Author Topic: Sri Ramana Ninaivugal:  (Read 5083 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Sri Ramana Ninaivugal:
« on: December 09, 2012, 02:59:57 PM »
After Sri Annamalai Swami moved to Palakottu, and sometime in 1995, a Trust was constitued by Swami Hamsananda under
the name Sri Annamalai Swamigal Asramam Trust. This Trust has brought out a book (1995) titled as above, which means Remembrances
About Sri Ramana.  This old book contains some advices by Sri Bhagavan to Annamalai Swami. I shall give a few anecdtoes on from this book.

1. Once Annamalai Swami asked Sri Bhagavan: How to do bhakti while one is worldly affairs and transactions?

Bhagavan: (He did not answer). Soon some girls came and danced - Let us churn the crowds, let us churn the crowds, without
forgetting Krishna. Sri Bhagavan then looked at Annamalai Swami and said: See, this is the answer to your question. This is
also called Karma Yoga.

2. Once Annamalai Swami asked: What is the difference between being in meditation for some time and then engaging oneself
in worldly matters?  Sri Bhagavan replied: Both are the same. It is like telling the same thing in two languages. The crow uses one
eye for looking at two sides. The elephant with its one trunk breathes and also drinks water. The serpent is said to see and hear
from its eyes,  He then quoted Kaivalya Navaneetam, Verse 173 from Part II.

Arunachala Siva. 

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Sri Ramana Ninaivugal:
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »
Subramanian,
I warmly recommend this Book to all aspirants.
Coming to Sri Bhagavan's reply to question no.2,is based on his response to question no.1.
Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 04:05:56 PM »
Dear Ravi,

This book is one of the old books containing the notes of Sri Annamalai Swami. I bought this in 2008 and already there were only
a few copies. I do not know whether this is reprinted. Now that there is an Annamalai Swami Spiritual Trust, the book may be
reprinted.

Arunachala Siva.   

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 04:28:53 PM »
Subramanian,
This book was published first when Swami was living ,possibly in the 80s.Now it is available under a different name:
Sri BhagavAnum Adiyenum-Swami's Diary in Tamizh(Sri Bhagavan and His Devotee)and is published by Sri Annamalai Swami Spiritual Trust which was not functioning between 2001 -2006 when sri Sundaram was in the North doing sadhana in a place upwards of Almora.During that time,they handed over the Annamalai Swami asramam and other properties to Sri Ramanansramam.
It is again functioning with slender resources,and is bringing out teachings of annamalai swami as well as some audio chants(Excerpts from Ribhu Gita)by Annamalai Swami in the form of mp3 CD ;It also will be bringing out some more video of swami.
Those interested may contact Sri Sundaram Swamy-His email id:
annamalaiswamytrust@gmail.com

Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 04:52:59 PM »
Dear Ravi,

Yes. I remember to have seen the book Bhagavanum Adiyenum - on the shelf of the bookstall. However, I did not buy.
It was there during my Sept 2012 visit. Now I do not know whether this and other books are sold by the Annamalai swami
Spiritual Trust itself.

Arunachala Siva.     

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 07:46:39 PM »
Subramanian,
Yes,the Book can be purchased from Annamalai Swami Spiritual Trust.
Namaskar.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 01:48:58 AM »
1. Once Annamalai Swami asked Sri Bhagavan: How to do bhakti while one is worldly affairs and transactions?

Bhagavan: (He did not answer). Soon some girls came and danced - Let us churn the crowds, let us churn the crowds, without
forgetting Krishna. Sri Bhagavan then looked at Annamalai Swami and said: See, this is the answer to your question. This is
also called Karma Yoga.

2. Once Annamalai Swami asked: What is the difference between being in meditation for some time and then engaging oneself
in worldly matters?  Sri Bhagavan replied: Both are the same. It is like telling the same thing in two languages. The crow uses one
eye for looking at two sides. The elephant with its one trunk breathes and also drinks water. The serpent is said to see and hear
from its eyes,  He then quoted Kaivalya Navaneetam, Verse 173 from Part II.

Dear Sri Subramanian sir,dear Sri Ravi,

Beautiful words! And so true. That is the right aditude toward world matters and sadhana,and i also saw that everything we do,and all we need to go through is exactly karma yoga. And we are doing it without even noticing that it is a sadhana.
I never read that book,but i like it already.

Thank You Very much!

With love and prayers,

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 08:15:31 AM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

One evening, I was strolling with Sri  Bhagavan on the Hill, I told Him: Swami, if I could get ekanta vasam (staying alone without
any disturbance from any one), a little quantity of food,  and I should always close my eyes so that the world will disappear, is it
not good for my progress?

Sri Bhagavan replied: If you have such thoughts, then for getting these things materialized, you should get one more birth!
There is nothing like ekanta vasam. If you close your mind's eye, any place is ekantam. One cannot plan all these; all plans
have already been made by God for you!

Sri Bhagavan said: One can never determine the spiritual nature of a man by seeing his outside appearance and activities.
He cited the example of 1. Tondar Adi Podi Azhwar 2. Kaduveli Siddhar and 3. Sri Krishna.  He added how Jivan muktas cannot be
understood by others is explained in Vedanta Chudamani.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 09:21:32 AM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

On 10.03.1938, at night, I asked Sri Bhagavan about the wonders of siddhas.

Sri Bhagavan said: The practicing of siddhis is only to make the ego thicker. Without seeing an 'other' is a great siddhi.
For a poorna Jnani, all siddhis will come as servants. To experience what is readily available and know is the greatest siddhi.
All other siddhis are like dreams.

He then explained the relevant verse in Ulladu Narpadu. (Verse 35).

One evening when Sri Bhagavan was going towards the Hill, the sweeper in the Asramam on seeing Him stopped  his work
and prostrated to Sri Bhagavan. Sri Bhagavan kindly told him: If you do your work properly, that itself is a great namaskaram.
Once you do your swadharma without fail, that is the easy way to liberation.

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 09:02:02 AM »
Annamalai Swami says:

On one occasion I asked Sri Bhagavan: I find that even some who are always with you, also gets into bad habits and go in the
bad way? How can it happen?

Sri Bhagavan said: What to do? In Vaikunta, even Jaya and Vijaya who were very close to Sri Narayana (as dwara bhalakas) also
committed mistakes due to ego and then had to take births as rakshasas, as Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakasipu. Is it not?

Once I asked Sri Bhagavan, hoping that He would suggest some medicine, 'I am having stomach pain often. What can I do?
Sri Bhagavan said: This body itself is a great disease. Summa iru and that is the only way. You are telling your disease to me.
To whom can I tell my diseases?

Arunachala siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 03:37:30 AM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

On 02.04.1939, some Congress volunteers came to Sri Bhagavan and of them two asked: Can with your Grace, attain Jnana and
then give the upadesa to the people in the world?

Sri Bhagavan: Let the upadesa for the world be at one side. First you understand yourself. Then, if there is world and people,
you can give upadesa. Without knowing your true nature, if one wants to teach the world, then it will be like a blind trying to
do an eye surgery to someone else. First let your eyes be clear. Then you can see everyone's eye as your eye. Then help and
upadesa are possible.

One volunteer: What is the way to ensure mano-nasa?

Sri Bhagavan: First investigate what is mind. Then if there is mind, one can try mano-nasa!

Volunteer:  I have got mind.

Sri Bhagavan: Who you are? Is the body you? If the body and mind are you, then these questions are not there in deep
sleep. How can you say that you are the mind?

Volunteer: I agree.

Sri Bhagavan: You are Atman. Only if there is an 'other' then one can help or do trouble. If you are the only One, then
what is it that you can hate or like? Desirelessness is the greatest happiness and peace.

Arunachala Siva.             

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 09:19:59 AM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

On 07.04.1939, devotees asked Sri Bhagavan:

Q: Sri Bhagavan! We are not able to see Atma in pratyaksham. Why?

Bhagavan: Pratyaksham is the very name for Atma only. For any other subject, there is no name as Pratyaksham. Though,
Atma is Pratyaksham we do not realize it because  our body and body thought hides Atma. If this is overcome, then everyone
will have the experience of Atma as Pratyaksham.

On 09.04.1939, some devotees asked Sri Bhagavan: What is Satsangh?

Bhagavan: The real  Sat Sangh is Atma Sangh only. Only for one is not able to experience this, they require Sadhu Sangham.

Q: When shall one get Sadhu Sangham?

Bhagavan: Earlier (in past births), if one can do for long time, Isvara Puja, Japa, Tapas, pilgrimages etc., then one shall get
Sadhu Sangham and a suitable Sadguru would become available for him. Tayumanavar also says this in Parapara Kanni.
Such a person would be benefited by such a Sadguru and attain salvation.

Arunachala Siva.           

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 12:56:01 PM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

Once some devotee asked: There is no Sadhu available in our place. How can we do Sadhu darsanam?

Sri Bhagavan: Why do you ask what to do? There are photos, metal idols etc., in every home. Further each one knows
some God's name. Pujas are there. These things should be made use of. Once Isvara Krupa is obtained, Sadguru krupa
or Atma krupa shall be ensured for him.

Once a devotee asked: Sri Bhagavan! I am this body - consciousness is very strong. It is not going for me. But you say
it will go easily. How?

Bhagavan: Since as you said the thought - I am the body is so strong - so it does not go easily.

devotee: Why? Why that thought came to me?

Bhagavan: Because this question was not raised by you and often, this thought came. This is what Kaivalya  Navaneetam
also says, Chapter V. Part 2 Verse 95.)

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 09:53:06 AM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

Once I asked Sri Bhagavan: Sukham, Dhukkham - These come to us as per karmas of previous births. However, if one
wishes to have a particular work happen, and if one feels that is good, will such things happen?

Sri Bhagavan: Aha! If poorva punyam is quite large, then anything would happen in this birth as per one's wish. This is
common to both Jnanis and Ajnanis. That is, it will happen, as per iccha, aniccha and pareccha. If demerits are very high,
it shall bear fruit now itself. Demerits  and Merits if these are very high, the results are immediate. In the recent history,
for Vidyaranya Swami (Sankara?) had the shower of gold because of this.

Once Sri Bhagavan said: If one is Brahmavarishta, due to prarabdha, moksha hetu vasanas will happen. There is no
bandha hetu vasanas for him. Akarma is Jnanam. Doing karma without any effort of one's own is Jnanam.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 10:11:17 AM »
Annamalai Swami writes:

Once when I asked how to do Samadhi or whether there are many methods of Samadhi?

Sri Bhagavan said: Samadhi is only one type. There are no many methods. Without a single thought, if one lies quiescent in
the Self it is called Nirvikalpa Samadhi. Without forgetting the Self at anytime is Sahaja Samadhi. Both give the same bliss.

Once at evening, a devotee asked Sri Bhagavan to permit him to touch His feet and do namaskaram. He came slowly near
Sri Bhagavan. Sri Bhagavan said: Sri Bhagavan's Feet are only in bhakta's heart. You should not lose hold of them. That is
bliss. If you touch my Feet, you may get disappointed because these will disappear one day. One should pray to the Feet
that is within. That is a great puja. He then laughed.

Arunachala Siva.