Author Topic: Self enquiry  (Read 1313 times)

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
Self enquiry
« on: January 12, 2013, 06:43:58 AM »
Dear friends,
I wanted friends here to share their views on one topic.Since we read that as much as there is grace operating,there are  pitfalls as well,  in any path to God including self enquiry and particularly with respect to self enquiry,I felt I needed a feedback on below.
Suppose in this life we were practising self enquiry in some way   and to whatever degree of success maybe even just getting introduced to it at fag end of one's life,and also being just  introduced to Bhagavan RAmana MAharshi at the fag end of one's life , in case of incomplete sadhana will we in our subsequent births be graced by both -i.e recollect Bhagavan RAmana and also continue the self enquiry.
Regards,
Anand Sundaram.
Sundaram Anand

latha

• View Profile
Re: Self enquiry
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 08:40:45 AM »
Dear Anandji,

One of the first messages about Bhagavan that touched my heart is when I heard Sri Nochurji say the following. A lady was telling her little daughter pointing to Bhagavan "Naan shashvatam illai, ivar than shashvatam, ivar kayyai puduchiko" (I am not permanent, only Bhagavan is permanent so hold his hand). Bhagavan is permanent and will definitely not let go of us. Also another example that comes to mind is, a devotee who feels his grace is like a prey caught in a tiger's mouth which will never be let go of.  I trust Bhagavan will continue to help us until we need help, even if it takes lifetimes.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
Dear latha,

Yes. Guru is like a tiger. If you go to him and if he looks at you, you are immediately in his jaws. You can never escape from being
consumed (i.e. the ego is eaten up.). Saint Manikkavachagar calls Siva as uyir uNNi, one who eats the ego. Siva is said to be
the destroyer. In fact, He is the destroyer of ego.

Arunachala Siva.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 10:50:41 AM »
Anand

Lord has already clarified this in crystal clear language in Gita as Arjuna had the exact sane doubt in Chapter 6.

Chapter 6 Verse 43 of Gita says

tatra taḿ buddhi-saḿyogaḿ
labhate paurva-dehikam
yatate ca tato bhūyaḥ
saḿsiddhau kuru-nandana

On taking such a birth, he revives the divine consciousness of his previous life, and he again tries to make further progress in order to achieve complete success, O son of Kuru

Lord further says that every knowledge is lost at death except this one knowledge.

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 11:44:17 PM »
there is no path to god .
who you think is traveling a path is only a thought .
reincarnation happens every time you think who you are .
when this body dies there will be no more thoughts or reincarnation of who you think you are .
who you really are , awareness itself , will be unchanged .
self investigation is for now , not in some imagined after life .
 :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 01:54:28 AM »
Dear Anand Sundaram,

Self inquiry,or all our sadhana,everything we do on the path to Divine,our connection with Bhagavan,our meeting with Him,in any way,all that is taking us only closer to Him,to our real nature. No matter how much that sounds strange...taking us to our real nature...
Everything we do is counting,and it wont go waisted. In that i am sure.

But,the point is that way of the Bhagavan and self inquiry can never lead us to the pitfails of any kind,if our Faith and Trust,and Love are there. With Him holding our hand,we will sure reach the goal.

Bhagavan,Sadguru,is something most Beautiful which can happen to us all.

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:31:26 AM by Jewell »