Author Topic: Previous birth  (Read 2457 times)

silence

• View Profile
Previous birth
« on: January 19, 2013, 01:41:17 PM »
What do vasanas say about the previous birth? If a person has an explosive temper, does that mean he was a warrior in his previous life? Or if a person is gifted in music, does that mean he was a musician last time and he has unfinished business?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Previous birth
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 01:53:54 PM »
Dear silence,

How the Vasanas show themselves up in the current birth cannot be guessed. We can only say that bad vasanas result in
bad character or bad bodily defects and good vasanas give good birth with spiritual inclinations.

Arunachala Siva.

silence

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 10:52:58 AM »
Dear sir,

I am sometimes experiencing rage to the point where I think of physically harming people. That I don't harm them is another matter, but the rage I experience is real. Explosive rage, very scary. Most likely, I was a killer in my previous birth. 

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 03:10:25 PM »
Dear Silence,

we all have double characters within ourselves, one of an angel and one of the demon, there is always a fight between the devas and asuras, aspiration towards satva guna always helps over come the demon or the asuras.

Harih Om
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 03:23:52 PM »
Dear silence,

It is not possible to avoid rage completely. Saint Tiruvalluvar says 'Even those who are the peak of good character, cannot control
if get angered even for a second.  There are one or two ways:

1. Leave that place where the object or person makes you angry, immediately.

2. Come to the kitchen and drink one full liter of water and count 1 to 10. You will find your rage is subdued.

If the rage is for sattvic reasons, say when you are reading Sri Ramana's books, someone rings the bell and comes in to talk
to you useless things. You can show your anger a little bit and politely ask him to come sometime later.

Arunachala Siva.   

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 04:13:55 PM »
It is true that there is always so called good us and so called bad us fighting with eachother. But i started to think that,in essence,there is no good me or bad me. It is all play of the nature. The wiell of life is spining,and all these things alternate. Sure,some are more satvic,some more tamastic,but we are neither. It is not good to be attached to any quality,coz it is only nature quality,dont belongs to us. Balance is most important,or raising above qualities altogether. Disindentification with tamas,like with satwa also. It is the nature of Maya that all that is constantly changing,it is duality.

That sure doasnt mean we should be bad,and like Sri Nagaraj said,we should aspire only for good things,coz they make us beautiful,and close to God. So long we indetify ourself with gunnas,we are slaves of their bad affect. But,i was thinking how it really is in essence. Disindetification with everything is essential. When it is possible sure.

For me best thing for rage,anger,lust,is to see what are the reasons behind them. Always is some reason. And sometimes we need to use our energy wisely,to chanel it to things we love to do,but are not destructive. Anger is usualy deep pain,sort of rebellion, and accumulated energy.

With love and prayers,

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 08:05:34 AM »
Dear sirs,

Yes. we are made of three gunas. Rajo gunam is needed in some places. Like for kings, rulers to keep away the enemies to protect his kingdom.
But for sadhakas, some people are lucky to go to sources and do self enquiry but not for all. I agree with Tshunam ji, like taking pillow and drain the anger. For ladies, who are in Bhagavan's path, I suggest whener anger comes up, we should make dough chanting rama rama. In my experience the dough comes so smooth. Chapatis will come soo soft. I feel, all the energies should be recycled in positive away.

Bharathi says, ROUDRAM PAZHAGU. I do not know what is the real meaning.

Ramanaduli

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 08:43:50 AM »
Dear ramanaduli,

Rudram pazhagu  means try to learn anger, which should be sattvic. One should also become angry occasionally, with people
who troubling you, but that anger should be sattvic, that is not creating injury to the person. Sri Bhagavan also sometimes
became angry with attendants and devotees, but that is to correct them.  So one should learn anger for such purposes.

Arunachala Siva. 

silence

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 09:54:55 PM »
Dear friends,

thanks for all the replies. In my case, the rage also comes suddenly as if in a flash when nobody is around. My memory conjures up images of people who wronged me in the past, and I get angry. Most of the time my anger is due to the injustice I suffered/suffer. So it is hard to control, especially when I feel it is justified on some level.

Silence

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 01:04:38 AM »
Dear Silenceji,

I have heard in a discourse by Sri Nochurji that anger should be seen as originating from God. This will reduce the anger as the energy will get diverted to thinking of God instead. An example given was a husband faced by an angry wife. One day she approached him with a lot of anger and  he immediately prayed to her for coming in the form of  Goddess Durga. The surprised wife started laughing and forgot her anger!

I have reflected on this a lot and find it very helpful. Anger or any other emotion is not the problem but how we react to it. We need to understand that  God/Self is the source of everything. When we get angry, instead of reacting immediately and feeling guilty or ashamed later, if we can pause and reflect, enquire or pray, we can stop acting out our anger. Hope this helps.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

aleksandr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 12:59:49 PM »
Dear silence,

What Latha says should definitely be thought of. Even further than that, one must also keep in mind that Bhagavan is said to be manifested in all of creation (this includes those who have wronged you or those you have directed your anger towards). At the very least utilize your moments of anger as an opportunity to practice self-control.

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 06:56:51 AM »
Dear sirs,

When the anger arises, it closes the intellect. That time people forget who is infront, whether to react or not. Some people after reacting, they may realise it is wrong to bring out anger. Some people they argue that they are right.
It is only possible for those, who are doing sadhana, they may aware when anger is rising within themselves. And they may handle it nicely by chanting any mantra.  The person who does sadhana, he would not react towards the person who shouts at him. That sadhak will realise God is everywhere, but not others.

Ramanaduli