Author Topic: Leela and Maya - From Talks.  (Read 925 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Leela and Maya - From Talks.
« on: December 05, 2012, 10:38:21 AM »
Leela and Maya - (from Talks): 16.2.1937:

A visitor remarks that it is cruel of God's leela to make the knowledge of Self so hard.

Maharshi: (Laughing) - Knowing he Self is being the Self and being means Existence - one's own existence, which no one
denies, any more than one denies one's own eyes, although one cannot see them.  The trouble lies with your desire to objectify
the Self, in the same way as you objectify your eyes when you place a mirror before them. You have been so accustomed to
objectify that you lost the knowledge of yourself, simply because the Self cannot be objectified. Who is to know the Self? Can the
insentient body know it? All the time you speak and think of your 'I',.'I', 'I', yet when questioned you deny knowledge of it. You are the
Self, yet you ask how to know the Self. Where then is God's leela and where its cruelty? It is because of this denial of the Self by people
that the Sastras speak of maya, leela etc.,

Arunachala Siva.     

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Leela and Maya - From Talks.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 02:18:46 PM »
Quote:
“The trouble lies with your desire to objectify
the Self, in the same way as you objectify your eyes when you place a mirror before them. You have been so accustomed to
objectify that you lost the knowledge of yourself, simply because the Self cannot be objectified. Who is to know the Self? Can the
insentient body know it? All the time you speak and think of your 'I',.'I', 'I', yet when questioned you deny knowledge of it. You are the
Self, yet you ask how to know the Self. Where then is God's leela and where its cruelty? It is because of this denial of the Self by people
that the Sastras speak of maya, leela etc.”

Dear Sri Subramanian Sir,
Pranam,

I am very happy indeed to see that you have started to post new topics under the board ‘The Teaching of Bhagwan Sri Ramana’. I feel that Lord Sri Arunachala inspired you to do it because there was an urgent need for the same in this Forum and there is no one here who understands Sri Bhagwan’s Teaching so comprehensively. I am cent percent certain that all your postings under these new topics would be of immense help to those, who newly caught in the Tiger’s Jaw, come seeking nectar-like Words and Sacred Utterances for immediate quenching of their thirst on the one hand, and to those treading the Path by clearing their doubts and confusion, on the other. Thanks very much, sir.

Ji. Yes. Ancients habits to know everything only objectively come in the way of our unobstructed Awareness of the Self. This is the main obstacle. We are so obsessed to objective knowledge that we cannot recognise anything and have its knowledge and awareness until and unless we are able to objectify it first as Sri Bhagwan Himself illustrated by the example of the eye and its objectification by placing a mirror.

Thanks very much once again, sir.

Pranam,
 Anil