Author Topic: visited arunachala on Dec 25  (Read 4967 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
visited arunachala on Dec 25
« on: December 27, 2012, 09:24:06 AM »
dear Devotees

after three months gap,  I visited Arunachala on Dec 25th,  early morning I reached there and checked in a hotel.

I slept a little longer and woke up at 7 AM and went to Maharishee's ashram site.

After veda parayana,  had a little breakfast and visited Sri Ramasramam book depot.

To my suprise,  I found Ozhivil Odukkam tamil book copy which I have asked for .

I bought that,  Padamalai and also the new year calendar.  This time they have readily bundled the calendars as they found devotees take the calendar , see it frequently. 
Demo copies are available to see.

I then went up the holy arunachala upto skandashramam and then from there went down to virupaksha cave. 

There were many foreigners (non english speaking),  who came in groups . I went to virupaksha cave joining that group.  Inside the cave,  I sat along with them in meditation.

While coming down,    I took the another path that will directly lead us to the town temple street.

Then after resting in Hotel,  I went to Arunachaleshwara temple .  The pradosham day was on Dec 25th and hence in the evening I had nice darshan of abhishekam to Nandigeshwara.  They did elaborate abhishekam for the three Nandikeshwara sannidhi.

There was  a strange sadhu bikshu who covered attention of some.   What he did was,  for everyone who put coins to Him,  he touched their hands, proclaimed like this in tamil

"  I being a ordinary man,  could not find out what is inside the mind of this person.  But the stone turned Shiva hill Arunachala and his consort Unnamulai ,  let them know and fullfill this person's wishes"

Let all people who come to Annamalai live like this temple Annamalai .

I got appreciated for this Sadhu clearly accepted his position and gave out all good message without boredom feeling to anyone who put coins to him.

I then finished darshan of Swami and Amma Unnamulai and sat for a while.

This year 2013 ,  monthly calendar with beautiful photos of various shiva utsvams available in temple bookstall.   

Finally I was coming out of temple,  planning to again visit Ramsramam and chase for my books at Bhagavan Arts bookstall.

Just while coming out,  I thought I should have put some coins to that Sadhu and felt I missed the chance.

Almost immediately,  I saw that Sadhu in a hotel near the foot-wear stand .   I went to him and gave him Rs 10.  He blessed me in the same way as he did inside the temple.

I then went to Bhagavan's hall again ,  prostrated and thanked for a wonderful day.

I did not feel that much tired as I expected because of alighting up the holy arunachala hill.

I re-collected that nice day all through yesterday.   

Smaranaath Arunachalam.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 09:32:01 AM by ksksat27 »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: visited arunachala on Dec 25
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 09:42:24 AM »
Dear Kskat

Happy that you had a refreshing trip to Thiruvanamalai .
Is the  "Ozhivil Odukkam " book by Muguvai Kannan Murugan Adimai ? How much is it priced?

Om Peace

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 10:26:46 AM »
Krishnan,

nice to read the accounts of your visit, thank you for sharing it.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 10:50:47 AM »
Dear Kskat

Is the  "Ozhivil Odukkam " book by Muguvai Kannan Murugan Adimai ? How much is it priced?

Om Peace

Dear Sir,

In all hurry,  unfortunately I dont know answer to both the  questions,  obviously your obvious questions from someone who has bought a book

I will check.

This Ozhivil Odukkam term came in some Bhagavan book i think Living by words --  David Godman.  Bhagavan advised this book to Annamalai Swami I believe.

This book has so much power --  something I am getting intuitively --  all one's vasanas gets destroyed in a varying degree by reading the verses alone without analyzig too much.

Need to read that book.

I will get details tomorrow on book author and prize

Subramanian Sir -- please throw more light on various authors if they exist on this book.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 11:13:20 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

Nice. It was Christmas Gift for you to go to Tiruvannamalai and see Sri Bhagavan, Arunachaleswara and Unnamulai. They
shall grant you all that you have in mind.

Ozhivil Odukkam by Mugavai Kannan Murugan Adimai, the Secretary of Sri Ramana Satsangh, Chennai is a good book. It is
composed by one KaNNudaiya VaLLalAr and Sri Ramalinga Swamigal has written one commentary running to several pages
on the first verse itself. MKMA has covered all the verses giving meaning. It is a nice book and the original Tamizh verses are
somewhat tough.

Arunachala Siva.   

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 11:14:19 AM »
Dear Kskat

Om Peace

Dear Sir,

In all hurry,  unfortunately I dont know answer to both the  questions,  obviously your obvious questions from someone who has bought a book

I will check.

This Ozhivil Odukkam term came in some Bhagavan book i think Living by words --  David Godman.  Bhagavan advised this book to Annamalai Swami I believe.

This book has so much power --  something I am getting intuitively --  all one's vasanas gets destroyed in a varying degree by reading the verses alone without analyzig too much.

Need to read that book.

Subramanian Sir -- please throw more light on various authors if they exist on this book.

Dear Kskat

I need the details as a friend of mine is going to Thiruvanamlai next week and I wanted to get the book from me from Sri Ramana Ashram and hence wanted to know the concered author's books is available and its price so that I can give that money to my friend .
No hurry would be happy to get the news by tomorrow .
By the way are the Ashram Diaries available for sale ?

Om Peace
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 02:09:09 PM »
Dear Krishna,

Nice to hear about your holy trip to arunachala.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 08:00:43 PM »
Dear ksksat27, Wonderful that You visited Arunachala and Bhagavan's Home! I am sure it is beautiful and special experience. Thank You for sharing all this with us! With love and prayers,

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 09:15:37 AM »
Dear Kskat

Om Peace

Dear Sir,

I will check.

Need to read that book.

Dear Kskat

I need the details as a friend of mine is going to Thiruvanamlai next week and I wanted to get the book from me from Sri Ramana Ashram and hence wanted to know the concered author's books is available and its price so that I can give that money to my friend .
No hurry would be happy to get the news by tomorrow .
By the way are the Ashram Diaries available for sale ?

Om Peace

Dear sir,

The book is priced at Rs 150/- and it is by Shri Murugadimai.

It is medium volumne with verses and followed by the explanation to verses.

Ashram diary was also available.  I did not know photos are there inside,  otherwise I would have bought one for me.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:27:34 AM by ksksat27 »

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 09:27:01 AM »
Dear ksksat27, Wonderful that You visited Arunachala and Bhagavan's Home! I am sure it is beautiful and special experience. Thank You for sharing all this with us! With love and prayers,

Thankyou very much  Jewell,  Nagaraj,  Prasthanth ,  Subramaniam sir and others.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 09:57:49 AM »
Dear sir,

Ashram diary was also available.  I did not know photos are there inside,  otherwise I would have bought one for me.

Thanks Kskat .Muruganadimai is a wonderful devotee of Bhagwan Ramana ,Muruganar and is an expert on Tamil and his books are worth reading .I have been blessed to meet him and interact with him personally but lost contact with him and only through this forum I got the information from Sri Subramaniam Sir that he has written this book and contacted him and he told me that his book will be mostly available in Ramana Ashram .
You must read his commentary on Akshara Mana Malai and it is excellent and indepth .

Om Peace

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 09:01:03 AM »
Dear sir,

Thanks Kskat .Muruganadimai is a wonderful devotee of Bhagwan Ramana ,Muruganar and is an expert on Tamil and his books are worth reading .I have been blessed to meet him and interact with him personally but lost contact with him and only through this forum I got the information from Sri Subramaniam Sir that he has written this book and contacted him and he told me that his book will be mostly available in Ramana Ashram .
You must read his commentary on Akshara Mana Malai and it is excellent and indepth .

Om Peace

is this devotee same as balamurugan adimai?

regarding Akshara Mana Malai,  you know what sir?  I have not read any commentary by anybody.  Because for these lines,  I have discovered some bhava relationship and my own meaning (sometimes imagined meaning)

So I am immersed in my own imaginary bhava and does not want that to get diluted by other's commentaries.  It is like keeping a baby child from the view of others.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 10:11:09 AM »
Dear Krishnan,

'Balamurgan Adimai' is a different person. He is the one who suddenly got enchanted by Lord Muruga and went and sat in
an old temple in Ratnagiri near Vellore. In face his family people were all DMK members without belief in God. He went to
the temple atop a hill and as soon as he reached and got darsan of Muruga, (the temple was not well maintained), he lost
his speech. For some years, he could  not speak at all. With donations from a large number of people, he renovated the temple
and also arranged to build a gopuram also.  He is now in his 60's and he stays only in the temple. The gopuram can be seen
if you go by train from Bangalore to Chennai near Vellore (Katpadi Junction).

Arunachala Siva.