Author Topic: Why does the Self project the world?  (Read 1291 times)

silence

• View Profile
Why does the Self project the world?
« on: January 16, 2013, 10:49:32 PM »
Friends,

There is nothing other than the Self, which means anything other than the self (like the world, mind etc.) must be its projection. If it weren't for this projection, there would be no world, we wouldn't be caught in this illusion etc. etc. So my question is, why does the self have this power to project at all (which is the cause of our sorrow)?

Silence

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Why does the Self project the world?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 11:54:08 PM »
Dear Silence,

I actually dont know what makes Supreme to project this world,to project at all. Maybe it is Its Play,the way and play of Love. I can only guess. To me it looks like hide and seek game. And the sorow is again our own projection,belonging to false I and identity,which,again,broth this suffering. It is indeed wonder of wonders,very complex and mysterious.

With love and prayers,

Vladimir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 01:19:59 AM »
Friends,

There is nothing other than the Self, which means anything other than the self (like the world, mind etc.) must be its projection. If it weren't for this projection, there would be no world, we wouldn't be caught in this illusion etc. etc. So my question is, why does the self have this power to project at all (which is the cause of our sorrow)?

Silence

Dear Silence,

We often forget that all our questions are body related questions only. We try to apply bodily knowledge to Something that is beyond. The Self does not need any answers. So, a projection which is itself imaginary asks about its own concept of its origin.
It's going to receive some imaginary answers to get its conceptual fortress stronger insteed of to surrender it.
'Our sorrow' -- whose sorrow? The Self's sorrow? Does the Self know any sorrow?
If you willingly identify yourself with this bodily knowledge, you're already trapped and no answer can help it. Don't trust this mirage even in a spiritual mask. Don't trust my answer ;) trust only yourSelf

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 08:23:32 AM »
Dear silence,

I agree with Vladimir. The Self is like Sun and its heat is like manifested world. One can enjoy the Self alone (Sun alone) without
being scorched by the heat (the world) by remaining inside the house or going out with an umbrella (self inquiry).

Arunachala Siva.