Author Topic: self enquiry in line with Bhagavan's Who am I?  (Read 1287 times)

Anand

• Anand
    • View Profile
self enquiry in line with Bhagavan's Who am I?
« on: November 25, 2012, 12:00:01 PM »
Dear friends,
In some earlier post I raised the subject of whether it is effective to meet each thought with to whom this thought,to me and who am I?
It seemed at that time that compared to above it is better to feel the subjective feeling of I and hold it.
But now, I feel that since Bhagavan in his who am I work did specifically mentioned a key aspect of the enquiry was to meet each thought with to whom this thought,to me and then reflect who am I ? it  is something equally effective if not more.
As per our Prarabhda we have face certain situations in life .In all of these varied situations whenever we face anxiety or worry, this method should be used to attack each thought ?I have found that this technique particularly is effective when our mind is very active like going to work after the weekend when our mind has to switchover from an intense period of relaxation to an intensively stressful situation and our mind seems to be suffused with thoughts.We should defintely try to atack each thought with this enquiry method.
This method could  also be used to develop a preparatory calm attitude  before like someone said to relax in the self and can be typically used when thoughts assail us in sressful  situation  or new situations or new places where our mind is flooded with thoughts .
Regards,Anand.
Sundaram Anand

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: self enquiry in line with Bhagavan's Who am I?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 12:23:39 PM »
Dear Ananda Sundaram,

Yes. This neti neti method was prescribed to Sivaprakasam Pillai in Who am I?

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: self enquiry in line with Bhagavan's Who am I?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 12:40:04 PM »
Dear Ananda Sundaram,

Be Still and have conviction that the Self would reveal itself. It will happen in course of time. The only desire one can have in life
is to desire the Self.

Arunachala Siva.