Author Topic: Maha Guru Darsanam - 7,8 and 9th Jan 2013.  (Read 3601 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Maha Guru Darsanam - 7,8 and 9th Jan 2013.
« on: January 09, 2013, 06:59:28 PM »
Dear All,

I and my wife left for Tiruvannamalai on the early morning of 7th instant by car. We started by 5 am. The trip was wonderful,
but for the usual hiccups about the road (more about it later). We were given a beautiful room in Morvi Gust House, which has
been 90% complete and guests are being accommodated from Jayanti Day. We were two of the early birds. (more about the room
and construction later). The temple darsan was difficult due to milling crowds of Ayyapa Devotees, and Melmaruvathur Adi Parasakti
devotees (women in red saris. (more about it later). The darsan of Sri Ramaneswara Maha Lingam was heart warming on all the three
days. We met one gentleman by C.K. Khanna, his wife, his daughter, and the grandchild. (more about him later). While getting out of
the car on 8th night, (after Tamizh Parayana and night food), I had a moderate accident. (more about it later.)

In all darsan was wonderful. Sri Ramanarapanamasthu.

Arunachala Siva.               

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: Maha Guru Darsanam - 7,8 and 9th Jan 2013.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 07:38:02 PM »
. While getting out of
the car on 8th night, (after Tamizh Parayana and night food), I had a moderate accident. (more about it later.)

Subramaniam Sir

I am happy that you visited Ramana Ashram . I hope the accident was not a major one and you are fine ? Kindly update later when you have time .
Om Peace
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 07:46:41 PM »
Subramanian sir

I was wondering how come for last 3 days you were not posting. Good to know about the trip. Hope you are good.

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 07:48:36 PM »
Dear Tusnim and atmavichar,

I do not know photography. So I did not take any photos. My wife took a couple, from her cellphone. My accident was only that
my left hand thumb got rushed on top, when I was holding the back door and talking to driver on 8th instant programme. My
wife closed the back door and my thumb got in between and up to the nail, it became blue (with blood clot) and blood oozed out
from the side of the nails. I took a band aid and put a bandage and kept the hand upright so that more blood will not reach the nail.

I slept with some difficulty. Today I  changed the band aid. The nail looks blue. But no further pain.

'"I have bad consciousness. But I did not weep. And my wife told hundred sorry and I told about Sri Bhagavan and both of us went
to sleep sometime around 9.30 PM and got up today at 4.30 am  for readying ourselves for Milk Puja which starts at 6.00 am.

Arunachala Siva. 

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 10:47:34 PM »
Dear Subramanian Sir

Bhagavan grace showers on you to relieve the pain
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 12:25:34 AM »
get well soon
my best wishes
 :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 06:30:32 AM »
07.01.2013:

We reached Tiruvannamalai at 10.30 am. We went straight to have the arti of the morning for Sri Ramaneswara Mahalingam,
after getting the room key for Morvi Guest House.  We went to the room. The entire Morvi Compound guest rooms have been
re-built and the work is almost over. The rooms are of excellent quality. Firstly, there is a power back up for all the 24 hours,
and one need not bother about power cuts in Tiruvannamalai if you get Morvi Guest Room. The flooring, window screens,
attached bathroom/toilets are of superlative quality. There is also geyser facility for hot water for bathing. The lightings are
of modern types.

We left our luggage there and rushed to the Asramam and had a quick glance at the books in the Book Stall. Again went
to Mother's Temple to have darshan of Sri Matrubhuteswara Lingam and Yogamba, had a pradakshina, also had darshan
of Natarja and Sivakamavalli. We then adjourned for lunch. Being Dhanur month, everywhere there have been nice kolams
(drawings with rice flour and color powders, on the washed floors) and the Asramam has a got festive and fresh look.

The weather in T'malai is moderately warm and pleasant. Azhgamma Tirtham (well) is half full as usual. Pali Tirtham is
also full. There were, however only a few peacocks and peahens and monkeys.

The lunch was served with the delicacy of sweet pongal and pepper containing salt pongal.

We met our usual regular friends. Alamelu, the middle aged lady who has been there for almost 5 years a now, the old
KBS Mani Iyer, a Japanese lady who has been doing guru seva again for almost 5 to 7 years, name not known, and a few
others.

We came back and took rest up to 3 pm and then again went to the Asramam. To our surprise Ribhu Gita chanting was on!
In Mother's Temple, under the photo of Sri Bhagavan, in the outer portal, a small group was chanting Ribhu Gita and we also
joined. On 7th, we chanted Ch. 39 and 40. It took about 45 minutes. At 3.45 was the tea/coffee break.

At 4 pm., the book reading started. First, the Tamizh book reading. This time, Sri Bhagavad Vachanamrutam, Talks translated in
Tamizh by Viswanatha Swami was read. Under English, David Godman's the Power of the Presence, Volume 2, (Lakshmana Swamy's
story) was read out. It was over by 4.50 pm.

At 5 pm. ahishekam, alankaram and detailed arti for Sri Ramaneswara Lingam commenced and we had a good darshan. In
between I did pradakshina around the Samadhi. The arti was shown at 6 pm.

The parayana started at 6.20 pm. Being Monday, it was Sri Arunachala Stuti Panchakam. After parayana, we took our night
dinner and returned to the room at 8.00 pm., Being travel weary, we went to sleep at about 9 pm.

We were told that Tiruembaavai parayana takes place at 4 am., every morning. We could not attend that however, since
we did not want to trouble the cab driver that early.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.                 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 06:55:50 AM »

It was Tuesday. With such a convenient room, we could take hot water bath in the early morning, and rushed to the
Asramam by 6.30 am., for Milk Puja. After getting prasadam of milk after milk puja, we had our breakfast at 7 am.

Today we had some spare time after break fast. So as soon as the book stall opened, we went in and my wife took
the Tamizh Parayana Tirattu (containing weekly parayana songs). I looked for old issues of Mountain Path, since
there is are no new books. I could get bound issues of 1972 and 1975 Mountain Path, very old ones, at a price of Rs 20/-
for each bound volume!

We then went around the Hill in car since I cannot do giri pradakshina due to my weak knees. We had darshan of Isanya Lingam
en route. Isanya Desika Math was closed for no known reason.

The afternoon was as usual. Ribhu Gita reading covered Ch. 41 and 42.   After tea, book reading of Bhagavad Vachanamrutam
and the Power of the Presence were continued.

We had darsan of evening arti. I did some pradakshina.  The evening parayana had Upadesa Undiyar and Ulladu Narpadu.
We had our night dinner. We returned to the room at 8 pm.  Only when I was getting out of the car, my left hand thumb
got crushed. With some bandaging, I slept with some difficulty.

contd.,

Arunachala Siva.     

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 07:41:19 AM »
Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,

I am happy to learn that you had been to Sri Ramanasramam, but shocked to know that your finger was badly bruised and hurt there. Perhaps this is the way of the Divine to exhaust His devotees’ Karma by lessening it and instead subjecting them to minor hurt and lesser suffering. I pray to Him so that the hurt and bruise in your finger is healed and you get well soon.

Thanks very much, sir.
Pranam,
  Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 08:07:35 AM »
Dear Anil,

I am not sure. May be. I don't know.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 08:39:31 AM »
09.01.2013:

This day, we had been to the Asramam for the morning arti and then adjourned for breakfast. During breakfast, beside me,
a family from North India, gentleman, his wife, his daughter and the daughter's small kid sat. The gentleman started talking to
me. I told him that I have been coming to the Asramam two or three times a year. Then he said that he has been coming from
Delhi, he is a retired Voltas Ltd., officer and he has been coming twice a year. He added that his name is C.K. Khanna and he is the
son of H.C. Khanna and Mrs. Khanna who have been Sri Bhagavan's devotees and their conversations with Sri Bhagavan have been
recorded in Day by Day (Pages 244, 261-262 and 266)!  I was thrilled to hear this and I told him that he and his family are really
blessed to have parents who are Sri Bhagavan's devotees. His mother tells Sri Bhagavan: (28.6.1946) "I am not learned in scriptures
and I find the method of Self Inquiry too hard for me. I am a woman with seven children and a lot of household cares, and it leaves
me little time for meditation, I request Bhagavan to give me some simpler and easier method."   Sri Bhagavan, inter alia replies:
"If you can do nothing more, at least continue saying Aham, Aham to yourself mentally all the time, as advised in Who am I?"     

I was then told by Mr. K.C. Khanna that his father H.C. Khanna stayed permanently in the Asramam in later years and merged
in Arunachala. His tomb is there along with those of Chadwick, Cohen and Lucy Ma, in Korangu Thottam. I told Mr. Khanna that
I am extremely happy to have met him, whose family is servitors of Sri Bhagavan. Mr. Khanna almost had tears.

After breakfast, we went to the Big Temple. The crowd was quite huge. We could not have darsan of Unnamulai and Arunachaleswara,
since there were at least 1000 Ayyappa and Adi Parasakti devotees. We had darshan of only Kambattu Ilaiyanar, Gopurathu
Ilaiyanar and Sivaganga Ganapati and then returned with some disappointment.

Back in the Asramam, I bought English translation of Marula Muniyanna Kagga, (the Blabberings of Marula  Muniya of D.V.Gundappa,
a companion volume of Mangu Thmmmanna Kagga, containing verses on philosophy.

Then we went to to have darsan of Seshadri Swami samadhi. We had a calm darsan there, not much crowd. There in the bookshop,
I purchased Pattinathar's songs with meaning. This is a good book, with good printing and explanation for verses.

We had lunch at 11 am. We returned to the guest room. We took some rest, packed up things, and then left Tiruvannamalai,
at around 1.30 pm. to reach Bangalore at 7.00 pm.

The trip and darsan were quite enjoyable.

A word about Bangalore - T'malai roads. From Krishnagiri, the roads are being broadened. No doubt this would be helpful
for highway travelers but for this a good number of trees, some 40/50 years old, are being felled. Everywhere, there is
a diversion stating 'Work in Progress'.  "Work in Progress" reminded  me of James Joyce's book Finnegan's Wake. The other
name for the book is WORK IN PROGRESS. This novel is written on the method of 'stream of consciousness.' It is said to be
a book based on Rosicrucian System of circular universe.

concluded.

Arunachala Siva.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 09:26:50 AM »
Subramaniam Sir

Thanks for your detailed updates . Glad that you had a good refreshing time at the Ashram barring the injury to your finger . Sometimes these sort of things happen on a pilgrimage and we really cant know the real reasons for the same . Anyway I am sure by Bhagwan's grace the finger will heal quickly and be back to normal .
I just have few queries :
1) Is the evening Tamil Parayana at 6.45 p.m or 6.20 p.m .I thought it was daily at 6.45 p.m? Due to winter have they changed time ?
2) Is the Ribhu Gita Chanting being done in Tamil / Sanskrit ?
3) You hand mentioned that you had bought the books of DV Gundappa at the Ashram .Can you throw more light on it i.e its publisher , price etc
4) Details of the book on Pattinathar that you got at Seshadri Sawmigal's book shop .

So happy that you met Sri Khanna ( whose father Merged with Arunachala ) and had a good visit .
Take Care of your finger .
Om Peace
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 09:45:26 AM »
Dear atmavichar100,

1. The evening Parayana in Tamizh starts from 6.20 PM. It takes normally about 50 minutes, so that at 7.15 PM, devotees can form
the queue for evening dinner.

2. Ribhu Gita parayana is in Tamizh, the version of Ulaganatha Swamigal;  the book is sold in Asramam book stall and is priced
Rs 120.00.

3. Marula Muniya is an imaginary character, apparently not literate, but gives out verses on  advaita philosophy. It is written by
Dr. D.V. Gundappa, a noted Kannada novelist and  lyricist. It is a companion volume for Mangu Thimmana Kagga, Thus blabbered
Mangu Thimma. This book is again on philosophy by an apparent illiterate. Both have been translated into
English free verses, by A. Narasimha Bhatt, of Kasargode. These two books are available in Sri
Ramanasramam. each priced Rs 65.00

4. Pattinatha PAdalgaL is by Sri Swaminatha Desikendra Siva Yogi, and is published by Sakuntalai Nilayam, 171, Coral Merchant
Street, Chennai 600 001. This is priced at Rs 135.  Phone No. 2525 0092.

Arunachala Siva.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 09:59:57 AM »
Subramaniam Sir

Many thanks for your prompt replies .
Om Peace

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 12:52:56 PM »
Dear Subramainan garu,

Very nice details about your arunachala trip sir.

Hope your finger recovers soon.