Author Topic: 139th Thaipoosam@Vadalur, Sun 27 Jan 2013  (Read 3348 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
139th Thaipoosam@Vadalur, Sun 27 Jan 2013
« on: January 27, 2013, 03:19:52 PM »

Thaipoosam 2013 will be on 27th January.
The event starts on 26th of Jan 2013 with the hoisting of Sanmarga Flag.
Jothi Darshan will be on 27th & 28th Jan 2013.
Thiru Arai Darshan, the darshan of the room in which Swami Ramalinga Vallalar dematerialized his body will be on 29th of Jan 2013.

Following are the Jothi darshan Timings on 27th & 28th Jan:

27th Jan - 6:30 AM, 10 AM, 1PM, 7PM and 10 PM

28th Jan - 5:30 AM

Background of the event:

Thiru Arutprakasa Vallalar, Swami Ramalingam

The ArutperunJothi Ramalinga Adigalar, popularly known as VALLALAR, the Great Munificient, may be regarded as the foremost of the saints and ages of the nineteenth century, considering the heights, widths, depths and intimacies of his integral realisation of the Divine in all the "inmost, inner, outer, and the outermost parts of his being".

The VALLALAR was the one who affirmed openly and clearly in an unmistakable language the deathlessness of his body which he attained by the power of what he called "Arut Perum Joti", the Vast Grace-Light of the Divine which he identified as the Truth-Light of Knowledge, Satya Jnana Joti. HE who put before the people DEATHLESSNESS of body as an essential part of the realisation of the One blissful Divine. A saint whose very soul-stuff was made of infinite love and compassion, a sage of Truth - consciousness who possessed the divine knowledge and science of deathlessness of body and attained its deathless transformation along with the self creative power of creating all substances of whatever kind including bodily substances.

Of HIS six volumes of "Arutpa" , the poems of divine inspiration, the last volume is unparalleled in spiritual history as it gives expression to his realisation of the vast world of Truth-knowledge and the Beyond, and touches on subjects like transformation and deathlessness of body .

Besides, he was a critic, writer, publisher and commentator and also had knowledge in occultism, alchemy, astrology, and medicine particularly in the nutritional and medical values of herbs and leaves. He was a musician too with a keen musical taste for lyrical songs and he composed lyrics to express, in an easier and popular style, his highest and sublime realisations of the Divine, particularly that of Truth-consciousness (Satya Jnana).

Swami Ramalinga Vallalar transformed his physical body into triple bodies of Suddha Deham (Pure Body), Pranava Deham (Letter or Sound or Mantra Body) and Gnana Deham(Wisdom Light Body).

He finally dematerialized his body on the day of Thaipoosam, 30th January 1874.

To mark his dematerialization, the event is carried out every year.
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: 139th Thaipoosam@Vadalur, Sun 27 Jan 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 03:35:36 PM »
Dear atmavichar100,

I know about Thai Poosam is important in Vadalur for Jyoti darsanam, I had never been to Vadalur or seen the darsnam.

Thanks for useful information.

Arunachala Siva.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 03:43:02 PM »
Dear atmavichar100,

I know about Thai Poosam is important in Vadalur for Jyoti darsanam, I had never been to Vadalur or seen the darsnam.

Thanks for useful information.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramaniam Sir

Thai Poosam is actually famous for Lord Subramanya and all Subramanya Temples have a festive look today and are fully crowded . But Vallalar's departure from Earth on Thai Possam day is considered very special and Vadalur will be very crowded today for "Jyothi" Darshan .
What is Karthiagai deepam Jyothi for Arunachala Devotees , Thai Poosam Jyothi is for Vallalar devotees .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 03:48:44 PM »
Dear atmavichar100,

Yes. Thai poosam is also a festival day in all Murugan temples. In Tiruttani, I am told the festival is celebrated on a grand scale.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »
Dear atmavichar100.

You wrote about Jyoti Darsanam in Vadalur day.   The place where Saint Ramalinga Swamigal stayed at the last days was
in a place called Karunguzhi. There one mantapam was constructed and there, devotees along with Swamigal would light a
Lamp and place a mirror behind it and see the Lamp's image in the mirror and pray to the Light, the Effulgence. He wrote for
this purpose for he and his devotees to sing what is called Arut Perum Jyoti Ahaval. This is a long poem and all would sing iit.
I have given first twenty couplets of this Ahaval called Arut Perum Jyoti Ahaval. 

அருட்பெருஞ் ஜோதி யருட்பெருஞ் ஜோதி
அருட்பெருஞ் ஜோதி யருட்பெருஞ் ஜோதி

அருட்சிவ நெறிசாரருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி
அருட்சிவ பதியாமருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி

ஆகம முடிமேல் ஆரண முடிமேல்
ஆகநின் றோங்கிய வருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி

இகநிலைப் பொருளாய்ப் பரநிலைப் பொருளாய்
அகமறப் பொருந்திய வருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி

இனமின்றிகபரத்திரண்டின்மேற்பொருளாய்
ஆனலின்றோங்கிய வருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி .10

உரைமனங் கடந்த வொருபெருவெளிமேல்
அரைசுசெய் தோங்கு மருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி

ஊக்கமு முணர்ச்சியுமொளிதரு மாக்கையும்
ஆக்கமு மருளிய வருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி

எல்லையில் பிறப்பெனு மிருங்கடல் கடத்தியென்
அல்லலை நீக்கிய வருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி

ஏறா நிலைமிசை யேற்றியென் றனக்கே
ஆறாறு காட்டிய வருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி

ஐயமுந்தி஡஢பு மறுத்தெனதுடம்பினுள்
ஐயமு நீக்கிய வருட்பெருஞ்ஜோதி 20

The meaning is simple to understand. In this mantapam only, Swamigal stayed for 48 days with closed doors, asking the
devotees not to open the mantapam till 49th day. During this period he merged with Space, without any trace of body remains,
and when the devotees opened the door on 49th day, they found nothing inside the mantapam!

Sri Bhagavan has also mentioned about Ramalinga Swamigal in one of His conversations.

Arunachala Siva.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 08:48:08 PM »
The place where Saint Ramalinga Swamigal stayed at the last days was
in a place called Karunguzhi.

Subramaniam Sir

Vallar last stated at Siddhi Valagham . He stayed in Karunguzhi in the earlier days .I have been to Siddhi Valagam and also seen Karunguzhi house as well as the big Sathya Gnana Sabai .

His Magnum Opus is Arut Perum Jyothi Aghaval which is 1506 lines of pure tamil and he composed it in a single night and the original written note book is still preserved in Vadalur and I have seen it when I visited there more than 10 years back .
Today Arut Perum Jyothi Aghaval is Chanted in all Vallalar Devotees house . In fact you have shared few lines of the same .
What is Arunachala Akshra Mana Malai to Bhagwan Ramana Devotees , Arut Perum Jyothi Asghaval is to Vallalar Devotees .
Vallar's poems are quite simple but have lot of depth . He uses simple words and there is an easy flow in his poems .Unlike Bhagwan Ramana's Tamil which is quite of a higher grade and tough , Vallalar's Tamil is more simple and he used soft words .

Vallalar is very close to me but expect for his path of compassion ,I could not much understand what exactly his philosophy was .  He moved away from Saiva Siddhantha and hence incurred the wrath of Traditional Saivites plus he also incurred the Wrath of Vedic Brahmins when he questioned the method of worship at Chidambaram Temple . So he moved beyond traditional Vedic Path also .

I cannot exactly say what his is exact philosophy though  the path of compassion and feeding the poor are the core of his teachings .

Om Peace .

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 08:49:14 AM »
Dear atmavichar100,

I am of the view, that Saint Ramalinga Swamigal was basically a Saiva Siddhanti but moved to advaitam in his years of maturity.

Arunachala Siva.