Author Topic: sad news  (Read 2931 times)

latha

• View Profile
sad news
« on: December 12, 2012, 08:27:54 PM »
Dear Friends,

Since we are all part of Bhagavan's family, I have decided to share my grief with you. Yesterday my brother-in-law passed away suddenly due to health issues. He was only 50 years old. Please include my sister and her two kids (one in college and the other starting next year)  in your prayers. 

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
Re: sad news
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »
I am so sorry, dear latha. Let's Lord Ramana gives strength to you and your family :(. I am really sorry. :(
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 08:50:32 PM »
Dear lathaji, I am So Sorry for Your loss!! It is truly sad to hear something like that. I will pray for Your brother in law,your sister and her familly. It is a hard time,but with mutual support and love,everything will be alright in the end. May Bhagavan Grace,Blessings and Love be upon You all! With All love and prayers,

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 09:43:14 PM »
Latha Ji

Sorry for this sad news in your family . Swami Sivananda advise people to chant "Maha Mritunjaya Mantra "  for the departed soul to rest in peace and also to give strength to the family that have lost their dear one and I will also do the same for your departed brother in law and his family .

Here is a link to the Chant of Maha Mritunjaya Mantra on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAnMgrLprwo

Apart from Maha Mritunjaya Mantra , Chanting of Chapter -8 of Bhagwad Gita is also recommended for the departed soul to rest in peace .
Om Peace .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 12:36:33 AM »
Dear Friends,

Thank you for all your kind words.

I will definitely keep chanting "Maha Mritunjaya Mantra" and try to chant/read Bhagavad Gita to console the family members. I may not have time to access the forum in the next few days but I appreciate all your prayers.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 03:39:36 AM »
Dear latha,

Very sorry to hear the bereavement of your brother in law. Let Sri Bhagavan give his wife and children enough courage to meet
the calamity.

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 06:41:19 AM »
Dear Sri latha,

I am filled with grief and sorrow to hear the untimely and sudden loss of the brother-in-law. My heart particularly aches and weeps for the sister and her young and growing children. I pray to our God and Guru Bhagwan Sri Ramana  for the departed soul. I pray in this tragic hour to give the sister, her children and the family members strength to bear the unbearable grief which have been inflicted by the cruel fate with equanimity. I also pray to Him to grace them to understand that this world is illusory and life and death are ultimately unreal. I pray that the sister and her children may not have to face difficult time ahead and the time may gradually act as the great healer.

Anil       

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 07:39:56 AM »
Lathaji,
Got to see the sad news of the passing away of your brother-in-law.Grief is something that all of us experience in such moments.One sure way of assuaging it is through Grateful remembrance of all the Noble deeds and aspirations of the Departed soul.The close relatives have a strong life link with the departed soul and through grateful remembrance and resolution to set into motion to effect the aspirations of the departed soul,we free it from entanglement and attachment and help it in its onward journey.It will also at the same time fill the near and dear ones with an oasis of peace amidst the grief.
Your sister is young and has life and challenges ahead with children studying.It is quite important that she is helped towards this recovery.As near relatives,we may see if there is any moral and financial support to be extended to the family.It may help to see that the children are cared for and suitably advised that they stay focussed on their studies as soon as the immediate ceremonies are over.Both the wife and Children need to understand that the Best they can do to bring peace to the departed is to ensure their own peace of mind and Resolve to discharge the Responsibilities that are yet to be fulfilled by the Departed soul.This is how they can show their gratitude in action.This Gratitude will surely assuage the Grief and ffree them from sorrow.
During the ceremonies,they may be encouraged to cook rice that is offered as pinda to the departed.This,if done with Sraddha will offer them great solace.
The sooner the family is helped to realize the Reality,the better it is for them;For after the few days of receiving condolence messages,everything will be gone and they will be left to face life ahead on their own.
The seeds of Spiritual foundation can be sown by our not getting drowned in grief but by rising to the occasion and go about doing what needs to be done in an objective way.
May Sri Bhagavan's Guidance and support be with you and the Bereaved Family.
Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 08:45:43 AM »
Sri Lata ji,

My heartfelt prayers, may Bhagavan's grace be with the family in this time of hour.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 08:56:37 AM »
Dear Friends,

Thank you for your messages from the heart - it is very comforting and feels like it is Bhagavan's messages. I trust that Bhagavan will give us strength and guide us during this hard time. I feel blessed to be part of this forum and have satsang with all of you. I am sure all your prayers and that of Swamiji at Chinmaya mission will help my sister's family.

swayam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 01:39:12 PM »

Sorry to know this. in this moment of grief May Bhagavan bless the family with strength, support and peace of mind.