Author Topic: Constant dreams every night  (Read 1614 times)

right2be

• View Profile
Constant dreams every night
« on: November 09, 2012, 02:43:51 AM »
Hello sirs and mams

For the past couple of months mind seems to be having dreams every night. As soon as I fall to sleep I will fall into dream and wake up few times in the middle of the night but when I fall back to sleep another dream will start. They are dreams of random things, people I used to know, weird situations.
At first I let them affect me, but as I kept meditating and enquiring for some time now they do not affect me anymore. I spend a good 3 hours a day enquiring in silence and when there are tasks which need to be done I am always bringing mind back to "I am" whenever mind starts to wander. When I am awake mind seems to be more quiet then it used too and I now know good thoughts or bad thoughts are all just thoughts and nothing else so they are losing their power because I do not take them to be real and stay with the "I am".

My question is that the more thoughts are losing their power and the less I take them to be real It seems like there are more and more dreams every night.

Does anybody know why this is so ?

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Constant dreams every night
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 08:18:35 AM »
Dear ivac_d, Same is happening with me. From the moment my spiritual life started,i started to have very rich and unusual dreams. If i close my eyes for 10 minutes,dreams are there. Even,it is a world for itself,how to say. Dont worry,it is a good thing. Sometimes we dream something unimportant,just memory storage,and sometimes those dreams are telling us much about our inner life,about our subconsciousness. To me,many times happened to react in dream totaly different then how would i react in waking. Then i realised that it is was subconscious reaction,unknown to me. And,dreams can have great simbolism too. When You dream something bad,just dont let that impression,feeling to follow You,and dont believe it. I will put a link for Sri Aurobindo dream symbols,which are common for spiritual seakers. To me that is great help. With love and prayers,

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 08:24:45 AM »

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 08:35:20 AM »
Sri Jewel, thanks for that link, this link will be of much use to friend of mine!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 08:51:03 AM »
ivac,

"The sleep consciousness can be effectively dealt with only when the waking mind has made a certain amount of progress"-Sri Aurobindo.

You may find these Excerpts from Sri Aurobindo's letters on Yoga informative.Jewell has posted link that has a symbol based menu.There is an alternative link here where just excerpts from the Letters on Yoga are posted.Please refer:
http://www.lightendlesslight.org/Sleep%20and%20Dreams/SA_letters_II.htm

As I understand,what you are going through is a good sign;it means that you are becoming more alert in your dreams,that now you are able to notice them.If the waking state is sufficiently prepared,the current of lightness and peace should continue right through the sleep and and continue uninterruptedly on waking up.

Wishing you the very Best.

Namaskar.

right2be

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 01:42:43 PM »
Dear Jewell, Ravi and Tushnim.

Thank you so very much for your replies.
Jewell, Ravi thanks for the links they are very useful, it's already helped me understand the meaning behind them and now know why they are the way they are.

Tushnim, very brief but effective reply. I felt more relaxed after just reading it.

I just want to say thank you to everyone. When ever I start a topic and receive replies from all of you who offer your wisdom help and guidance it brings a joy and warmth to my heart.

Thank you for being the people you are.

Namaskar

ivac_d

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 01:48:10 PM »
Dear right2be,

The dreams are symbolic representation of your wishful thinking. If you constantly think of Sri Bhagavan, He would appear
in dreams. Many devotees like Annamalai Swami have dreamt of Sri Bhagavan and they had come to Him.

Arunachala Siva.