Author Topic: travel to Thiruvannamalai  (Read 11709 times)

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
travel to Thiruvannamalai
« on: January 20, 2013, 08:24:17 PM »
Dear friends

Looks like Bhagawan may grace me by allowing me to visit Thiruvannamalai over the weekend of FEB 2-3 from Bangalore. I have a few questions - if you can kindly advise me?

1. Since I may reach there by Saturday noon and have to start back by Sunday noon, I have roughly only 24 hours. My main aim is Girivalam. Can I do girivalam in the evening starting around 4PM ? How long would it take typically assuming I am a 40 year old with only fairly average fitness levels.

2. How is the road from Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai? Does anyone recommend driving self OR better to hire a taxi? I too find it tiring to driving from Bangalore and trying to do girivalam in evening.

Thanks
Sanjay
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:24:25 AM by sanjaya_ganesh »
Salutations to Bhagawan

latha

• View Profile
Re: travel to Thiruvannamalai
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 02:16:00 AM »
Dear Sanjayji,

I am very happy that you are getting a chance to visit Thiruvannamalai.

My husband and I did girivalam in June. My son walked part of the way and for the rest he was with the driver in the car. We started after dinner at the Ashram on our first day around 8pm. It took us around 3 and half hours. Since it was in summer it was very hot, tiring and I got blisters on my feet in spite of wearing shoes.  But in spite of being tired, I was in heaven and finding it hard to believe how blessed we were to be there. 

One advantage of starting at 4pm is that you may be able to complete before it gets very dark. When I went to Skandashramam with a swamiji the next morning, he was warning me to not walk down by myself and requested a watchman to walk with me. Please do be careful.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:23:57 AM »
Dear sanjaya,

1. It is better to engage a driver, since roads are not that good.

2. Girivalam can be done in the evening. It may take about 3 to 4 hours for a person aged around 40. In case you spend 10
minutes for each of the 8 Lingams, then it might take more.

Arunachala Siva.   

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 08:25:41 AM »
Thank you, Latha and Subramanian sir. Valid points. Will help immensely.

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 09:17:42 AM »
Sanjay all the best for your maiden Arunachala trip .
Om Peace .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 06:25:20 PM »
How wonderful!!! :)

Have a nice and safe journey,dear Sri Sanjay,and Beautiful and Peaceful time with Bhagavan and Arunachala!

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 04:19:11 PM »
Thanks. My Prarabdha Karma is becoming way too much for me to handle these days. I am hoping Girivalam with Bhagawan in mind will give me some relief.

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 06:33:24 AM »
I think i know how You feel,dear Sri Sanjay. All of us came sometime to that point when it seems like world is crushing on our head. But it will pass,it always does.
Maybe that is happening to convince us that this is illusion only,a dream,and that there is no such thing like me,You,them,this,pain,karma,only Self.

Wel,enjoy with Bhagavan,and try to relax and have only Him and Arunachala in Your thoughts.

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:43:09 AM by Jewell »

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 10:27:17 AM »
Dear Subramanian sir, others

A naive question - is there anything specific that one can perform while in Thiruvannamalai that can help reduce the burden of Prarabdha Karma? In my understanding, Girivalam is the biggest and best resort. Any advice please?

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 10:32:08 AM »
Sri Sanjay,

is there anything specific that one can perform while in Thiruvannamalai that can help reduce the burden of Prarabdha Karma?

Just go without any agenda, with the spirit, "ninnishtam ennishtam"

Don't worry or even think about reducing prarabdha karma, or anything, just go, he has already planned your trip...

Have a blessed one :)

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 10:36:05 AM »
Thanks, Nagaraj garu. Very well said. HE is very kind - he has increased my trip duration from one day to two days. What more can I ask for? He is immensely kind.

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 12:48:22 PM »

A naive question - is there anything specific that one can perform while in Thiruvannamalai that can help reduce the burden of Prarabdha Karma? In my understanding, Girivalam is the biggest and best resort. Any advice please?

Sanjay
Sanjay

Just do GiriValam chanting some names of Lord Shiva ( or the main Arunachala Siva Maha Mantra ), and spent quiet time before Bhawan's Samadhi ( go round the samadhi thrice ) and at the Old Meditation Hall and leave the rest to them .
The force that makes you come there will know how to take care of other things for you . Trust in that force and do what best you can and accept any result that comes as Ishwara's Prasada .
Have a great trip and come back spiritually refreshed .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 12:56:07 PM »
Dear sanjaya,

One can definitely contribute for bhiksha in the Asramam. There is nothing like Anna Dhanam. There are two types of it.
One is for Sadhus. You have to pay Rs 2000/- for a day. The other is for general visitors/inmates. You have to pay Rs. 3000/-
for a session. You can do either of this or both.  If you pay the amount, the Asramam authorities will do it for any day. Or
if you want to specify a special day, say, your birthday then they will also do it for that day in your name and send prasad
by post (Vibhuti and Kumkumam)

Arunachala Siva.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 01:33:25 PM »
Thanks, atmavichar100 and Sri Subramanian. These are indeed good. Will try to do everything you mentioned - hoping time permits.

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 08:25:45 AM »

Sanjay

Dear Sanjay

From my own experience,  I have felt this many times.

The relationship you have with Arunachala is very unique and cannot be interpreted by others even to a reasonable extent.

This secret kshetra has definitely the powers to burn your prarabhda karma.   Para Shakthi herself first gives you these thoughts or a feeling to pray for reducing the burden of prarabhda karma.  If she is not functioning as para,  the thoughts will not dwell inside you first of all.

Secondly,  as you reach Arunachala,  many things happen there in inexplicable ways.  Whatever place there which is opt for you or whatever activity you will peform there,  is again so tailored for you that others cannot perceive the secret behind all this.

So please start and go there,  once you reach, give yourself a free ride as and how your thoughts take you .  If strange thoughts,  undesriable thoughts arise,  just dont try to prevent them from raising.  Let it all rise and dance there.

Only criteria I have seen is to be humble, not boast one's achievement in sadhana (particularly of mind control)

Esp, if you faced issues in controlling your senses or desires or fears all these days,  probably dont try to control them in Arunachala.  Reveal yourself as it is to Father Arunachala.  He will take care the rest.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:28:42 AM by ksksat27 »