Author Topic: Narada bakthi sutras  (Read 2722 times)

srkudai

Narada bakthi sutras
« on: September 01, 2008, 10:15:40 AM »
Dear Friends,
            Naradha bakthi sutras explain the path of Self Surrender very clearly. Sri Ramana talked of Self Inquiry and Self Surrender as the two ways to revel in the Self. In His upadesha saram he explains thus:

Ishvar-arpitam, na ichaya kritam
chitta shodakam, mukti marganam
This literally means "having offered to God, not desiring anything --- self inquiry leands to liberation".

so Self Surrender is equallly important for a sadhaka. Naradha explains in detailed what Bakthi means.

As i understand, Jnana and bakthi are not two separate things. Both mean the same. When one has the Jnana that Isha-vasyam [God is everywhere] and when one sees that God is indeed here and now , every where around us, as if embracing us : it leaves no place for the individual and his desires. Thus dissolving one becomes the Self.
Lets study these sutras which explain in detailed how love of God is to be cultivated and practised.

Love!
Silence

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Narada bakthi sutras
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 11:57:53 AM »
Dear srkudai,  You said it.  We all think, that Narada Bhakti Sutram
and Chandilya Bhakti Sutram are telling about devotion to personal
gods.  These books eventually speak about Atma Samarpana, giving
out the self to the Self. 

Arunachala Siva.

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 08:24:06 PM »
Dear srkudai ji

You are very correct. We must know what is pure Bhakti. People who are born with bhakti they can have a thirst for knowing further. Many people who are living for ROTI, KAPADA AND MAKHAN  they do not want anything to know about God, When they get suffering they think why it happened to them, For solution they search God. It is the starting I think but it is not Bhakti. I feel it is God's play to call his creation towards Him. Slowly when the man tastes some glimses he becomes mad like Meera. Ultiately the man becomes true Bhakta and he never asks anything but only God. That is true bhakti. I head the story of Kunthi. When Lord Krishna asked what she wants. She told O Lord give suffering always so I never forget u. I always remember you. We should have achanchala Bhakti or dhrada bhakti.
At the same as you said the story, man should have the common sense that God's helping through some one.

Ramanaduli

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 11:30:56 AM »
Dear srkudai and Ramanaduli,  Yes. Bhakti is not an emotion,
coming and going, it is a continuous process, 'thyla dhara',
like a flow of oil, noiseless, without break and continuous.
Bhakti is 'total surrender' to the godhead, without the feelings
of "me" and "mine."  Saiva Siddhantis says, it is like the chastity
of a wife to her husband, faith, unflinching faith, not caring for
anything excepting Godhead.

Arunachala Siva.