Author Topic: Naming Baby  (Read 2651 times)

SLakshmi

• View Profile
Naming Baby
« on: January 14, 2013, 02:30:39 PM »
Friends,

My son was born in september 2012.  We wish to name him after bhagavan, his teaching, devotees or arunachala. I have been having a tough time thinking of names that would have relevance to bhagavan, arunachala and his teachings. The name, ideally should start with the letter 'k'. Would be very happy if you could provide me with some inputs. :)

Thanks for all your blessings,

Lakshmi

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: Naming Baby
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 03:07:12 PM »
Friends,

My son was born in september 2012.  We wish to name him after bhagavan, his teaching, devotees or arunachala. I have been having a tough time thinking of names that would have relevance to bhagavan, arunachala and his teachings. The name, ideally should start with the letter 'k'. Would be very happy if you could provide me with some inputs. :)

Thanks for all your blessings,

Lakshmi
Congrats on being blessed with a Baby Son

Since Bhagwan is considered to be Lord Subramanya himself and you want the name to start with "K" ,I suggest the name : Karthik , Karthikeyan , Kumaran , Kumar 

Om Peace
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 03:09:39 PM »
Dear S. Lakshmi,

I agree with Atmavichar100.  If you still want one more alternate it could Karunakaran. Karuna = compassion and grace.
Sri Bhagavan is the embodiment of Grace.

Arunachala Siva,

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 03:15:12 PM »
Dear Sri SLakshmi,

Congratulation on the birth of your son. may Sri Bhagwan's Grace and Blessing be ever with Him!
As a hint, I suggest 'Sri Karunapurneshwar Ramanachal' as his name.

Pranam,
  Anil

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 03:57:20 PM »
SLakshmi,
May Sri Bhagavan's Blessings be ever with you,your family and the new born!
All names are Sri Bhagavan's only.I suggest the name 'Ramana' as every time you call him ,you will recall the Presence of Sri Bhagavan.You may consider an alias for him as 'Krishna' that begins with the letter 'K';irrespective of whether we we call him 'ramana' or 'Krishna',we recall Ramana bhagavan or Krishna bhagavan,the Gita acharya-and Both the names  are same-Venkataraman.
Importantly the name should be such that the child when he grows up as a 'boy' and 'Man' should be able to carry without someone trying to shorten it.A short name will make it easy to write it in the passport,Ration card or bank passbook  or wherever needed.
Namaskar.

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 04:41:12 PM »
Kindness ... Kind , for short
 :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 04:50:00 PM »
Dear SLakshmi,

Congratulations for the birth of the son! How wonderful!!!

May Bhagavan and Arunachala's Grace and Love be always upon him!

With love and prayers,

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 05:29:48 PM »
Madam

The names given by Atmavichar is nice.  I  have seen this  name  from this forum Krpasindhuh - The merciful One.
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 08:37:33 PM »
Dear Lakshmiji,

Congratulations! May Bhagavan's grace and blessings be on your son and family for ever. Karthik (as suggested already) is a wonderful name since Bhagavan was thought by many to be Lord Subramanya.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

SLakshmi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 07:07:54 PM »
Friends,

Firstly, thank you to all devotees who so lovingly suggested names for my son. A zillion thanks! The names suggested by you all just felt very special and wonderful, as though coming from bhagavan himself!

As suggested by atmavichar ji, we have named our son karthikeyan. His other name [sarma] is swaminathan. It is interesting to note here that even our kula deivam is palani subramania swamy!

I am absolutely sure that i was bhagavan himself who gave those names through you all. :)

He is 5 months old now [ yes! its taken us that long to name him!] and i plan to take him to ashram asap. last year too i couldnt go to the ashram, so this year  i do plan to go with the family. I am sure that, that morning idly from ashram for karthikeyan will keep him healthy and away from all health troubles for life! Such is the speciality of our ashram prasadam. I feel very blessed that karthikeyan will grow up to run around in the ashram and imbibe good teachings/habits through osmosis.

Thanks a lot again friends :)

bests,

Lakshmi

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 07:42:37 PM »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 09:38:56 PM »
Friends,

Firstly, thank you to all devotees who so lovingly suggested names for my son. A zillion thanks! The names suggested by you all just felt very special and wonderful, as though coming from bhagavan himself!

As suggested by atmavichar ji, we have named our son karthikeyan. His other name [sarma] is swaminathan. It is interesting to note here that even our kula deivam is palani subramania swamy!

I am absolutely sure that i was bhagavan himself who gave those names through you all. :)

He is 5 months old now [ yes! its taken us that long to name him!] and i plan to take him to ashram asap. last year too i couldnt go to the ashram, so this year  i do plan to go with the family. I am sure that, that morning idly from ashram for karthikeyan will keep him healthy and away from all health troubles for life! Such is the speciality of our ashram prasadam. I feel very blessed that karthikeyan will grow up to run around in the ashram and imbibe good teachings/habits through osmosis.

Thanks a lot again friends :)

bests,

Lakshmi

Dear Lakshmiji

Happy that you have chosen the name of your child as Karthikeyan .
Lord Subramanya is also my favorite deity and also our family deity .
May the blessings of Lord Subramanya and Bhagwan Ramana ( who is also Lord Subramanya ) be on you and your family and definitely a visit to Ramana Ashram with ur baby will be very auspicious for the baby as well as for all of you .
Om Peace
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

SLakshmi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 10:12:46 PM »
Ganesh,

You just made my day! simply wonderful. Did you notice the absolute joy and glee at bhagavan's face when he plays with that kid! such innocence from THE master! How do they do it! Phew!

Atmachvicharji,

Thank you :)

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 11:39:15 PM »
Dear Sri SLakshmi,

It is so beautiful that You gave Your son name which Sri Atmavichar sugested. Wonderful indeed. May Bhagavan Bless Him!

And fantastic video from Sri Nagaraj! Absolutely charming and breath taking.

With love and prayers,

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 11:49:24 PM »
SLakshmi,
May the Blessings of Sri bhagavan be ever with child Kathikeyan and your family.Swaminathan is also the poorvashrama name of Kanchi Mahaperiyava.The Child is twice Blessed!
Namaskar.