Author Topic: Who is Paramahansa Yogananda ?  (Read 7728 times)

right2be

• View Profile
Who is Paramahansa Yogananda ?
« on: November 28, 2012, 05:29:20 PM »
Hello everybody,

A friend brought up the name of Paramahansa Yogananda the other day. I never heard of this person before. Was wondering if anybody may have some information on who this person was.

Also if he was an advaita vedantist.

Thank you.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Paramahansa Yogananda ?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 05:52:20 PM »
Dear right2be,

Paramhansa Yogananda was a Great Yogi,and Guru who teached Kriya Yoga. His teachings are universal. I dont know how He called Himself,but for me,according to His teachings He was Advaita Vedantist. His most famous book is Autobiography of a Yogi.
I know that He visited Bhagavan once. Here is the picture:

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 06:03:38 PM »
Jewell has given the most important description about Him. I just wanna share my opinion that He was Visishtadvaitin. He considered everything as Creation or Manifestation of God but is not God Himself, all are servants of Him. He was really a Great Soul and I recommend you to read His "Autobiography of a Yogi".
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 06:05:27 PM »
Paramahamsa Yogananda's meeting with Sri Bhagavan and the former's brief questions and Sri Bhagavan's answers
are available in Talks 106, & 107.

Arunachala Siva.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 07:52:03 PM »
Iavc,
Yes,Paramahansa Yogananda is indeed a Great soul.

"I met Paramahansa Yogananda in Calcutta in 1935. I have been following the accounts of his activities in America ever since. As a bright light shining in the midst of darkness, so was Yogananda’s presence in this world. Such a great soul comes on earth only rarely, when there is a real need among men.”— His Holiness Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswati,The Shankaracharya of Kanchipuram.

No more testimony is needed!

You may read the wonderful 'Autobiogrpahy of a Yogi' here:
 http://www.crystalclarity.com/yogananda/.

Ivac ,you may be interested in Sri Prakash Shankar Vyas,who teaches Kriya Yoga,in Australia and travels to other countries as well.
Please Look up
http://www.kashikriya.com/Guruji/.
He comes in the lineage of Sri Shyama Charan Lahiri Mahasaya ,who is the ParamaGuru(Guru's Guru)of Sri Paramahansa Yogananda.

Namaskar.

right2be

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 04:45:14 AM »
Hello everybody

Thank you very much for all your useful information and links, it is more then helpful.

I will be sure to check out the autobiography and also check out Sri Prakash Shankar Vyas. It's incredible that he also teaches in Australia. It's very hard to find ashrams or gurus of advaita Vedanta in this country I reside.

Love a peace to all,

Ivac_d