how you are separating yourself from the things that are happening around you and inside you.
---
Salutations to Bhagawan

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 04:45:35 PM »
It means there isn't anything you can do. That is total surrender, total helplessness. It can't be
brought about through any effort or volition of yours. If you want to surrender to something it's
only to get something. That's why I call it a state of total surrender. It's a state of surrender where
all effort has come to an end, where all movement in the direction of getting something has come
to an end.
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 04:46:53 PM »
The mystic experience is an extraordinary one because it is not an intellectual experience. It helps
them to look at things differently, to feel differently, to experience things differently and to
interpret the statements of the sages and seers for others. Had it not been for the mystics, the
sages would have been clean forgotten long ago. The sages don't depend upon any authority.
What they say is the authority. This the sages talked about but the mystics just had experiences.
They tried to share that through music and all kinds of things but this is not an experience which
can be shared with somebody else. This is not an experience at all.

The mystics are trying to tell you, so they are always in the field of duality, whereas the sage, or
seer, or whatever you want to call him, is in the state of undivided consciousness. He does not
know that he is a free man so for him there is no question of trying to free others. He is just there.
He talks about it and then he goes.

Gaudapada had no disciples. He refused to teach anybody. Ramana Maharshi taught nobody,
initiated nobody. Great teachers never use any authority and they do not interpret anyone. The
mystics help you to look at things differently, to interpret things differently. You cannot become a
sage through any effort. It is not in you hands. A sage cannot have a disciple. A sage cannot have a
follower because it is not an experience that can be shared. Even an ordinary experience you can't
share with others. Can you tell somebody who has never experienced sex what the sex experience
is like?
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 11:11:07 AM »
You are moving away from yourself. You have to be yourself and a path is trying to turn you into
something other than yourself. Why do you want to be somebody other than yourself? You see,
otherwise you wouldn't listen to anyone. Look here, I want to be full of feeling for everybody.
Somebody is talking about love, for example, so you want to be full of that love, whatever it is. You
are projecting a hundredfold what you think love is, for example. That's what makes it difficult for
you to be yourself.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 11:26:02 AM »
In 1939, at age 21, Krishnamurti met with renowned spiritual teacher Ramana Maharshi. Krishnamurti related that he asked Ramana, "This thing called moksha, can you give it to me?" – to which Ramana Maharshi purportedly replied, "I can give it, but can you take it?". This answer completely altered Krishnamurti's perceptions of the "spiritual path" and its practitioners, and he never again sought the counsel of "those religious people". Later, Krishnamurti would say that Maharshi's answer – which he perceived as "arrogant" – put him "back on track".

Salutations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 05:52:38 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

UG was a confused mind.  In later years he is said to have followed some path and attained realization. God only knows.

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 06:17:27 PM »
i feel, we have to adhere to the rules of the forum. It is to the best interest of visitors and members to abide by the rules of the forum, so i chose to not respond or post any information pertaining to persons subject to the rules of the forum. This also is one tapas, a discipline. However my heart feels exception for traditional Acharyas, such as Sringeri Parampara Gurus and Kanchi Maha Swami.

Since i opened this topic, just felt like expressing as morally felt obliged to respond.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta