Author Topic: Pointers from Bhagavan - For Discussions  (Read 2694 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Pointers from Bhagavan - For Discussions
« on: January 17, 2013, 07:07:58 PM »
Dear All

I have opened a separate thread  "Pointers from Bhagwan - For Reading Only " .
The link to the same is given below :
http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=7564.0
That is only for contemplative reading and reflection .This thread is to discuss / pass comments on what has been read in the other thread .
Om Peace .
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:56:09 PM by atmavichar100 »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Pointers from Bhagwan - For Discussions
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 07:14:34 PM »
Dear atmavichar100,

Many householders, why even others come to Sri Bhagavan with a variety of requests, like their son/daughter to be married,
they should get some job, their disease should be cured etc., etc. Mere gaze of Sri Bhagavan or His Presence from which flows
the Grace are sufficient to have these things happen.
Since He has no sankalpa, thought, He does not bless them with words, However things do happen, of course, depending on
one's virulence of  prarabdha effect.  Most of the devotees's request had become a reality.  There were at least two cases where
dead came alive due to His gaze of their bodies.  But He will merely say, that it is all Arunachala's Grace. Never He owned up any
credits. 

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 07:18:27 PM »
Dear atmavichar100,

My own anxiety neurosis, (which had happened due to my resigning of job, and consequential financial problems) got cured,
by merely sitting before Him in Samadhi Hall, and crying bitterly.

Arunachala Siva.     

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 07:21:07 PM »
Tushnim , Subramaniam Sir

Appreciate your comments . Each and every individual relate to Bhagwan differently . Some are attached to the form of Bhagwan ( his picture ) ,some to his teachings , some to the Institution i.e Ramana Ashram ( in his absence they feel that is the place where one can feel his presence most ) and some a combination of all the above  .
For me Bhagwan's life is itself a great teaching and the book "Living by the Words of Bhagwan " and "Power of Presence " are equal to Upanishads  of course Bahgwan's Tamil Works like Ashara Mana Malai are equal to Vedic Hymns .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 07:27:09 PM »
Dear Atmavichar100,

You wrote about Aksharamanamalai and Tiruppugzh verses. I propose to write the gist of that book, soon.

Arunachala Siva.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 08:10:24 PM »
Dear Atmavichar100,

You wrote about Aksharamanamalai and Tiruppugzh verses. I propose to write the gist of that book, soon.

Arunachala Siva.

Sure Subramaniam Sir

Hoping to get the inputs of the same from you .

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 01:16:29 PM »
Pointer - 11

INFLUENCE OF GUNAS

A man from Cocanada asked: “My mind remains clear for two or three days and turns dull for the next two or three days; and so it alternates. What is it due to?”
M.: It is quite natural; it is the play of brightness (satva), activity (rajas) and darkness (tamas) alternating. Do not regret the tamas; but when satva comes into play, hold on to it fast and make the best of it.

Talk 52.

With regards to the above pointer Bhagavn has given a very crisp but effective tool on how to handle the Gunas .No doubt all spiritual teachings say "We are not the Gunas " but among the 3 Gunas Sattva is the best and we have many teachers also point out that even a thought of doing prayer ,meditation ,attending a stasang , reading a spiritual book , going on a pilgrimage etc etc is a great blessing as these thoughts are pure sattvic thoughts that do not come easily to normal person in this busy world which is full of rajas and tamas . Now we can see why Bhagavan asks as to make full use of Sattva when it comes to play . Sattva is good to do Spiritual Sadhana and burn our impurities and get lot of punya so that later when we face difficulties these punyas will act as shock absorbers and save us from the from the full impact of difficult circumstances .

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 11:45:04 AM »
Pointer - 15

PROFESSOR KRISHNAMURTI ABOUT BHAGAVAN

Prof Krishnamurti Aiyer, an enlightened professor of physics said about Bhagavan:

" I observed the personal habits of Bhagavan and tried to follow his example. One noticed in Bhagavan's daily life, personal cleanliness, tidiness of dress, habitual wearing of vibhuti and kumkum on the forehead; equal sharing of all enjoyments with those around one; strict adherence to a time schedule; doing useful work however 'low' it be; never leaving a work unfinished; the pursuit of perfection in every action; ... never considering oneself superior to others; speaking the truth always, or strict silence if the expression of a truth would hurt or lower the reputation of others; perfect self-help, never asking another to do a piece of work which can be done by oneself; taking full responsibility for failure, if any, without shifting the blame on others; accepting success and failure with equanimity; never disturbing the peace of another; leaving the leaf-plate or plate clean after eating; complete non-interference in the affairs of others..."

In Bhagavad Gita , Lord Krishna talks about various qualities an Enlightened person will have and Bhagavan Ramana has all those qualities mentioned as the above list given by Prof Krishmanurti proves it .