Author Topic: Regarding Lakshmi Puja Significance , Online Lakashmi Puja  (Read 3694 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Regarding Lakshmi Puja Significance , Online Lakashmi Puja
« on: November 12, 2012, 07:30:32 PM »
Dear Forum Members

While Deepavali is Celebrated all over India on Tue 13 Nov 2013 , the Lakshmi Puja is Celebrated mostly in Northern and Western India on the evening of Tue 13 Nov 2012  and in South India , mostly the North Indians only Celebrate the same . Last year during Deepavali I was in Rishikesh and had the blessings to witness Laxmi Puja being Celebrated at the Banks of Ganges and was highly impressed by it and felt Others must also get to know about the same .Though in spirituality Wealth is not Given importance but that is with respect for not hoarding wealth for selfish reasons but we need to be blessed with abundant wealth for doing Charity and noble deeds and hence must respect and welcome Goddess Laxmi in to our homes .Bhagwan Ramana himself took lot of Care of Lakshmi the Cow and who knows it can be even Godess Laxmi herself as even today Ramana ashram is providing free food and accomodation to thousands of devotees.
Here is a brief write up about Laxmi Puja and for those who cant do Laxmi Puja at home at the base I have given a link to an Online Simulation of Laxmi Puja which we can do it virtually following the simple instructions there .Kindly make use of it and receive the blessings of Goddess Laxmi .

Date : Tue 13 Nov 2012
Lakshmi Puja Muhurta = 17:47:13 to 19:45:15

http://www.shubhdeepawali.com/diwali.htm
About Laksmi Puja :
Lakshmi Puja or the worship of Goddess of Wealth is the major event of Diwali celebrations especially in the Northern and Western India. Lakshmi Puja takes place on the third and the main day of Diwali. On this day traditional worship of Goddess Lakshmi is sincerely performed in all households and business establishments after sunset. People believe that Goddess Lakshmi visits every house during Diwali and gives blessings of peace and prosperity. People light up rows of lamps in the house to welcome the Goddess of Wealth and Prosperity and also to light up her path. There is a tradition to keep the house spotlessly clean on Diwali as it is believed that Goddess Lakshmi loves cleanliness and visits the cleanest house first. This also explains why broom is worshiped with an offering of haldi (turmeric) and kumkum (vermilion) on Diwali.

Legend of Lakshmi Puja

Hindu mythology regards Goddess Lakshmi as the Goddess of light, beauty, wealth and good fortune. She is said to be the daughter of sage Bhrigu who took refuge in the ocean of milk and was reborn during the famous ocean churning process carried out by Gods and demons. Diwali is celebrated to commemorate the birth of the Goddess of Wealth and hence Lakshmi Puja is a very important part of the celebrations. Goddess Lakshmi chose Lord Vishnu as her consort. People worship Goddess Lakshmi to gain riches but Goddess resides only with those who work hard and avoids the company of lazy or those who regard money as everything in life. It may be noted that Lakshmi Puja is actually a combined puja of five deities. Lord Ganesha is worshipped at the beginning of every auspicious act as Vighnaharta. Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped in her three forms - Mahalakshmi (the Goddess of Wealth and Money), Mahasaraswati (the Goddess of Books and Learning), and Mahakali. Worshipping of Kuber (the Treasurer of the Gods) is also an integral part of Lakshmi Puja.

Link to Online Virtual Laxmi Puja
http://www.shubhdeepawali.com/Laxmi_poojan.htm
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Lakshmi Puja Significance , Online Lakashmi Puja
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 07:56:26 PM »
Hey,this is great!  :) I did everything which is writen and i completed pooja. It is beautiful! Now i even know what should be done.

Thank You Very much,dear atmavichar100! I enjoyed!

With love and prayers,

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 08:22:22 PM »
Hey,this is great!  :) I did everything which is writen and i completed pooja. It is beautiful! Now i even know what should be done.

Thank You Very much,dear atmavichar100! I enjoyed!

With love and prayers,

Jewell

Happy that you had a try with the Online Lakshmi Puja .I also did it and had a great thrill .I will repeat it again tomorrow evening .
Om peace .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 07:54:58 AM »
Dear atmavichar100,

Nice write up on Lakshmi Puja. The Tamizhians normally do not do Lakshmi Puja excepting during Navaratri.

Arunachala Siva.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 06:20:13 PM »
I did the pooja again! Yeeee... Now i can distribute the prasad.  :) :) :)

It is Beautiful! I also felt such a thrill.

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 06:57:49 PM »
Me too.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 07:04:09 PM »
I also finished my Laxmi Puja and before that Chanted Sri Suktam and other Vedic Chants .Happy that others also did the Online Laxmi Puja .