Poll

Marital Status

I am Married
I am Unmarried but will eventually get married
I am choosing to remain Unmarried for Spiritual Quest
Undecided

Author Topic: Subject of Marriage  (Read 25363 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Subject of Marriage
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2013, 03:19:30 AM »
The Subtle Mechanism of Conscience

A virtuous man alone can use the instrument of conscience. He alone can hear the inner voice of the soul clearly. In a wicked man this faculty is dead. The sensitive nature of his conscience has been destroyed by sin or corruption. Hence he is unable to discriminate right from wrong.

If you do wrong actions and sinful deeds and treat them lightly today, you will not hesitate to perform serious crimes tomorrow. If you allow one sin to enter and dwell in your conscience, you certainly pave the way for the entry of a thousand sins. Your conscience will become blunt and lose its sensitivity. The habit of doing evil deeds will pervade the whole body like the poison of a scorpion.

When an honest man begins to take bribes for the first time, he shudders. His conscience quivers and trembles, and he feels very uneasy. If he repeats the act several times, his conscience becomes blunt. He does not feel any uneasiness at all. If a chaste man begins to visit a house of ill-fame for the first time, his conscience pricks him and he shudders. If he goes there frequently. It becomes blunt and he feels nothing. The inner mechanism of consistence is very subtle. Keep it sensitive by doing virtuous deeds only.

How to Cultivate a Pure Conscience

Always keep the conscience bright and sharp by adhering to truth, righteousness and virtue. It will be your constant, elevating companion.

Virtuous acts, charity, benevolence, nobility, generosity, acts of mercy, and practice of truthfulness, celibacy and non-injury, sharpen the conscience.Food plays an important role in the development of a pure conscience. Pure food helps a man to have a clean conscience, whereas animal food makes it impure. It produces a hard crust on the surface of the conscience and blunts it totally.

A Clear Conscience and a Guilty Conscience

A man of clear conscience is ever pure, joyful and cheerful. A man of guilty conscience is morose and cheerless.

A man of pure and clean conscience sleeps happily and wakes up happily. He moves about happily in this world. He attains happiness in this world and in the next. A man of guilty conscience is restless and unhappy in this world and in the next also.

A man with a guilty conscience is dead even while living.

Health of the Soul

A clean conscience discerns evil quickly and shuns it. A good conscience bestows on you ease, serenity, joy and happiness. It prevents calamities, troubles, afflictions and miseries.

A good conscience is the temple of God, the paradise of bliss. It helps the aspirant to reach the goal quickly.

What good health is to the body, good conscience is to the soul. There is inward satisfaction of conscience when a good action is done, when virtue is practised, when you lead a virtuous life.

The most natural beauty in the world is honesty and moral truth. Be beautiful within. Have a clean conscience, be virtuous in thought, word and deed. Physical beauty fades ultimately.

Consciousnes of the voice of wisdom speaks in all the Lord’s creations, but the little, finite, impure human intellect does not comprehend it. Purify your mind, O arrogant, self-willed man! Tune your mind-radio by cleaning it; hear His voice and become wise. The voice of the soul will lead you to safety, truth, peace and immortal bliss.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:39:03 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2013, 08:47:39 PM »
These forum discussions are addictive. Even though we gain something its a great sucker of our entire energies an focus. We must regulate ourselves.
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2013, 08:58:02 PM »
These forum discussions are addictive. Even though we gain something its a great sucker of our entire energies an focus. We must regulate ourselves.

Nagaraj

You wanted to avoid watching TV but now got caught in Net/Forum Discussions . I had already mentioned the example of a person known to me who did the same i.e avoided TV and landed up with the same problem as you ( i,e got caught up in net addiction ) .

The problem is neither in Net /Forum/TV /Cell Phone but how we regulate them as your own statement says .
Anyway being an Arunachala Forum , nothing goes waste . All discussions here definitely have some impact in due course .I myself found lot  of value in many of yours posts and comments here .

Om Peace .

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 09:01:37 PM by atmavichar100 »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2013, 09:01:21 PM »
Sri Atmavichar

The moment i opened the topic on question on television i have stopped watching tv and i pray seriously intend to carry it on. With the grace of bhagawan this also will follow when he wills. And i will know when i get that call from within.

It is possible.
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2013, 06:17:26 AM »
According to some legend an emperor when he was jailed after a bad defeat, observed a spider spinning a web, trying to make a connection from one area of the cave's roof to another. Each time the spider failed, it began again until it succeeded. Inspired by this, the emperor returned to inflict a series of defeats on the English, thus winning him more supporters and eventual victory. "if at first you don't succeed, try try again." We should always remember this watching the spider make its attempt seven times, succeeding on the eighth try! 

Point to note is that the Spider's effort on all 7 occassions were made with utter sincerity and maximum effort!

Like how Krishna says in Gita Uddharet Atmanaatmanam - the Self is both your friend (Devas) and your enemy (Asuras). When your find yourself being pulled by your own bad self (Asuras), you have to pull yourself(Devas) back again to poise.
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta