Author Topic: Patanjali Samadhi Pada- Supreme Surrender  (Read 3981 times)

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
Re: Patanjali Samadhi Pada- Supreme Surrender
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 09:33:10 AM »
Annamalai Swamiji is crystal clear in his thoughts. I have not seen writings of other disciples of Bhagawan being so crystal clear. Just my musings...

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 10:49:52 AM »
Annamalai Swamiji is crystal clear in his thoughts. I have not seen writings of other disciples of Bhagawan being so crystal clear. Just my musings...

Sanjay

Dear Sanjay ji,
      :) Thats what I believe too. Annamalai Swami was perhaps the least educated of the others too -- Still his teachings are absolutely spot on.

I have come to believe that Annamalai Swami is the Vivekananda of Ramana :) ... He expresses his teachings perfectly.

Due Credit must also go to David Godman for clearly capturing what  Annamalai Swami  said and bringing it out in print .Equal Credit must also go to Annamalai Swami's Caretaker Sundaram for acting as Annamalai Swami's Translator .

Om Peace
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 11:10:56 AM »
udai,
Stay focussed on the discussion.Who is the Dreamer?Who changes Gears?Who wills the Dream?Can the Dream continue if perceived as a Dream?If the Dream is perceived as a Dream,can it continue as a Dream?
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 11:26:15 AM »
udai,

Who is the dreamer ? The dreamer ! who else ? A part of the dream
Who is the Dreamer who dreams?

Who changes gears ? the one who needs to. One who sees a need
Who is the 'one' and what is his 'need'?

Who wills the dream ? No one wills, it just happens. But its due to vasanas inherent in mind
Whose vasanas?Whose mind?

Can the Dream continue if perceived ? Yes. Already answered this. Lucid dreaming example as well as the quotes
What is this lucid dreaming?

Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 12:04:38 PM »
udai,
I realize that you have reached the limits of your intellect and now are referring me to annamalai swami.All that I am saying is that no analogy can explain Truth.The words of the Great ones have to be accepted on Faith and sadhana has to be pursued as per that.One should be mindful that each one is lead by the Guru in the way best suited to him and such a path cannot be questioned by another.  Sri Ramakrishna says:
"How little we know! Can a one-seer pot hold ten seers of milk?
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 12:14:04 PM »
udai,
" I show a rose"-

Big Assumption!You are dishing out ideas about a 'Rose';that is all that I am saying. :)

Namaskar

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 01:04:22 PM »
udai,
Ideas are not enough;one requires at least the perfume of a Rose to detect its presence and then trace it to come face to face with it.
We now get back to the wonderful theme in this thread and my first post here:

"It is His Universal Presence that projects itself in an individualised manner, sometimes for the purpose of working the aims of evolution. This is a truth which shall open up the heart of every soul and then make it completely surrender itself to God".

Spiritual living is not a problem to be solved,not a puzzle to be cracked.such is the Human perspective and the sooner this gives place to the deeper causeless drive that is ever secretly at work,the easier it becomes for the sadhaka to flow along and realize his unity with this Divine power.
All prayer is only an inner urge to link oneself to the Divine and let that take over.

Prayer enables us to smell the Rose rather than speculate about it through ideas.I do not intend to entertain any further discussion on this .

Namaskar.