Author Topic: Surrendering a wish to Bhagavan and Arunachala  (Read 6029 times)

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
Surrendering a wish to Bhagavan and Arunachala
« on: February 11, 2013, 02:41:25 PM »
Namaste, all:

I read in  THE HUMAN GOSPEL OF RAMANA MAHARSHI AS SHARED BY V. GANESAN 

In 1908, Kavyakantha had asked Bhagavan, ........What about my aims and ideals?‖ Bhagavan replied, ―It will be better if you throw the entire burden on the Lord. He will carry it, and you will be free. He will do his part.
[/sup]

I surrender to Arunachala and Bhagavan my wish:

That Tiruvannamalai becomes a quiet and clean town like Tirupati or Vaishnoo Devi,

That the National Highway will no longer pass by Sri Ramanasramam on the Girivalam path.

That buses and SUVs will no longer honk in the vicinity of Arunachala and disturb me while I am trying to meditate on Arunachala. 

That people wanting to do Girivalam may do so at any time of the day or night without having to dodge those IDIOT  >:(  trucks, lorries, buses and those SUVs honking and driving at break-neck speed.

That autorickshaws are not so noisy.

That dogs don't bark.

That people don't turn on their TVs and loudspeakers so loud - this includes some ashrams and small temples. I don't mind getting up at 3.30 a.m. but I certainly don't want to be awakened to what someone else thinks I should awaken to. 

I pray that there are lots of trees on the girivalam path to provide shade cover for people doing girivalam. 

I pray that Arunachala helps us do something about the noise, air and water pollution in Tiruvannamalai and shortage of clean, affordable, nice housing for those of us who want to stay for longer periods of time than what Sri Ramanasramam will allow.

If there is anything else I have missed that erks you, please add to my prayer to Bhagavan and Arunachala.

Child of Arunachala 

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 11:19:59 AM by Child of Arunachala »

deepa

• View Profile
Re: Surrendering a wish to Bhagavan and Arunachala
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 03:14:41 AM »
If there is anything else I have missed that erks you, please add to my prayer to Bhagavan and Arunachala.

Child of Arunachala 

No, Child of Arunachala, I don't have anything to add.
Since you are His child, I think Arunachala is going to be already too busy with your petitions - even granting moksha to all of us will be easier than what you ask  ;D

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »
Dear Deepa,

Not so.  :)  If Lord Vishnu and Vaishnoo Devi Maa can grant moksha to their devotees in a clean, an orderly surrounding, I think so will Lord Shiva. We only have to ask.

Some years ago, when the atmosphere around the world was very disturbed and threatening (you know what I mean), an elderly local friend of mine prayed to Arunachala that Hindus be able to visit their temples in peace and within months the atmosphere calmed down.  The friend told me later "We just have to ask" and Arunachala being the loving Father that he is, will oblige. He will do anything to make us aspire and work for moksha.

I hope you will all join me in praying for more order and cleanliness in Tiruvannamalai on the lines of Tirupati and Vaishnoo Devi.

Child of Arunachala

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »
Dear Child of Arunachala,

This I read from one Sri Ramanasramam book.  Once two Western devotees were strolling on the Hill. Someone said: Do not wish
anything. Arunachala is a wish fulfilling Hill and will grant it immediately. It was quite a hot summer and they were finding it to move
further.  The other one just said: How nice will it be if it rains?  Suddenly sharp showers poured down and they became totally wet!

How could there be sharp showers for fifteen minutes and that too in the mid-afternoon?

Smaranath bandha mochakaya Namah | says Sri Ramana Ashottaram. By mere thinking, one's bondage will be snapped. The rains
are small things. Only faith is essential.

Arunachala Siva.   

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 01:26:03 PM »
Dear Child of Arunachala

I pray to Lord Arunachala to shower his grace for keeping clean and order in Thiruvannamalai.

From Arunagiri Malai

Apart from Mother Uma and Father Arunachala 

What other family is there for all that lives? 

Speak! 

All things, diminished at first 

Through their birth, 

Grow to greatness 

By dint of long austerities.
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

deepa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 07:58:12 PM »

Child of Arunachala - I agree that things have to change. Thanks for raising the topic.

To regular TVmalai visitors/residents,
Is there something we can do to better the situation? (along with praying to Arunachala?)

Could we petition "no horn" zone and "no loudspeaker" times? Can we have the stray dogs taken to some shelter? Could we have the inner path opened only for Ramanashram residents? Or complete the girivalam pathway all through? I read about some college NSS students planting trees - can we arrange for more?

I don't know about Vaishno Devi, but TTD has taken over the management in Tirumalai, has money at disposal, probably has politician support and does a good job. How can we make that happen in TVmalai?

Pranam,
Deepa

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 02:14:37 PM »
Would a petition to the Chief Minister by long-term local residents backed by us occasional visitors to Tiruvannamalai help?  I think only a relentless campaign will do the trick. And sorry no bribes will be paid. We expect it to be done for our Arunachala.

Maybe a delegation can meet the Chief Minister or even the District Collector to start with?  What do you all think?

Any volunteers to write up a nice petition that does not sound angry but inspires the authorities to love Arunachala as much as we do.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 09:36:24 PM »
Would a petition to the Chief Minister by long-term local residents backed by us occasional visitors to Tiruvannamalai help?  I think only a relentless campaign will do the trick. And sorry no bribes will be paid. We expect it to be done for our Arunachala.

Maybe a delegation can meet the Chief Minister or even the District Collector to start with?  What do you all think?

Any volunteers to write up a nice petition that does not sound angry but inspires the authorities to love Arunachala as much as we do.

My take on this is if Ramana Ashram takes a step forward in this and request for public support then all others will follow .But we do not know whether Ramana Ashram has already taken any steps in  that direction and yet things remain as they are .
Unless the Petition is being made by a Seasoned Organization like Ramana Ashram ( with support from Other Spriitual Organizations there in Thiruvanamali  )  I doubt the Concerned authorities will take proper action in this matter . Of course we must understand the fact that Thiruvanamali is not just for Ramana  Ashram and Ramana Devotees and it is a highly populated district and has its own set of concerns and no one can take action just to satisfy the concern of Ramana Devotees .
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:42:32 PM by atmavichar100 »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 04:24:18 AM »
Dear Atmavichar,

Thank you for your thoughts. You will be surprised how much one person can accomplish. Almost all the great movements in the world were started because one person was uneasy with a situation.

I wouldn't involve Sri Ramanasramam at this stage. Sundaram and Manni anna have a lot on their hands as it is. So let's first do the ground work.  I am sure the government will also consult them before embarking on a major transformation of Tiruvannamalai.

That is the point. Tiruvannamalai has become a highly populated area with no planning of any kind. We want to change that.  Bhagavan is Big in Tiru. So I don't feel ashamed to ask the authorities to enforce order in the town. 

When you reply, please do not put my entire post in quotes again. Just reply. We are smart and will know what you are responding to.  I am sorry, I find it irksome to read posts that quote back an entire post.  I usually skip such posts   :(
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:58:20 AM by Child of Arunachala »

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 05:45:09 PM »
Dear Child of arunachala,

Lets leave the poor innocent dogs and even I feel very disturbed by these freaky wild truckers. They impose lot of threat while doing pradakshina esp while overtaking from the left side. Even the promotions of different products esp with loud speakers should be strictly banned.

The other thing which I strictly condemn is, people urinating on the right side of the sacred path which is unacceptable.

I pray this things should be reduced or avoided if possible.

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 11:16:06 AM »
Dear Vinod,

Thank you for your comments. 

Yes, definitely more public toilets - some free - so that the poor people have some place to 'go'.  Also, public education in different languages. 

One day, I was standing at the back of Sri Ramanasramam, near the storm water drain, when a worker came out, pee'd and walked away.  I thought he could so easily have gone into the public toilet in the ashram which was closer to him, yet he preferred to offer his bodily waste to the drain that takes rain water from Arunachala to the Pali Theertham.  So definitely public education and enforcement.

And don't get me started on the use of loudspeakers to promote products.  One of them is some local water company that was selling plastic bottled water at a discount rate for Girivalam and the other one was one that sells dates, puffed rice and sugar crystals.  It went on all night long.  Even closing the windows didn't help. I found out next day that it was a cassette player playing a recorded message, making it look like the buggers were making a lot of business.  All they did was to disturb my meditation and well-earned sleep after girivalam. 

I made a vow never to buy their products.  :) :P

Child of Arunachala
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:32:27 PM by Child of Arunachala »

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 09:45:02 PM »

Very true! If we stop buying these products during the girivalam it may reduce. As they say if the buying stops selling will also stop.

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 05:15:04 PM »
Hello,

Some of permanent residents I spoke to are saying that it is the noise levels that is bothering them the most. Apparently areas like Adi Annamalai and the countryside are also very noisy.  One person said he can hear the noise up on the mountain. That is awful.

So let's pray. To recap our prayer to Arunachala and Bhagavan:

Tiruvannamalai should become a quiet and clean town. If it means controlling the number of people visiting it like they do in Tirupati and Vaishnoo Devi, so be it.

That the National Highway near Sri Ramanasramam be re-routed.

That the Girivalam path be made separate from any roadway so pedestrians's lives are not put at risk.

No honking and no loudspeakers to promote products or any kind of music other than what the main temple is playing. Quiet should prevail in the vicinity of Arunachala.  (They have managed to do it in Tirupati and Vaishnoo Devi)

I pray that there are lots of trees on the girivalam path to provide shade cover for people doing girivalam - some areas are really bald -- like the main temple to Bangalore Road and from Adi Annamalai to Vellore Road ( on the left side). 

More affordable housing in Tiruvannamalai and clean water.

Public awareness programs about littering and otherwise not polluting the sacred area near Arunachala.

Lots of public toilets on the Path.

So, we have done the ground work by coming up with this list. Lets offer this prayer to Bhagavan and Arunachala.  Maybe  the big organizations in Tiru, like the Big Temple, Sri Ramanasramam and the Government will make it happen and those of us who are not full time residents will pitch in to help in whatever way we can - with donations, technical expertise, etc. or maybe it will happen some other way.

Child of Arunachala 

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:34:31 AM by Child of Arunachala »

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 10:11:48 PM »
Namaste:

I saw this in the latest Saranagati

Announcement: The Pradakshina Road and the Inner Path

The Tiruvannamalai municipality continues to make improvements to the hillround road with the widening of the road between the Ashram and the Bangalore road turn-off a few months back. urther widening is planned for other portions of the 14km hillround road for pilgrims convenience, especially to meet space demands on full moon days. Since the cramped conditions of the traditional path are being addressed, the inner path is likely to remain closed for the foreseeable future in order to reduce the likelihood of fire and give regreening initiatives a chance to thrive.

I hope this widening of the road doesn't mean more trucks and tourist buses driving on it like it were the highway.

Come, every one, please join me in praying for a clean, safe, QUIET and beautiful Tiruvannamalai

Child of Arunachala

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:30:05 AM by Child of Arunachala »

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 05:59:02 AM »

I also hope Tiru and Arunachala will stay,and be even more,oasis of peace,serenity and beauty. With less traffic and people,and more greenery and beautiful animal life.

With love and prayers,